GOD has regrets? how can an omnipotent being regret something?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

shawnskin

GOD has regrets? how can an omnipotent being regret something?

Post #1

Post by shawnskin »

I get hung up right in genesis when after he creates us and we sin he regrets making us. (and all powerful being should not have regrets ) I believe there’s a God, Or more accurately something going on so far beyond our understanding that Other than a small glimpse our human minds are not capable of understanding it. our brains/egos would rather make something up and admit we don’t understand, come to believe that people Who think they know Gods will ,understand him ,and can speak for him ,are either delusional Or deceitful...I believe we have created God In our on image.and What is really going on iso much more amazing than we can ever imagine

William
Savant

Re: GOD has regrets? how can an omnipotent being regret something?

Post #31

Post by William »

Miles wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:17 pm
William wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:19 am
Miles wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:21 am
William wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:09 pm It is unreasonable to accept that a creator of this universe would have any regrets.
I would agree if that creator was infallible. Was he? If so, how do you know?
Observe Creation. You tell me.
Certainly. According to the Biblical scripture he made mistakes, hence he is fallible.
Yes but according to the evidence of the creation,[not the evidence of the bible account], if there is a creator, then do you think the universe [creation] shows us that the creator makes mistakes and is fallible?

Why do you refer to The Creator as 'he'?
Because shes don't have beards.

Why do you rely on religious imagery as being practical useful evidence in relation to who you therefore should think the creator would appear as?

Also, if you net-search "images for bearded ladies" you might be astounded how easily your statement is disproved...

The bible consists of a collection of authors who shared similar beliefs about the nature of The Creator.
I assume you're now taking about Jehovah.
The is one of the names used in the bible to denote The Creator.
??????????????
I meant to write "That is one of the names used in the bible to denote The Creator."

Miles
Savant

Post #32

Post by Miles »

William wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:55 pm
William wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:09 pm It is unreasonable to accept that a creator of this universe would have any regrets.
Certainly. According to the Biblical scripture he made mistakes, hence he is fallible.
Yes but according to the evidence of the creation,[not the evidence of the bible account], if there is a creator, then do you think the universe [creation] shows us that the creator makes mistakes and is fallible?
Sorry, but I don't know what such evidence would be.

Why do you rely on religious imagery as being practical useful evidence in relation to who you therefore should think the creator would appear as?
Got a better source?
Also, if you net-search "images for bearded ladies" you might be astounded how easily your statement is disproved...
Really! Are these bearded ladies you speak of presented as god? The guy in the pictures is.

William
Savant

Post #33

Post by William »

Miles wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:34 pm
William wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:55 pm
Sorry, but I don't know what such evidence would be.

Got a better source?
Really! Are these bearded ladies you speak of presented as god? The guy in the pictures is.

A process which helps one to strengthen [integrate] one's mind toward honesty.

you said
"Because shes don't have beards."

And I showed you were you could find evidence that was not the case.

As to better sources of god images, these can be source through a net-search. Bearing in mind of course, that personal preferences come into play. Your personal preferences seem obviously to lean toward the images you presented from the sources you got them from.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #34

Post by PinSeeker »

William wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:28 pm The interesting thing about stories that are inspired by concepts [in this case the concept of a Creator] is that they in turn inspire one to understand the story in terms that the story itself inspires.
Well, the interesting thing about any word given is that one either chooses to believe it, or one chooses to dismiss it as just a "story."

Grace and peace to all.

William
Savant

Post #35

Post by William »

[Replying to PinSeeker in post #35]

I specifically called it a story, not "just a story".

I am fully inspired to understand that all the stories in the bible are true accounts. of actual happenings.

William
Savant

Post #36

Post by William »

PinSeeker wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:57 pm
William wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:28 pm The interesting thing about stories that are inspired by concepts [in this case the concept of a Creator] is that they in turn inspire one to understand the story in terms that the story itself inspires.
Well, the interesting thing about any word given is that one either chooses to believe it, or one chooses to dismiss it as just a "story."

Grace and peace to all.
If you wish to see it that way then any story told can be true or false as the case may be.

All happenings are essentially stories

Belief becomes required only until any story one believes in remains unproven as in "unknown as to whether the story is true or false "

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #37

Post by The Nice Centurion »

"Perfect" is always subjective, never objective!
For a kid molester who rapes a kid it might be perfect sex, while the kid and his parents might think otherwise.

To believe in oblective perfection is foolish and leads nowhere if debated.
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #38

Post by 2timothy316 »

The Nice Centurion wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:10 pm "Perfect" is always subjective, never objective!
For a kid molester who rapes a kid it might be perfect sex, while the kid and his parents might think otherwise.

Almighty God sets what is perfect, not humans.

Miles
Savant

Post #39

Post by Miles »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:26 pm
The Nice Centurion wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:10 pm "Perfect" is always subjective, never objective!

Prove it. Cite your chapter and verse.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #40

Post by 2timothy316 »

Miles wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:07 am
2timothy316 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:26 pm

Prove it. Cite your chapter and verse.

“You must accordingly be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”​—Matt. 5:48.