Is Jesus a created being?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Is Jesus a created being?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Colossians 1:16-20 English Standard Version (ESV)
16 For by[a] him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. 19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.
https://biblehub.com/text/colossians/1-16.htm

So Jesus is uncreated yeah?
Last edited by Wootah on Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Re: Is Jesus a created being?

Post #21

Post by Wootah »

Wootah wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:01 pm [Replying to DavidLeon in post #11]

Did the heavens exist before Jesus?
DavidLeon - Did the heavens exist before Jesus?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

woodtick
Student

Post #22

Post by woodtick »

Last edited by woodtick on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GG93

Post #23

Post by GG93 »

It depends on which Christian demonition you ask :D
Godless Girl- Hott Female Atheist

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnAJvj ... d91rrsg6vQ

Tcg
Savant

Post #24

Post by Tcg »

Moderator Comment

Please review the Rules.

Please refrain from uncivil innuendos.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
GG93 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:22 pm It depends on which Christian demonition you ask :D

Sojournerofthearth
Apprentice

Post #25

Post by Sojournerofthearth »

[Replying to woodtick in post #22]
Good Evening Woodtick,

Concordant Literal Version:
Your throne, O Elohim, is for the eon and further; A scepter of equity is the scepter of Your kingdom. (italicized words are implied usually by the interpreter)

Psa 45:6  Thy throne,H3678 (canopied seat, as in the mercy seat) O God,H430 (Elohim, plural for God, as in The Father, as revealed by Christ and The word, Melchisedek) is (italicized words are implied usually by the interpreter) for ever H5769 (Eternity, time out of mind) and ever: H5703 (perpetuity) the sceptre H7626 (Rod usually used for ruling) of thy kingdom H4438 (Kingdom, dominion) is a right H4334 (justice, equity) sceptre.H7626 
45:6
אְ סִ כּ
ksa·k
throne-of·you
אֱ*הִ ים
aleim
Elohim
עלָ ם
oulm
eon
וָעֶד
u·od
and·futurity
שֵׁ בֶ ט
shbt
scepter-of
מִ ישֹׁ ר
mishr
equity
שֵׁ בֶ ט
shbt
scepter-of
מַ לְ כוּתֶ )
mlkuth·k
kingdom-of·you

I'm not Trinitrian. I was raised that way. I'm not Jewish. However, I am pretty familiar with the Bible, OT and NT. It's common, in fact, it is more likely to be done, that one would massage the scriptures to reflect their doctrinal beliefs. The bible does add in words, sometimes, to clarify because often articles and conjunctions, are not included in the text so they are added in, hopefully to help clarify but sometimes to redefine a text. Above are the KJV with Strong's numbers, The ISA with Hebrew and the Concordant Literal Version. None of them even imply the word given, but, bottom line, it's not in the Hebrew text, as I understand it. I'm no scholar. I might have missed something. ;)

Not to imply that Jewish publications might have any agenda to redefine prophecy... I'm not sure where the extra word comes from. I can't find it, myself.

However, the plural use of Elohim, is common throughout the OT. For instance, Isaiah 54:5: "For your Maker is your husband…" [Literally in the Hebrew : makers, husbands,] Notice that "makers" and "husbands" are plural. IOW, Thy Makers are thy Husbands. Let us make man in Our Image. Behold, the man is become as one of us. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

And there is a lot more... not to mention that no man has seen the Father at any time... but then, who did Moses see?..

Before Abraham was, I am.

Soj

Sojournerofthearth
Apprentice

Post #26

Post by Sojournerofthearth »

[Replying to GG93 in post #23]

not to impose on the moderators judgment... however
GG93 wrote:
It depends on which Christian denomination [sic] you ask :D
actually seems a valid assessment of who believes what about the origin of the Christ. Everyone reads the same book. Everyone comes to a different conclusion. Yet, it flies in the face of

Act 2:1  And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 

1Co 1:10  Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 

Php 3:16  Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

1Pe 3:8  Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: 

Clearly, none of that applies to the varied groups that call themselves Christian.

Soj

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #27

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

Wootah wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:25 am
Colossians 1:16-20 English Standard Version (ESV)
16 For by[a] him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. 19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.
https://biblehub.com/text/colossians/1-16.htm

So Jesus is uncreated yeah?
I missed the part in the scriptures you provided which suggests that Jesus was created..
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

Wootah
Savant

Post #28

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to We_Are_VENOM in post #27]

In this case we are using logic of contradiction to deduce that Jesus is uncreated.

If all things are created by X then X was not created.

eg: X1 was created by X, therefore, X1 cannot be X.

Therefore: All created things cannot be X.

There is a thread that asks when Jesus was created you might like to post in.

viewtopic.php?p=1018559#p1018559

Remember you have to explain that Jesus was created but also not contradict Colossians where it says all things were created by Jesus.

edit: I think we both agree Jesus is God (I read some of your other posts).

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #29

Post by Eloi »

If Christ had not been created, then he could not be "first in all things."

Col. 1:17 Also, he is before all other things, and by means of him all other things were made to exist, 18 and he is the head of the body, the congregation. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might become the one who is first in all things; 19 because God was pleased to have all fullness to dwell in him

Bible NEVER says Jesus was creator.

DavidLeon
Under Probation

Post #30

Post by DavidLeon »

Wootah wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:25 am
Wootah wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:01 pm [Replying to DavidLeon in post #11]

Did the heavens exist before Jesus?
DavidLeon - Did the heavens exist before Jesus?
No. Jehovah created Jesus, then Jesus, with Jehovah's holy spirit, created everything else. Including the heavens.

(Colossians 1:15; Revelation 1:1; 3:14)
I no longer post here