who is 666? my opinion

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

cristian_gavrilescu
Student

who is 666? my opinion

Post #1

Post by cristian_gavrilescu »

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (Revelation 13:18)
gematria is a calculation, a number from a name, a word, a phrase. every letter has a number allocated. the amount of all numbers is the number allocated to that word. if in latin alphabet, you allocate to the letter z, the number 1 and to next letters in inverse order of the alphabet, you allocate 2,3,4, etc, until 10, then 10,20,30, etc, until 100, then 100,200,300, etc, until last letter a, the word (name) hitler is 666. h=100, i=90, t=7, l=60, e=400, r=9. this is one of many possible gematries. in "real" gematria, the hebrew alphabet, nero is the only famous person with the number 666.
caesar neron = nron qsr = נרונ קסר
resh (ר) samekh (ס) qoph (ק) nun (נ) vav (ו) resh (ר) nun (נ)
200 + 60 + 100 + 50 + 6 + 200 + 50 = 666
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. (Revelation 17:8)
from this quote, we can understand the beast (666) will live two times. what similarities have hitler and nero? both they fought jews, both they killed themselves after they lost the war, both were the biggest killers in the history of humanity, nero killed paul and peter, in one word: 666. maybe God gave two chances to 666 to be a human, but he refused those.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #21

Post by JehovahsWitness »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: buddy, you are blind. i show you the truth and you refuse to see it
I haven't found your explanations convincing. Maybe if you tried to explain your point of view more clearly,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #22

Post by JehovahsWitness »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: 13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. (Romans 13:1-2)

are you agree?
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 13 by cristian_gavrilescu]

Yes, I agree with everything that is in scripture. ...

JW

As I said, I agree with EVERYTHING in the bible. There is no verse I disagree with.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

cristian_gavrilescu
Student

Post #23

still you don't understand?

cristian_gavrilescu
Student

Post #24

buddy , you like nazi?

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #25

Post by PinSeeker »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: were cast alive
what is alive?
JW and I differ on the concept of annihilation. I, of course, would say that the concept of annihilation is totally antithetical to the whole of Scripture. If what you are driving at is that they remain alive in the sense that they still have their being and are conscious, you are quite right.

As for the number the beast, 666, and Revelation 13 in general:

A beast rising out of the sea represents persecuting power, especially the power of a demonized state. The Beast combines features from the four beasts of Daniel 7:1-8, 17-27. The beasts of Daniel represent idolatrous kingdoms; therefore, this Beast in Revelation is a worldly kingdom summing all of them up. The state-controlled persecutions against Daniel and his friends thus suggest the nature of the persecution that the seven churches must face from the Roman state—and persecutions of later ages. Because it expresses a general principle of Satanic opposition, we may expect multiple manifestations occurring in the first century, the final crisis, and all times in between (Nero and Hitler are but two).

As for 666, The number 666 falls short of the divine completeness of seven. When we expect 777, we get a consistent falling short in 666. Thus 666 has an obvious symbolic value. But also, in both Hebrew and Greek a numerical value was associated with each letter of the alphabet. The name Jesus has numerical value 888 in Greek. Hence, the number 666 also makes a contrast with the name of Jesus, the Christ, who brings in the new creation on the eighth day. The Beast is the Antichrist, who counterfeits Christ but falls short. Many have attempted to connect 666 with the numerical value of someone’s name, but there are far too many possibilities. The speculations about modern antichrists also continue to multiply, but such speculations miss the point. Revelation calls not for cleverness but for spiritual discernment.

Hope this helps. Grace and peace to you, cristian_gavrilescu.

cristian_gavrilescu
Student

Post #26

please read the "demonstration", i can't answer to everyone

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #27

Post by PinSeeker »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: buddy , you like nazi?
I realize this was not directed at me but JW. But, well, you can certainly do what you want, cristian_gavrilescu; you're your own person. But I would say to you that there is no need for nastiness. The fruit if the Spirit is (not are) love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
cristian_gavrilescu wrote: please read the "demonstration", i can't answer to everyone
LOL!

Grace and peace to you, cristian_gavrilescu.

otseng
Savant

Post #28

Post by otseng »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: buddy , you like nazi?
cristian_gavrilescu wrote: buddy, you are blind. i show you the truth and you refuse to see it
:warning: Moderator Final Warning

Please do not make any negative comments about other posters.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Avoice
Guru

Re: who is 666? my opinion

Post #29

Post by Avoice »

666 meant nothing. The earliest Christian manuscript claims the number as different.so 666 is nothing. That's if you want to believe in Christianity

koko

Re: who is 666? my opinion

Post #30

Post by koko »

Seems like Trump is the closest thing we have to a biblical 666.

His building is 666, he called himself the "Chosen", he is a deceiver & liar, he enriches the wealthy while harming the poor, calls himself 'Christian' while doing and preaching policies that are the precise opposite of those things taught by Jesus, is filled with hatred for minorities whereas Jesus taught all were equal before god, brought on a virulent disease that can potentially wipe out millions of people, and seems hellbent on destroying the world.