christianity test

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

cristian_gavrilescu
Student

christianity test

Post #1

Post by cristian_gavrilescu »

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. (Matthew 22:36-40)

17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. (Mark 10:17-19)

you are a christian if you agree with these laws
or you believe differently?

Savant

Re: christianity test

Post #21

Post by 1213 »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:18 am ...
Bible tells Christian means a disciple of Jesus, and a disciple of Jesus is person who:

Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, "If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32

emilynghiem
Student

Post #22

Post by emilynghiem »

1213 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:10 pm
Bible tells Christian means a disciple of Jesus, and a disciple of Jesus is person who:

Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, "If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
Again @1213 and @cristian_gavrilescu
As true believers committed to following Authority of God through
agreement in Christ on Scriptures, by Matthew 18:15-20
if we have any rebukes or issues between us to resolve,
we are instructed to address these until the truth is
established in the mouths of witnesses in agreement.

Thus as long as we are true believers and submit to God's Authority through Christ,
any conflicts would be resolved and we will come to agreement on the laws and Scriptures.

This is ultimately the meaning I see in "be ye first Christ's Disciples,
and we shall know the truth, and the truth shall set us free."
By resolving all issues in Christ, otherwise dividing us, we become
free of error, personal bias causing conflict, fear of problems that
otherwise prevent resolving differences, etc. Anything that would
otherwise separate us from the love and understanding of God's truth
is removed by praying for forgiveness and correction in Christ Jesus
as those prayers will always be answered. if we disagree, we give it
to God in prayer and keep sharing with witnesses until every last issue is resolved.

Ask and we shall receive. Knock and the door is opened.
Only if we renounce our faith and give up asking for God's truth
will this process fail, only because we quit asking for God's help to know
and resolve the truth. This is why we should always help each other
as neighbors in Christ never to give up, but to keep asking,
keep forgiving so we keep receiving more wisdom and
understanding from God. And we can know what is needed
to resolve what we need to know. And whatever is for God
to know that we cannot grasp, we can agree on that as well
as long as we forgive.

WeSee
Banned
Banned

Post #23

Post by WeSee »

In 8:31-32 Jesus explains that His true disciples abide in His word, know the truth and have been made free.

An open question is, "What does it mean to abide in His word?".
It means to actually "live" His word.
Jesus' word includes not only the words Jesus spoke that cristian_gavrilescu quoted in Mark 10:17-19 and Matthew 7:22-23, but the other words Jesus spoke while preaching His gospel during His ministry as well.
Living His word entails not only "believing" and "following" His word, but truly KEEPing His word.
Yet many count themselves as "true disciples" even though they do not truly "abide in" (live) those words.

Another open question is, "'free' from what?". Jesus explains a few verses later:
John 8
34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
The answer Jesus give is "free" from "commit[ing] sin".
Yet many count themselves as "true disciples" even though they commit sin.

emilynghiem
Student

Post #24

Post by emilynghiem »

WeSee wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:11 am

In 8:31-32 Jesus explains that His true disciples abide in His word, know the truth and have been made free.

Jesus' word includes not only the words Jesus spoke that cristian_gavrilescu quoted in Mark 10:17-19 and Matthew 7:22-23, but the other words Jesus spoke while preaching His gospel during His ministry as well.
Living His word entails not only "believing" and "following" His word, but truly KEEPing His word.
Yet many count themselves as "true disciples" even though they do not truly "abide in" (live) those words.

Another open question is, "'free' from what?". Jesus explains a few verses later:
John 8
34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
Dear @WeSee
And this is where we learn the real meaning of none being righteous save Christ Jesus.
And why Jesus prepared us to forgive seventy times seven, over and over.

What I also found is unfortunately many people, both skeptics AND Christian Believers,
do not know the difference it makes to go through deliverance and generational healing!
That is why lots of people, including Christians, do not "get" why reparative therapy
has actually helped many people to heal of abuses that cause unnatural homosexual or transgender
orientation that wasn't their natural self they were born with. Some people can and have changed
by spiritual healing. Not only in cases of sexual abuse that caused unnatural attractions (whether homosexual or heterosexual
attractions that weren't natural or right for those relationships), but also healing cancer, schizophrenia and
other mental disorders or addictions, and criminal ill disorders not curable by science.

