if there is a three headed God why do Christians focus on Jesus?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

if there is a three headed God why do Christians focus on Jesus?

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

Christians claim God has three heads. Yet when it comes to obeying the heads they choose flesh.

God said dont eat pig. Why dont Christians obey?
Last edited by Avoice on Tue May 26, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am limiting my debates and discussions to those of the Abrahamic faiths. To Jews, Christians and Muslims.
Those who show themself to be atheist, agnostic or have a similar lack of belief lack the foundation I require. Those of the Abrahamic faiths share a common history from which they can draw on and build on.

I am not here to debate God's existance.
At most I will post a generic response to atheists and the like. Any other communication would be pointless and a waste of each other's time

Elijah John
Savant

Re: Christians can NOT atone for sins with any kind of sacrifice

Post #2

Post by Elijah John »

Avoice wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:25 am Christians can not atone for their sins with Jesus or anything else.
The church learned of the sin sacrifices from the Jews. The laws on sin sacrifices are written in the Hebrew Scriptures.

The laws of the sacrificial system are just that- laws. Christians have NO PROTECTION under the laws nor can they benefit from them. According to Christians the laws has been replaced and therefore do not acknowledge nor keep them. So they cant keep this one either. if the laws are abolished as they claim so went this one with the rest.
Will you formulate a question for debate out of this please? This is interesting, but right now the OP is a series of statements and observations, with no real question for debate. Please formulate a question for debate, so we don't have to move your topic to Random Ramblings.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Avoice
Guru

Re: if there is a three headed God why do Christians focus on Jesus?

Post #3

Post by Avoice »

i tried to delete this post because i accidently posted it twice. since i couldnt delete it i just rewrote the whole thing with a new topic.

Overcomer
Guru

Post #4

Post by Overcomer »

Avoice wrote:
Christians claim God has three heads.
No, we don't. The Trinity is defined as one God who exists in three persons. Once again, you are misrepresenting what Christians believe.

Avoice wrote:
Yet when it comes to obeying the heads they choose flesh.
No, we don't. Because God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are equal and identical in essence, attributes, purpose, etc., we regard each member of the Triune Godhead equally, meaning that we have the same awe and reverence for each.

Again, you are misrepresenting what Christians believe.

Avoice wrote:
We don't follow that law because it was intended only for the Israelites in their time. All the ceremonial laws about eating and clothing and making sacrifices, etc.were temporary, set out for those people in that environment at that point in history. Only God's moral laws remain unchanging and eternal. The 10 Commandments are as relevant today as they were when God gave them to Moses.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #5

Post by onewithhim »

Excellent question. If they are all equal, shouldn't trinitarians give the same treatment they give to Jesus also to the Father (and the Holy Spirit)? But the Father is all but ignored, and the Spirit gets a mention here and there. Strange, if they are all co-equal in power and glory and importance (not to mention feelings). The H.S. doesn't even have a name, and the Father has a name that everyone dismisses. The three are not treated equally at all.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #6

Post by brianbbs67 »

The bible I read doesn't have an expiration date on God's rules or instructions (Torah). God's law has been an everlasting covenant since the garden of Eden. Cain and Abel knew how to sacrifice to God. Noah knew which were clean animals. Yeshua(Jesus) never taught against God's law or taught it would end. "Lord, lord, have we not cast out demons and healed the sick in your name? Jesus: Get away from me you workers of lawlessness , I never knew you!" So, Avoice, your question doesn't apply. "As for me and my house, we will follow YHVH"

Elijah John
Savant

Post #7

Post by Elijah John »

Avoice wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:25 am Christians claim God has three heads. Yet when it comes to obeying the heads they choose flesh.

Modern Christians claim to believe in three co-equal persons in the Trinity, but for all practical purposes, Jesus gets all the attention, and all the glory.
How many hymns, for instance are devoted the Father compared to Jesus? Not nearly as many. How many litanies recited focusing on the Holy Spirit? None that I can think of.

Jesus gets the lion's share of the glory and attention. I doubt the real, historical Jesus wanted it this way.

But Jesus-worship has certainly eclipsed the worship of Yahweh in what has become the Christian religion. I doubt the Father intended this either.

Regarding the dietary laws, it seems Christians loosened or eliminated them when pitching the Gospel to pagans and Gentiles, the Nations.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #8

Post by onewithhim »

Elijah John wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:52 am
Avoice wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:25 am Christians claim God has three heads. Yet when it comes to obeying the heads they choose flesh.

Modern Christians claim to believe in three co-equal persons in the Trinity, but for all practical purposes, Jesus gets all the attention, and all the glory.
How many hymns, for instance are devoted the Father compared to Jesus? Not nearly as many. How many litanies recited focusing on the Holy Spirit? None that I can think of.

Jesus gets the lion's share of the glory and attention. I doubt the real, historical Jesus wanted it this way.

But Jesus-worship has certainly eclipsed the worship of Yahweh in what has become the Christian religion. I doubt the Father intended this either.

Regarding the dietary laws, it seems Christians loosened or eliminated them when pitching the Gospel to pagans and Gentiles, the Nations.
I don't see how to say I like this post, so I'll say it here. I agree that Jesus wouldn't have wanted it the way people worship him now, and neither would the Father want it the way self-named Christian churches are handling their worship of God.

As for the dietary laws, I thought they were let loose just as sacrifices were no longer needed when Jesus fulfilled the Law. I noticed that when Peter got visions of things formerly prohibited to eat, God said to eat. (Acts 10:9-16) He was mainly referring to the Gentiles being no longer prohibited from being called to join Jesus' disciples, but I figured that there was also a reference to being able to eat whatever God created. What do you think?

I know what you say about "Christians" eliminating certain standards that were important to worship of the true God is true, as they did concerning the celebration of pagan gods and all the trappings that went therewith (Saturnalia/Christmas; Astarte/Easter; Hallowed Eve/Halloween; and on and on).

Avoice
Guru

Post #9

Post by Avoice »

Overcomer wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:32 pm Avoice wrote:
Christians claim God has three heads.
No, we don't. The Trinity is defined as one God who exists in three persons. Once again, you are misrepresenting what Christians believe.

Avoice wrote:
Yet when it comes to obeying the heads they choose flesh.
No, we don't. Because God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are equal and identical in essence, attributes, purpose, etc., we regard each member of the Triune Godhead equally, meaning that we have the same awe and reverence for each.

Again, you are misrepresenting what Christians believe.

Avoice wrote:
We don't follow that law because it was intended only for the Israelites in their time. All the ceremonial laws about eating and clothing and making sacrifices, etc.were temporary, set out for those people in that environment at that point in history. Only God's moral laws remain unchanging and eternal. The 10 Commandments are as relevant today as they were when God gave them to Moses.

Avoice
Guru

Post #10

Post by Avoice »

its too bad you think all that stuff is no longer followed. remember that when the the time comes and you pull out your get away with sins card. you know...using jesus as a sacifice. you have no protection under the laws of the sacrificial system.