How are we equal.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

aapatil@cox.net

How are we equal.

Post #1

Post by aapatil@cox.net »

We come in different sizes, shapes and colors. Yet we are equal, because, we have human life, and all human lives are equal because we are all created in the image of God. We must therefore have utmost respect for every human life and love and serve them unconditionally. The Sanskrit word, “namaste”, means, I bow down before the Divine
that is within you. When we become selfish and proud we reject God. When we reject God we loose respect for human life. This leads to injustice and evil in the world. Since the most priced and beautiful creation of God is human life, it is the first target evil attacks. Since human life begins through conjugal love, evil attacks it through the instrument of contraception. Contraception makes conjugal love sterile. Since love always aims to be fruitful, removal of this intent through contraception removes love from conjugal union and converts it to a selfish act. Furthermore, since contraception goes against conception of a new life, it goes against human life. This makes people numb when they destroy human embryos during IVF or kill their babies in the womb through abortion. It also increases divorce, because without true love it is difficult to sustain marriage. This creates a secular culture devoid of true love, leading to abortion, euthanasia and murder. It also creates a culture that makes human being commodities for sexual pleasure.
L

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Re: How are we equal.

Post #11

Post by PinSeeker »

nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm There's no real reason for me to validate my opinion
Right, so why you tried to do it is the question. No answer needed, though. I agree that there's no reason for you to try to validate your opinion. Agreed.
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pmUnless you know some secret that's evaded humanity for centuries and can prove, with facts, God is real, I'm all ears.
Well, it's only "evaded" some. :)
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm So YES, it's an opinion but a very good one that, to me, is a lot more likely to be true than not.
In... your opinion. Right? Yes, right. :)
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm Some believe in Xenu and have things they state as 'truth' as well. Doesn't mean anything other than they believe in something as truth. Christians aren't different in that regard. And while I don't know ALL religions that have existed throughout history, I suspect that holds true for most of them as well.
Like everything else, there is an objective truth given, and then various groups come up with their own twists regarding that truth that are fabrications of that truth. And yes, that does hold true for all other "religions." Even the "unreligious" religion. :)
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm
we have an objective source that gives us the truth
No. You have an objective source that provides you HOPE that you found the truth.
No, we -- we, including you and me and everyone else -- have an objective source. But the missing ingredient for some is that the Source of this source -- the Speaker of this Word -- has not, at least to this point given new life in the Spirit and opened his/her eyes to see and hear the truth therein.
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm If you have a solid, real source, you could demonstrate that beyond a shadow of doubt to everyone. Simple fact is, you can't.
Well, I do, and I can (demonstrate), but I can't convince, not because my powers of persuasion are weak (or strong) but because I can't change hearts. But, thanks be to God, with Him all things are possible.
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm Fact is, you believe you have the truth and have zero way of proving it.
Like I said, I do, I just can't make people accept it. Thank goodness that's not my job; my job is merely to proclaim. It's God's job to change hearts. So for me, that's very freeing. I don't have to be worried about saying "just the right thing," or failing to convince. It's not up to me.
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm Just don't expect others to agree with you...
I don't. God even told Moses that the Egyptians wouldn't believe him...
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm ...don't look down on those that don't agree with you...
I don't. But I do wish I could give them what I have... But again, that's God's job.
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm ...don't parade it around as truth (instead of opinion or belief) when you can't prove it...
Is this not a very hypocritical statement on your part? It is... of epic proportions.
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm ...and don't try to force your views on everyone else.
I don't. Whether you or anyone else is offended by hearing these "views" has nothing to do with me or anyone else "forcing their views" on anyone else.
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm by definition, different is the opposite of equal so I guess it's a matter of semantics.
LOL! Back to that again, huh... No, by definition, 'different' is the opposite of 'same.' My goodness.
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm I think it's you that's making my point.
Yes, you're welcome to "think" what you want. Sure.
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm when one is different from another, they can't be equal in the sense of sameness.
What??? LOL! That's exactly the point (that either you can't get or refuse to acknowledge): the concept of equality and the concept of sameness are very, very different concepts and should not be conflated. But many do, some even knowingly, in an effort to manipulate.
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm So I suppose it all comes down to how you define the word.
Well, and whether you actually stick to the dictionary and refrain from dreaming up your own "definition" to suit your narrative. Sure.
nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm I was talking about equality, not justice - you brought that up.
I did bring that up, but only because you didn't (and still don't, apparently) know what you're really getting at.

Okay, that's enough. Grace and peace to you.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Re: How are we equal.

Post #12

Post by PinSeeker »

Tcg wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:21 pm
PinSeeker wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:39 pm So none of this holds any water.
All of it holds water.
Nah, it's just a rant. Well, okay, it holds water as a rant. :)
Tcg wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:21 pm Classifying these facts as a rant is simply attempting to hand wave them away rather than present actual objections.
Well, I had just explained pretty thoroughly why all those "facts" you presented constitute a rant. To ignore that in an effort to make it go away and insinuate otherwise (as a waving away) is disingenuous at best.

Grace and peace to you.