God Visited Original Sin Upon All Of Mankind Because . . .

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

God Visited Original Sin Upon All Of Mankind Because . . .

Post #1

Post by Miles »

. . . Because?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: God Visited Original Sin Upon All Of Mankind Because . . .

Post #2

Post by 2timothy316 »

Miles wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:29 pm .

. . . Because?

First, God didn't put sin on us, Adam put sin on us.
Second, the reason Adam did that was so that he could try to 'be like God to determine what was is good and bad' for himself. Which was a lie that was told to him by Satan. He didn't become like God, he died because he rebelled against the One that was keeping him alive. (Gen Chapter 3)

Miles
Savant

Post #3

Post by Miles »

2timothy316 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:44 pm

. . . Because?

You mean that Adam was aware that in eating the apple all those to follow on earth would be sinful? (That he knew what sin was?) Kind of doubtful wouldn't you say. And if he wasn't aware then he can hardly be blamed / held responsible could he? Or do you hold lakes responsible for drowning people, or blame cliffs for people jumping off of them, or blame babies for not finding food for themselves?

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #4

Post by jimtatertayte »

. . . Because?

To purge the darkness
from within all existence of life.

The new heaven and the new earth or as
from whence I come from call it "the third creation"
will be the light of God, for He will be the light of it.

Therefore all things work for the purpose of them
that love God.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #5

Post by 2timothy316 »

Miles wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:53 pm

. . . Because?

You mean that Adam was aware that in eating the apple all those to follow on earth would be sinful? (That he knew what sin was?) Kind of doubtful wouldn't you say.

According to the Bible "Adam was not deceived." - 1 Tim 2:14. He knew what would happen if he rebelled. In the Bible, they didn't feel the weight of their wrong doing until Adam ate not eve. (Gen 3:6-7) Only after Adam ate did both feel the effects of sinning against God. Genesis 3:17 says that Adam was more interested in listening to his wife than God. Adam even tried to blame Jehovah saying that He had given him a defective wife. (Gen 3:12) Yet according to 1 Tim 2:14 he didn't fool Jehovah. He knew what what was in Adam's heart.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #6

Post by jimtatertayte »

Isn't that beautiful, even evil works for the good of them that love God
Now that is what I call poetic justice.

I love God more than any in Spirit and truth
of all flesh and blood upon the face of the whole earth
at this present point in time.

And I accept all challenges against it.

Miles
Savant

Post #7

Post by Miles »

2timothy316 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:14 pm
Miles wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:53 pm

. . . Because?

You mean that Adam was aware that in eating the apple all those to follow on earth would be sinful? (That he knew what sin was?) Kind of doubtful wouldn't you say.

According to the Bible "Adam was not deceived." - 1 Tim 2:14. He knew what would happen if he rebelled. In the Bible, they didn't feel the weight of their wrong doing until Adam ate not eve. (Gen 3:6-7) Only after Adam ate did both feel the effects of sinning against God. Genesis 3:17 says that Adam was more interested in listening to his wife than God. Adam even tried to blame Jehovah saying that He had given him a defective wife. (Gen 3:12) Yet according to 1 Tim 2:14 he didn't fool Jehovah. He knew what what was in Adam's heart.
Doesn't say a thing about Adam knowing anything.

Doesn't say a thing about feeling the weight of their wrong doing until Adam ate not eve. For all anyone knows it would have been sufficient that Eve alone eat the apple, OR that Adam eat the apple first.

1 Timothy 2
11 A woman should learn while listening quietly and being completely willing to obey. 12 I don’t allow a woman to teach a man or tell him what to do. She must listen quietly, 13 because Adam was made first. Eve was made later. 14 Also, Adam was not the one who was tricked.[a] It was the woman who was tricked and became a sinner. 15 But women will be saved in their work of having children. They will be saved if they continue to live in faith, love, and holiness with sensible behavior.

2timothy316 wrote:
Genesis 3:17 says that Adam was more interested in listening to his wife than God.
So what?

2timothy316 wrote:
Yet according to 1 Tim 2:14 he didn't fool Jehovah. He knew what what was in Adam's heart.
Adam even tried to blame Jehovah saying that He had given him a defective wife. (Gen 3:12)
In all the versions of Gen 3:12 I consulted it doesn't say a thing about Adam blaming god for giving him a "defective" or any other kind of flawed wife. What Bible version are you getting your information from?

