Who Started That Lie You have a Free Will?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #1

Post by jimtatertayte »

Name anything, just one thing, that you think, say or do
that is not determined by something else other than you?

Miles
Savant

Re: Who Started That Lie You have a Free Will?

Post #2

Post by Miles »

Q. Name anything, just one thing, that you think, say or do

A. Are you sure that's the question you want to ask?

Q. Who Started That Lie You have a Free Will?

A. It was started by Christians in order to maintain their concept of, and belief in, sin and salvation. ;)

Actually, its origins can be traced back to Plato and Aristotle

Last edited by Miles on Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

IAMinyou
Student

Post #3

Post by IAMinyou »

jimtatertayte wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:15 pm Name anything, just one thing, that you think, say or do

Our CREATOR started that lie through HIS temporary thoughts known as Satan.

Miles
Savant

Post #4

Post by Miles »

IAMinyou wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:07 am
jimtatertayte wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:15 pm Name anything, just one thing, that you think, say or do

Are you saying that Satan had control over god, and that Satan IS god?

IAMinyou
Student

Post #5

Post by IAMinyou »

Miles wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 am

Read this;

John 1
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: He was in the beginning with God;
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
4: In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

Colossians 1:
15: He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;
16: for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities – all things were created through him and for him.
17: He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought;

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

Psalm 33
4: For the word of the LORD is upright; and all his work is done in faithfulness.
5: He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD.
6: By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, and all their host by the breath of his mouth.
7: He gathered the waters of the sea as in a bottle; he put the deeps in storehouses.
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
9: For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth.
10: The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to naught; he frustrates the plans of the peoples.
11: The counsel of the LORD stands for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
12: Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!
13: The LORD looks down from heaven, he sees all the sons of men;
14: from where he sits enthroned he looks forth on all the inhabitants of the earth,
15: he who fashions the hearts of them all, and observes all their deeds.
16: A king is not saved by his great army; a warrior is not delivered by his great strength.
17: The war horse is a vain hope for victory, and by its great might it cannot save.

The INVISIBLE Lord, the Word of God is the source of everything that created MEN ( male and female ) experience within their CREATED MINDS.

Miles
Savant

Post #6

Post by Miles »

IAMinyou wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:56 am

Read this;

John 1
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.

Colossians 1:
16: for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities – all things were created through him and for him.

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought;

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

Psalm 33
4: For the word of the LORD is upright; and all his work is done in faithfulness.
5: He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD.
6: By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, and all their host by the breath of his mouth.
7: He gathered the waters of the sea as in a bottle; he put the deeps in storehouses.
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
10: The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to naught; he frustrates the plans of the peoples.
11: The counsel of the LORD stands for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
12: Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!
14: from where he sits enthroned he looks forth on all the inhabitants of the earth,
16: A king is not saved by his great army; a warrior is not delivered by his great strength.
17: The war horse is a vain hope for victory, and by its great might it cannot save.

The INVISIBLE Lord, the Word of God is the source of everything that created MEN ( male and female ) experience within their CREATED MINDS.

So, what are you attempting to say here?

That the "Word who was with God" was Satan?

That the He who "is the image of the invisible God" is Satan?

That this "INVISIBLE Lord, the Word of God is the source of everything that created MEN ( male and female ) experience within their CREATED MINDS." is Satan?

If not then what the heck are you talking about?

IAMinyou
Student

Post #7

Post by IAMinyou »

Miles wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:40 pm
IAMinyou wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:56 am

Read this;

John 1

Colossians 1:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

Psalm 33

So, what are you attempting to say here?

That the "Word who was with God" was Satan?

That the He who "is the image of the invisible God" is Satan?

That this "INVISIBLE Lord, the Word of God is the source of everything that created MEN ( male and female ) experience within their CREATED MINDS." is Satan?

If not then what the heck are you talking about?

Those words simply show that our CREATOR is to blame for everything that MAN experiences. MAN does not have any free will to wake up wherever he wants on Earth or what family he wanted to wake up with or what color of skin he will have or what he would learn as he grows up. All this was programmed by our CREATOR for each MAN ( male and female ).

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #8

Post by jimtatertayte »

No one has yet to defeat this word.

Avoice
Guru

Post #9

Post by Avoice »

Sure you have free will. To do good or do evil. Hopefully you choose to do good. But it's your choice. Of course it's based on something. Otherwise you wouldn't know the difference

Yeah.. sure...I'm not robbing a bank. That's determined that I'll go to prison if I get caught. But I dont want to take what doesn't belong to me.

I'm not passing the cop on the road at 100 mph because I know I'll get a ticket or arrested. But wouldn't do it if the cop wasn't there because it's dangerous. Of course it's based on something.

But I gave free will. I could try to rob a bank. Who is to stop me? Only me. I choose not to do that.

But I could be evil and just not care about consequences or how it affects other people. But that would be wrong. That my choice. I have that free will.

Miles
Savant

Post #10

Post by Miles »

Avoice wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:06 am Sure you have free will. To do good or do evil. Hopefully you choose to do good. But it's your choice. Of course it's based on something. Otherwise you wouldn't know the difference

Yeah.. sure...I'm not robbing a bank. That's determined that I'll go to prison if I get caught. But I dont want to take what doesn't belong to me.

I'm not passing the cop on the road at 100 mph because I know I'll get a ticket or arrested. But wouldn't do it if the cop wasn't there because it's dangerous. Of course it's based on something.

But I gave free will. I could try to rob a bank. Who is to stop me? Only me. I choose not to do that.

But I could be evil and just not care about consequences or how it affects other people. But that would be wrong. That my choice. I have that free will.
Prove it.