Who Started That Lie You Are Saved?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #1

Post by jimtatertayte »

If God saves you, it will be for the lake of fire.

None of you are going to be on the new earth.
This includes all you reading this thread.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Re: Who Started That Lie You Are Saved?

Post #21

Post by PinSeeker »

jimtatertayte wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:56 pm I sure am glad you think that way. In fact let all my adversaries think as you.
Well, thanks for acknowledging my ability to think, Jim. You? Well maybe not so much... :) Grace and peace to you.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #22

Post by jimtatertayte »

PinSeeker wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:56 pm I sure am glad you think that way. In fact let all my adversaries think as you.
Well, thanks for acknowledging my ability to think, Jim. You? Well maybe not so much... :) Grace and peace to you.
Actually I was acknowledging My God for making all our adversaries
to waste their lives chasing the sins of the flesh. Bringing a delusion upon them to believe a lie.

Grace and peace to me the rewards for my love of God and to you the rewards
of spending your love for the game of golf.

Isn't God wonderful?

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #23

Post by PinSeeker »

jimtatertayte wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:12 pm Isn't God wonderful?
He is indeed. Let me ask you this, Jim. The fruit -- the outward evidence by which we know other Christians -- of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, right? Yes, right. Galatians 5:22-23. Yeah, so, I have yet to witness any of that from you. Why is that? Why do you display none of that? No need to answer, it's really a rhetorical question, and therefore something for you to ponder, and maybe to do a little self-examination on. Grace and peace to you.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #24

Post by jimtatertayte »

PinSeeker wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:20 pm
He is indeed. Let me ask you this, Jim. The fruit -- the outward evidence by which we know other Christians -- of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, right? Yes, right. Galatians 5:22-23. Yeah, so, I have yet to witness any of that from you. Why is that? Why do you display none of that? No need to answer, it's really a rhetorical question, and therefore something for you to ponder, and maybe to do a little self-examination on. Grace and peace to you.
Let's play for our souls and our lives...let's play for keeps.
Since you like to play games.

What do you say...do you have it in you to honor the words you post to me
with your own life and soul? Or is it just a bunch of worthless meaningless
silliness not worth it to you?

Do you accept my challenge?
Yes or no?

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #25

Post by PinSeeker »

jimtatertayte wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:29 pm Do you accept my challenge? Yes or no?
I challenge myself every day, Jim. In the sense, of course, in which Paul exhorts us to do so in 2 Corinthians 13:5 -- "Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves." -- as I said before. I suggest you do the same.

No, I do not accept your "challenge," as it would be folly -- in the sense that the word is used over and over again by the writer of Proverbs, and in your own words, a worthless game of the flesh -- to do so.

Grace and peace to you.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #26

Post by jimtatertayte »

PinSeeker wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:40 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:29 pm Do you accept my challenge? Yes or no?
I challenge myself every day, Jim. In the sense, of course, in which Paul exhorts us to said in 2 Corinthians 13:5 ("Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves."), as I said before. I suggest you do the same.

No, I do not accept your "challenge," as it would be folly -- in the sense that the word is used over and over again by the writer of Proverbs, and in your own words, a worthless game of the flesh -- to do so.

Grace and peace to you.
I told you that my name is not Jim. From this time forth every time you refer to me as Jim
a curse will come upon you for each and every time you refer to me as Jim and a blessing of God
will leave you. I knew you would not honor your own words your kind never do...
I just wanted it on record with God.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #27

Post by PinSeeker »

jimtatertayte wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:45 pm I told you that my name is not Jim.
Then why is your screen name Jim? This is a chat board, Jim, and we address each other by our chat board names.
jimtatertayte wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:45 pm From this time forth every time you refer to me as Jim a curse will come upon you for each and every time you refer to me as Jim and a blessing of God
will leave you.
LOL! Is this your eternal decree? :D
jimtatertayte wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:45 pm I knew you would not honor your own words your kind never do... I just wanted it on record with God.
Wow. You are most assuredly a colorful character, Jim. Grace and peace to you.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #28

Post by jimtatertayte »

Proverbs
Chapter 6
16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Are these things that I and God hate the fruit of our Spirit?
If not then what fruit are they from I and God?

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #29

Post by jimtatertayte »

The wrath of God is the fruit of what Spirit?

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #30

Post by jimtatertayte »

PinSeeker wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:39 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:10 pm Are you aware that your participation in that worthless game of the flesh is a sin? Just think, all that time you have wasted running around hitting a little ball you could have given it to God to which you owe everything. Have you ever stopped to think...what does He think about it?
HAHAHAHA!!! I actually have given it a lot of thought. Golf is not a worthless game, my friend. Some people do play it worthlessly, though, I'll give you that. But there are many life lessons in golf (and many other types of leisure). And it's actually very possible to praise God, and meditate on His precepts -- and be preached to, figuratively speaking -- while playing it. Grace and peace to you, Jim.
Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

When you are out there trying to hit a little ball into a hole with the least amount of attempts
in the name of the Lord Jesus, are you giving thanks to God and the Father by Him?

Are you sowing to the Spirit or the flesh?