Beside the spiritual forgiveness we can pray for and choose to heal our own mind body and spirit,
the COLLECTIVE prayer for GENERATIONAL healing to remove obstructions from unforgiven curses and conflicts
plays a MAJOR part in healing relations and community around us, even whole towns have been transformed by united prayers.

I find it hard to judge people if they have no understanding or knowledge of THIS
level of forgiveness and healing through prayers in Christ Jesus.

What I hope instead is to share this knowledge, including proof using medical research studies
as cited in HEALING by Francis MacNutt (edition 1999 or later) and advocated by Scott Peck
in Glimpses of the Devil where he, as a skeptic psychiatrist, changed his mind after observing
the healing effects of deliverance therapy on two schizophrenic patients too sick to comply
until after the demonic sickness was identified and removed first.

After we all have the same knowledge of spiritual healing, proven by medical science,
then I think it would be fair to judge the difference between people who have received
this healing and those who reject it or have not fully completed the process, so we can
learn the full impact that forgiveness and unforgiveness has on mind and body and relations with others.

www.christianhealingmin.org
www.healingisyours.com
www.ariseandshine.org

emilynghiem
Student

Post #25

Post by emilynghiem »

emilynghiem wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:14 pm

John 8
Dear @WeSee
And this is where we learn the real meaning of none being righteous save Christ Jesus.
By forgiving first, then we can correct whatever would otherwise cause us to stumble or sin.

What I also found is unfortunately many people, both skeptics AND Christian Believers,
do not know the difference it makes to go through deliverance and generational healing!
That is why lots of people, including Christians, do not "get" why reparative therapy
has actually helped many people to heal of abuses that cause unnatural homosexual or transgender
orientation that wasn't their natural self they were born with. Some people can and have changed
by spiritual healing. Not only in cases of sexual abuse that caused unnatural attractions (whether homosexual or heterosexual
attractions that weren't natural or right for those relationships), but also healing cancer, schizophrenia and
other mental disorders or addictions, and criminal ill disorders not curable by science.

Beside the spiritual forgiveness we can pray for and choose to heal our own mind body and spirit,
the COLLECTIVE prayer for GENERATIONAL healing to remove obstructions from unforgiven curses and conflicts
plays a MAJOR part in healing relations and community around us, even whole towns have been transformed by united prayers.

I find it hard to judge people if they have no understanding or knowledge of THIS

What I hope instead is to share this knowledge, including proof using medical research studies
as cited in HEALING by Francis MacNutt (edition 1999 or later) and advocated by Scott Peck
in Glimpses of the Devil where he, as a skeptic psychiatrist, changed his mind after observing
the healing effects of deliverance therapy on two schizophrenic patients too sick to comply

After we all have the same knowledge of spiritual healing, proven by medical science,
then I think it would be fair to judge the difference between people who have received
this healing and those who reject it or have not fully completed the process, so we can
learn the full impact that forgiveness and unforgiveness has on mind and body and relations with others.

www.healingisyours.com
www.ariseandshine.org

emilynghiem
Student

Post #26

Post by emilynghiem »

emilynghiem wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:15 pm

John 8
Dear @WeSee
By forgiving first, then we can correct whatever would otherwise cause us to stumble or sin.
This way, our path that isn't perfect, is made perfect in Christ Jesus.

www.healingisyours.com
www.ariseandshine.org

WeSee
Banned
Banned

Post #27

Post by WeSee »

John 8
Dear @WeSee

www.healingisyours.com
www.ariseandshine.org
The concept of "none being righteous save Christ Jesus" stems from Paul taking verses out of context from Psalm 53.

