How are we equal.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

aapatil@cox.net

How are we equal.

Post #1

Post by aapatil@cox.net »

We come in different sizes, shapes and colors. Yet we are equal, because, we have human life, and all human lives are equal because we are all created in the image of God. We must therefore have utmost respect for every human life and love and serve them unconditionally. The Sanskrit word, “namaste”, means, I bow down before the Divine
that is within you. When we become selfish and proud we reject God. When we reject God we loose respect for human life. This leads to injustice and evil in the world. Since the most priced and beautiful creation of God is human life, it is the first target evil attacks. Since human life begins through conjugal love, evil attacks it through the instrument of contraception. Contraception makes conjugal love sterile. Since love always aims to be fruitful, removal of this intent through contraception removes love from conjugal union and converts it to a selfish act. Furthermore, since contraception goes against conception of a new life, it goes against human life. This makes people numb when they destroy human embryos during IVF or kill their babies in the womb through abortion. It also increases divorce, because without true love it is difficult to sustain marriage. This creates a secular culture devoid of true love, leading to abortion, euthanasia and murder. It also creates a culture that makes human being commodities for sexual pleasure.
L

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Re: How are we equal.

Post #2

Post by Checkpoint »

aapatil@cox.net wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:47 pm We come in different sizes, shapes and colors. Yet we are equal, because, we have human life, and all human lives are equal because we are all created in the image of God. We must therefore have utmost respect for every human life and love and serve them unconditionally. The Sanskrit word, “namaste”, means, I bow down before the Divine
that is within you. When we become selfish and proud we reject God. When we reject God we loose respect for human life. This leads to injustice and evil in the world. Since the most priced and beautiful creation of God is human life, it is the first target evil attacks. Since human life begins through conjugal love, evil attacks it through the instrument of contraception. Contraception makes conjugal love sterile. Since love always aims to be fruitful, removal of this intent through contraception removes love from conjugal union and converts it to a selfish act. Furthermore, since contraception goes against conception of a new life, it goes against human life. This makes people numb when they destroy human embryos during IVF or kill their babies in the womb through abortion. It also increases divorce, because without true love it is difficult to sustain marriage. This creates a secular culture devoid of true love, leading to abortion, euthanasia and murder. It also creates a culture that makes human being commodities for sexual pleasure.
L
Hi, aapatil@cox.net, welcome to this sub-forum.

You will see I have replied to you on your other page.

This one is a duplicate made in error(by mistake, so easily; it could have been made by any of us).

Please therefore delete this copy. Thanks.

Menotu
Sage

Post #3

Post by Menotu »

aapatil@cox.net wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:47 pm We come in different sizes, shapes and colors. Yet we are equal, because, we have human life, and all human lives are equal because we are all created in the image of God. We must therefore have utmost respect for every human life and love and serve them unconditionally. The Sanskrit word, “namaste”, means, I bow down before the Divine
L
I suppose we're equal on the human level (aka we're human) and God loves us (if you believe in that) but not much more past that. As you said, we're different colors, sizes, etc. making us, be definition, different and thus, not equal.
I also don't agree being proud makes you reject God. God can be rejected for and by many reasons, as can the thought of God. I'd say, Christianity is ultimately selfish, in that Christians do what God says to do (or try to do what God says to do) in order to get to heaven, which is their reward. That's selfish if I've ever seen it. Sure sure some will say they want to get to heaven to worship God for eternity but the human brain can't grasp eternity and therefore, IMO, that statement is a veiled lie (conscious or not).
I don't believe contraception is evil either, as evil is something that can only be intellectually attributed to people, not inanimate objects, animals, weather, books, etc. How one uses something can be evil, but again, it's the person that's evil not the tool they use.
I'm not sure how contraception increases divorce (if that's what you're saying - maybe I misunderstood?)
Humans are sexual, there's no getting around it. Limiting sexuality and/or calling some of sexuality evil is erroneous IMO, as it denotes a misunderstanding of what human sexuality is. I think there's much more about human sexuality than we currently understand.
Again, these are all my opinions based on my experience over several decades.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by nobspeople »

L
We're not equal 100%. We have similarities, but none of us are equal to each other totally.
As far as 'creating a culture'.....I'm not sure I agree with your logic (if I follow it at all). We create the culture we want. And we, most cases, stay in the culture we want to stay within. Otherwise, we leave and seek out another culture or we sit where we are and complain about it (poor me!).
Have a great, potentially godless, day!