Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

earl
Scholar

Jesus Receives His Authority

Post #1

Post by earl »

Mt.28.18
Who on Earth has given their authority to Jesus?
Jesus is now entrusted with someone's power and authority who Jesus implies is on Earth.
Who is it?

Revelations won
Sage

Re: Jesus Receives His Authority

Post #11

Post by Revelations won »

Dear Earl,

You said in your OP:

"Mt.28.18
Jesus is now entrusted with someone's power and authority who Jesus implies is on Earth.

Who is it?”

Matthew 28: 17And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

You should so duly observe that Christ merely stated that ALL POWER WAS GIVEN UNTO ME IN HEAVEN AND IN EARTH.

Could this have happened on the mount when he was transfigured before Peter, James and John? Does it really matter whether ALL POWER was given to him either in heaven or on the earth?

Or was this done after his resurrection?

It might be interesting to observe that this refutes the “Trinity Doctrine”, because he obviously did not have “ALL POWER” UNTIL IT WAS GIVEN TO HIM BY GOD THE FATHER, Who is the only one who could bestow such power.

Kind regards,
RW

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Re: Jesus Receives His Authority

Post #12

Post by Checkpoint »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:00 pm Dear Earl,

You said in your OP:

"Mt.28.18

Who is it?”

Matthew 28: 17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

You should so duly observe that Christ merely stated that ALL POWER WAS GIVEN UNTO ME IN HEAVEN AND IN EARTH.

Could this have happened on the mount when he was transfigured before Peter, James and John? Does it really matter whether ALL POWER was given to him either in heaven or on the earth?

Or was this done after his resurrection?

It might be interesting to observe that this refutes the “Trinity Doctrine”, because he obviously did not have “ALL POWER” UNTIL IT WAS GIVEN TO HIM BY GOD THE FATHER, Who is the only one who could bestow such power.

Kind regards,
RW
I think it is obvious that he was given, by God the Father, "all power, or authority, not at his transfiguration, but after his resurrection.

For what purpose was he so given?

"Go therefore", he told us, "and make disciples from all nations".

That is what this power/authority was for; see this about the Greek word used:

HELPS Word-studies

1849 eksousía (from 1537 /ek, "out from," which intensifies 1510 /eimí, "to be, being as a right or privilege") – authority, conferred power; delegated empowerment ("authorization"), operating in a designated jurisdiction.

In the NT, 1849 /eksousía ("delegated power") refers to the authority God gives to His saints – authorizing them to act to the extent they are guided by faith (His revealed word).