2timothy316 wrote:
Yet according to 1 Tim 2:14 he didn't fool Jehovah. He knew what what was in Adam's heart.
It says nothing of the sort.

1 Tim 2:14

ERV

14 Also, Adam was not the one who was tricked.[a] It was the woman who was tricked and became a sinner.

KJV
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

AMP
and it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was led astray and fell into sin.

RSV
and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.

SO, all in all it doesn't look like Adam played any part whatsoever in god's decision to employ original sin as a punishment, but rather Eve. It was Eve who was "led astray and fell into sin," "was deceived and became a transgressor," or "was tricked and became a sinner." BUT that's all she was, a deceived, tricked, young woman, and it was god who decided to Visit Original Sin Upon All Of Mankind because of her mistake. He could just as well have not done so.

Last edited by Miles on Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #8

Post by Revelations won »

Hi everyone,

I think 2timothy316 brought out a good point that may be worth discussing.

"You mean that Adam was aware that in eating the apple all those to follow on earth would be sinful? (That he knew what sin was?) Kind of doubtful wouldn't you say."

By the way, could someone quote the scripture that says Adam rebelled against god? (Genesis 3:12) As I see it Adam was asked a direct question and he gave a direct and honest answer.

I would ask what would have happened if Adam had not partaken of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Also, I find no scripture that Adam claimed he was given a defective wife. That appears to be an unsupported assumption by some.

Does Adam,s choice deny anyone from receiving salvation, the resurrection and redemption from sin provided by the Savior?

If someone can give clear answers supported by scripture to the above 3 questions, let's hear it .

Kind regards,
RW

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #9

Post by 2timothy316 »

[Replying to Miles in post #7]

If that is how you want to spin it. Yet it is not harmonious with the rest of the Bible.

The Bible says that Adam is pinned with the state we are in today. "“through one man [Adam] sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned.” We were all born from the sinner Adam into this defective, sinful condition.—Rom. 5:12,
In all the versions of Gen 3:12 I consulted it doesn't say a thing about Adam blaming god for giving him a "defective" or any other kind of flawed wife. What Bible version are you getting your information from?
"The man said: “The woman whom you gave to be with me." So much for "flesh of my flesh" praise Adam give the first time he met Eve. Now it was this woman you gave me. Perhaps you don't see the insult. So I'll give an example. You've worked a a certain company for years so you know all the rules and policies. You're a good employee. Your supervisor hires a new person. That new person talks to you about stealing something from the company that you had thought about talking but knew it was wrong. Then that new hire comes to you with one of the stolen items and gives you one. You gladly take it and put the stolen item in your pocket. When you're both caught, you say to your supervisor, "it's your fault, you hired them! I was just going along with the person you hired!" Are you really fooling anyone when you KNOW what the rules are?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #10

Post by 2timothy316 »

Revelations won wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:55 pm Hi everyone,

I think 2timothy316 brought out a good point that may be worth discussing.

"You mean that Adam was aware that in eating the apple all those to follow on earth would be sinful? (That he knew what sin was?) Kind of doubtful wouldn't you say."

By the way, could someone quote the scripture that says Adam rebelled against god? (Genesis 3:12) As I see it Adam was asked a direct question and he gave a direct and honest answer.
"Jehovah God also gave this command to the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.” - Gen 2:16
"He began eating it." - Gen 3:6

There were no words exchanged to denote Adam's rebellion. Much like if you tell a rebellious child "don't you dare throw that ball in the house!" Then they look directly at you and throw a ball anyway. An onlooker would need no words to be exchanged to note the child's rebellion.
I would ask what would have happened if Adam had not partaken of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
The best Bible educated guess from me would be that if Adam rejected the fruit then only Eve would have been stuck with the consequences of sin. By rejecting the fruit he would have stood on Jehovah God's side and kept His commandment.
Also, I find no scripture that Adam claimed he was given a defective wife. That appears to be an unsupported assumption by some.
Adam blamed his wife for his misdeed and then says it was God who gave him his wife so implying it's God's fault. See post 9 viewtopic.php?p=1022218#p1022218
Does Adam,s choice deny anyone from receiving salvation, the resurrection and redemption from sin provided by the Savior?
No. Only a person's personal choices can do that. Hebrews 10:26, 27 and James 1:14, 15.