It is a concept that is alien to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. Not only is it alien to His gospel, He says things such as the following:
Matthew 9
12But when Jesus heard this, He said, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick. 13“But go and learn what this means: ‘I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,’ for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Luke 15
7“I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Clearly Jesus recognized that there were those who were righteous among the sinners.

emilynghiem
Student

Post #28

Post by emilynghiem »

WeSee wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:14 pm

John 8
Dear @WeSee

www.healingisyours.com
www.ariseandshine.org
The concept of "none being righteous save Christ Jesus" stems from Paul taking verses out of context from Psalm 53.

It is a concept that is alien to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. Not only is it alien to His gospel, He says things such as the following:
Matthew 9
12But when Jesus heard this, He said, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick. 13“But go and learn what this means: ‘I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,’ for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Luke 15
7“I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Clearly Jesus recognized that there were those who were righteous among the sinners.
Dear @WeSee
Yes and no. In one situation 99 persons may be righteous and need no repentance.
But that doesn't mean in all situations.

Only God/Jesus is perfect in EVERY situation unconditionally and inclusively.
For the rest of us, we are limited in our knowledge and perceptions, relations and interactions.
So that is relative for the rest of us.

Do you agree, for example, that we cannot possible "love all our neighbors equally"
because we will never meet all the people who are neighbors in Christ.
Only God/Jesus can know, love and understand every soul in humanity collectively.

So we are not going to be perfect in our love, but limited by our finite incarnations next to God and Jesus.

It is through Christ that God's love makes us perfect.
So that credit and glory goes to God through Christ and is
not about our doing or works, but God's purpose through us manifested in works that follow faith.

Our prayers are also righteous by receiving, following and uniting with God through Christ Jesus.

James 5:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

The part that is OURS is CHOOSING by free will to ask God's help with forgiveness and healing.
Then the prayers and works that follow come from God's will which we did not create
by our free will, but agree to receive and follow.

So yes, there is righteousness but it always comes through us
through Christ because it is God's love and God's will, not our own.

WeSee
Banned
Banned

Post #29

Post by WeSee »

emilynghiem wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:45 pm

John 8
Dear @WeSee

www.healingisyours.com
www.ariseandshine.org

Matthew 9

Luke 15

Dear @WeSee
Yes and no. In one situation 99 persons may be righteous and need no repentance.

For the rest of us, we are limited in our knowledge and perceptions, relations and interactions.

Do you agree, for example, that we cannot possible "love all our neighbors equally"
Only God/Jesus can know, love and understand every soul in humanity collectively.

So we are not going to be perfect in our love, but limited by our finite incarnations next to God and Jesus.

not about our doing or works, but God's purpose through us manifested in works that follow faith.

Our prayers are also righteous by receiving, following and uniting with God through Christ Jesus.

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

The part that is OURS is CHOOSING by free will to ask God's help with forgiveness and healing.
Then the prayers and works that follow come from God's will which we did not create

This is sophistry.

In the passage I cited from Matthew 9 Jesus clearly states that He "did not come to call the righteous".
Or as He also put it, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick". Jesus clearly views them as "righteous", as "healthy". Jesus only came to call the "sinners", the "sick". The "ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance" that Jesus refers to in Luke 15 would be among the "righteous", the "healthy" that He "did not come to call".

Why do you not believe Jesus?

emilynghiem
Student

Post #30

Post by emilynghiem »

WeSee wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:47 pm
emilynghiem wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:45 pm

John 8
Dear @WeSee

www.healingisyours.com
www.ariseandshine.org

Matthew 9

Luke 15

Dear @WeSee

This is sophistry.

In the passage I cited from Matthew 9 Jesus clearly states that He "did not come to call the righteous".
Or as He also put it, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick". Jesus clearly views them as "righteous", as "healthy". Jesus only came to call the "sinners", the "sick". The "ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance" that Jesus refers to in Luke 15 would be among the "righteous", the "healthy" that He "did not come to call".

Why do you not believe Jesus?
Dear @WeSee
I believe we are not saying conflicting things.
Yes people are righteous.
No, there is nobody PERFECT but Jesus/God incarnated in Jesus,
therefore nobody is "perfectly righteous" but Christ Jesus.

I don't think the Bible contradicts itself.
Whatever your explanation is for these verses,
I do not disagree.