Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

WWJD?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

What would Jesus drive?

Is there (or should there) be an environmental concern within Christianity? Why or why not?

While I get the rhetoric of 'my soul is all that matters' that's taught in many churches today, surely there should be some concern with the planet with live on and how we treat it while we're here?
Or no?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: WWJD?

Post #21

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benson wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:04 am To misquote John 21:16 from a cultic text will serve no purpose for Authentic Christians. Agreed?
Cultic text? So you're saying that the following are cultic texts?
Amplified Bible
Berean Study Bible
Berean Literal Bible
Darby Bible Translation
New American Standard Bible
NASB
Amplified Bible
Christian Standard Bible
Holman Christian Standard Bible
NET Bible
Weymouth New Testament
Aramaic Bible in Plain English

There is no chance that you're wrong about Jesus telling Peter to be a shepherd? Knowing that the word used from the oldest know copies of John's gospel is Poimaine which translates into shepherd. You're going to stick with the error? Ok.

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #22

Post by Benson »

Yes. They do not contain the authority of Textus Receptus.

Tell me, is Jesus God? Let's pray together about this. "Father, by your very Word, please reject all who deny the Divinity of Jesus Christ. Thank you and Amen."

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #23

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benson wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:20 am Yes. They do not contain the authority of Textus Receptus.
Jay P. Green's Literal Translation is recognized as a Textus Receptus Bible. It uses the word shepherd.
http://textusreceptusbibles.com/JPGreen/43/21

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #24

Post by nobspeople »

Benson wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:51 pm
nobspeople wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:35 pm What would Jesus drive?

Is there (or should there) be an environmental concern within Christianity? Why or why not?

While I get the rhetoric of 'my soul is all that matters' that's taught in many churches today, surely there should be some concern with the planet with live on and how we treat it while we're here?
Or no?
No person today can emulate Jesus. Such a notion is from the opinion of Paul.

Think, the well cared for sheep of Jesus' flock do not emulate Him, they do not become Shepherds. If you disagree, then tell us how you conform to Christ in your life here on Earth.
If Jesus was real and perfect, no one has meet that criteria.
That said, how does this pertain to any environmental concern (maybe I missed it?)?

William
Savant

Post #25

Post by William »

Double Post Deleted
Last edited by William on Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Savant

Post #26

Post by William »

William wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:08 pm
nobspeople wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:57 pm

Or no?

Think, the well cared for sheep of Jesus' flock do not emulate Him, they do not become Shepherds. If you disagree, then tell us how you conform to Christ in your life here on Earth.
That said, how does this pertain to any environmental concern (maybe I missed it?)?
Yet another puzzling display of 'True Christian' [self labeled] confusing biblical interpretations. "No person today can emulate Jesus" Such a notion is from - in this case - "Benson" [probably not their real-world name] but a secondary glance at biblical notions has us reading that Jesus said that we would do greater things than he. Let's see now..."Benson" or "Jesus" ... "Benson" or "Jesus" ...

Perhaps why Christians [numbered in their billions] have no interest in doing better than Jesus - is exactly why the environment is suffering so badly....they prefer Benson's interpretation...

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #27

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:11 pm

Or no?

Yet another puzzling display of 'True Christian' [self labeled] confusing biblical interpretations. "No person today can emulate Jesus" Such a notion is from - in this case - "Benson" [probably not their real-world name] but a secondary glance at biblical notions has us reading that Jesus said that we would do greater things than he. Let's see now..."Benson" or "Jesus" ... "Benson" or "Jesus" ...

Perhaps why Christians [numbered in their billions] have no interest in doing better than Jesus - is exactly why the environment is suffering so badly....they prefer Benson's interpretation...
I'm sure they may exist, but I haven't seen any environmental or like, Christian based group.
I guess they're more concerned with using up all of our resources and 'getting to heaven to party with Jesus' than polluted water, declining fish stock, trash along the roadways or the changing climate?

William
Savant

Post #28

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:24 pm

Or no?

I'm sure they may exist, but I haven't seen any environmental or like, Christian based group.
I guess they're more concerned with using up all of our resources and 'getting to heaven to party with Jesus' than polluted water, declining fish stock, trash along the roadways or the changing climate?
Which leads to the obvious conclusion that the systems that these billions of Christians support which create said world problems, are controlled by the very Christians who support said systems.
While at the same time the Christians are deceiving the world by claiming the systems doing this are 'the devils work'...while also claiming they are not siding with said devil.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #29

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Benson wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:20 am Yes. They do not contain the authority of Textus Receptus.

There is no problem at all with the Textus Receptus as in verse 16 employs the verb poimaino which in greek includes but is not limited to feeding.
http://textusreceptusbibles.com/Interlinear/43021016

source: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=IBM ... B5&f=false
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #30

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:38 pm
nobspeople wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:24 pm

Or no?

Which leads to the obvious conclusion that the systems that these billions of Christians support which create said world problems, are controlled by the very Christians who support said systems.
While at the same time the Christians are deceiving the world by claiming the systems doing this are 'the devils work'...while also claiming they are not siding with said devil.
If less people, Christian or other, would stop making such grandiose claims and focus that energy in to really making the world better, we'd all be in a better place in every way imaginable.
But alas, it's easier to sit in their god given warm houses, with their paid for heat (or AC), on their data stream, with an air of superiority with the occasional on-line set pontificating how much they know about everything - have all the answers - than actually DO something.