Who Started That Lie Jesus Christ the Same Yesterday, and Today, and Forever?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #1

Post by jimtatertayte »

YESTERDAY:
Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies,
bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you,
and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

TODAY:
Revelation 2:23
And I will kill her children with death;
and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts:
and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Overcomer
Guru

Re: Who Started That Lie Jesus Christ the Same Yesterday, and Today, and Forever?

Post #2

Post by Overcomer »

I think you misunderstand what it means that God is the same today, yesterday and forever. It means that his character does not change.

However, he DOES deal differently with different people in different situations. It's imperative that we NOT confuse the constancy of his attributes with the differing manners in which he handles things on earth.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Re: Who Started That Lie Jesus Christ the Same Yesterday, and Today, and Forever?

Post #3

Post by jimtatertayte »

Overcomer wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:39 pm I think you misunderstand what it means that God is the same today, yesterday and forever. It means that his character does not change.

However, he DOES deal differently with different people in different situations. It's imperative that we NOT confuse the constancy of his attributes with the differing manners in which he handles things on earth.
The snake to Eve: I think you misunderstood what God means, you will not die if you eat it.