if there is a three headed God why do Christians focus on Jesus?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

if there is a three headed God why do Christians focus on Jesus?

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

Christians claim God has three heads. Yet when it comes to obeying the heads they choose flesh.

God said dont eat pig. Why dont Christians obey?
Last edited by Avoice on Tue May 26, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am limiting my debates and discussions to those of the Abrahamic faiths. To Jews, Christians and Muslims.
Those who show themself to be atheist, agnostic or have a similar lack of belief lack the foundation I require. Those of the Abrahamic faiths share a common history from which they can draw on and build on.

I am not here to debate God's existance.
At most I will post a generic response to atheists and the like. Any other communication would be pointless and a waste of each other's time

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Re: if there is a three headed God why do Christians focus on Jesus?

Post #11

Post by PinSeeker »

Avoice wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:25 am If there is a three headed God why do Christians focus on Jesus?Christians claim God has three heads.
Hmmmm... Well, the accuracy of your statement here depends on how you mean "three heads." There is only one God, Who exists in three distinct Persons. These three Persons make up the One Godhead, the triune Jehovah. So if you mean "three heads" in that sense, then what you say is accurate and true.
Avoice wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:25 am Yet when it comes to obeying the heads they choose flesh. If there is a three headed God why do Christians focus on Jesus?
Here again, the answer depends on what is meant in the question itself -- in this case, specifically what you mean by "focus." The answer is really kind of yes and no. We don't focus more on Jesus or any one Person of the triune Jehovah more than the other two in the sense above, that Jehovah is triune. But we do focus on Jesus in the sense that there is no way to the Father -- and we don't have the Holy Spirit -- unless we first believe in Jesus and thus approach the Father by going through Him. As Jesus Himself said, there is no way to the Father except through Himself (John 14:6).
Avoice wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:25 am God said dont eat pig. Why dont Christians obey?
The short answer for this is, because we are not bound anymore to obey the old ceremonial food laws, as everything is blessed to us now in Christ Jesus. The moral law still stands, but the civil and ceremonial laws of the Old Testament were in place only for Old Israel, the Israelites before Christ's coming. Think of the civil and ceremonial laws as "training wheels" (a tutor, or a guardian, as Paul puts in in Galatians 3) for the Israelites, who in their day were looking forward to the Real Thing (Jesus). Now, Jesus has come, so we are no longer in need of "training wheels" (a tutor, a guardian). The Law really always consisted of loving God and loving our neighbor, which Jesus says in Matthew 22:36-40 and Paul reiterates (in Galatians 5).

Grace and peace to you, voiceman.

Elijah John
Savant

Re: if there is a three headed God why do Christians focus on Jesus?

Post #12

Post by Elijah John »

Avoice wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:46 am its too bad you think all that stuff is no longer followed. remember that when the the time comes and you pull out your get away with sins card. you know...using jesus as a sacifice. you have no protection under the laws of the sacrificial system.
Where is the sacrificial system followed in modern Judaism? In fact, there are many anti-blood sacrifice passages in Hebrew Bible that indicate blood is not needed, nor is it desired by YHVH. Never was according to Maimonides, who indicated that blood sacrifice was only tolerated by YHVH as transitional.
The Prophets too, wrote against blood-sacrifice, as exemplified in this famous passage from Micah chapter 6:
How shall I come before Yahweh,
and bow myself before the exalted God?
Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
with calves a year old?
Will Yahweh be pleased with thousands of rams?
With tens of thousands of rivers of oil?
Shall I give my firstborn for my disobedience?
The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
He has shown you, O man, what is good.
What does Yahweh require of you, but to act justly,
to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?
It's true, that the Father does not need the blood of Jesus to give Himself permission to forgive, but neither did He, nor does He need the blood of animals. Jesus quoted the prophet Hosea, chapter 6:
For I desire mercy, and not sacrifice;
and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.