Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

'Christianity' Doesn't Believe...JESUS?

Post #1

Post by theQuestion »

Of course not, otherwise it wouldn't BE Christianity!
It's CHURCHianity (Mainstream Churches) that doesn't!

Consider~

Jesus said his father is the ONLY true God- Churchianity adds him and an imaginary, nameless Ghost.
Jesus said we should be no part of the world, and to seek first GOD'S kingdom: Churchianity has its people kill each other in wars, vote, and run for political office.
Jesus said the meek would inherit the Earth; Churchianity- the Earth will be destroyed, and they go to heaven.
Jesus COMMANDED his followers to preach the Good News; Clergy are paid to do that in Churchianity.
Jesus foretold a Day when the dead will be resurrected & judged; Churchianity says that happens when your BODY dies- YOU never die, since we are 'IMMORTAL souls' housed in these bodies...
Jesus said we must honor God's Name; Churchianity HIDES it, pretending its lost, often claiming its the name "Jesus".

And there's so much more: I've yet to find one thing they teach that's true- except that the Bible is God's Word- which is belied by the fact
they really don't BELIEVE it!
You MUST worship with spirit & TRUTH!- Jesus

bjs1
Sage

Re: 'Christianity' Doesn't Believe...JESUS?

Post #31

Post by bjs1 »

theQuestion wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:28 pm Well, my friend, its a simple fact that NO OTHER GROUP I know of honor's God's Name ( https://religionnews.com/2018/01/25/the ... nuscripts/ ) - even the few that deny the Catholic Trinity.

It doesn't mean we are better than anyone else; it just means we are more HONEST about God's Word, and that we TRY OUR BEST to obey the Command of our King....
Yes, I already understand that you believe that you are among the tiny minority of people who understand and are honest about God’s word. You have repeatedly stated in this thread that more than 99% of self-described Christians either incapable of understand the words in in the Bible or are, for some reason, dishonest about what they read.

What you have not yet done is address the question that I have asked in every one of my posts in this thread. That question is: Doesn’t this worry you? It seems exceedingly unlikely that such a vast majority would be either willfully dishonest or willfully ignorant about what the Bible says.

If I might add another question: If it doesn’t bother you, why not?

This seems like something that would really weigh upon me. If I were in a position of saying that my tiny group is more honest than everyone else and more than 99% of self-described Christians are less honest, then there would be a part of my brain insisting that this just isn’t realistic. It would be far, far more likely that a great number of these people were being entirely honest. Maintaining that they were all being dishonest would require at least some level of dishonesty on my part, and that would bother me.

So I will ask one more time: Does this bother you?

And I will add: If it doesn’t bother you, why doesn’t it?
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
-Charles Darwin

tam
Savant

Post #32

Post by tam »

Peace again to you,
theQuestion wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:55 pm [Replying to Tcg in post #30]

Yes, there is, Tammy.
But I am not trying to promote it- but to promote what the Bible Reallys says, as in your example.

Okay, but shouldn't a Christian care most for what Christ says? Put Him and His words first? Hold all things up to the Light (that is Christ)? I am sure you know that many religions claim their doctrines are 'what the bible really says', even when those doctrines and teachings directly contradict the word and command of Christ, as in the example from my previous post. (And of course Christ also said: "You diligently search the scriptures because you think by them that you have eternal life. These are the scriptures that testify to me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.").

So I posted what Christ - the Truth - said.

And if a religion contradicts the words and commands of Christ, is it really teaching its people to believe and obey Christ?

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by theQuestion »

[Replying to tam in post #33]

Why SHOULD it worry me?
Are you implying I should be a typical lemming and unthinkingly gulp down all of Churchianity's Drivel since MOST do?
Too bad you weren't there to correct Jesus!

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #34

Post by theQuestion »

tam wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:46 pm And if a religion contradicts the words and commands of Christ, is it really teaching its people to believe and obey Christ?
No- thus Churchianity is a Scam.
You YOU believe Jesus when he said that his father is the ONLY true God?
Or do you add him and a Nameless Ghost?

tam
Savant

Post #35

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
theQuestion wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:22 pm
tam wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:46 pm And if a religion contradicts the words and commands of Christ, is it really teaching its people to believe and obey Christ?
No-

Then perhaps you will keep the words of Christ (that I copied in my original post) in mind, and compare those to the words of a religion that teaches something different? But please do not misunderstand me, because I am not meaning to single out any one religion. All religions (including those that call themselves "Christianity") teach falsehood. All religions also teach some truth - for how else to mislead those who are seeking truth?

But none of them are the truth.

The Truth is not a religion. The Truth is a person: Christ (Jaheshua), the Son and Holy One of God (JAH).

Christ - a person - is the One to whom we are called, the One to whom God told us to listen, the One to whom we are to come and to obey.

Not religion.

You YOU believe Jesus when he said that his father is the ONLY true God? Or do you add him and a Nameless Ghost?
I believe Christ and His words (His Father is God "my God and your God" and that He - Christ - is the SON OF God).

No third person.
No trinity.

Peace again to you,
tammy

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #36

Post by theQuestion »

So then, Tammy- do you knoiw who the God of Jesus Christ IS?

tam
Savant

Post #37

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
theQuestion wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:55 pm So then, Tammy- do you knoiw who the God of Jesus Christ IS?

The God and Father of Christ is JAH(veh). Pronounced with the 'y' sound (the 'yodh' sound).

Psalm 68:4

"Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him."

See also Psalm 150:6

"Let every living breathing creature praise JAH."

Many prophets contain the name of God in their own names as well. ELIJAH for instance (meaning my God is JAH). As well Christ, who came in the Name of His Father: Jaheshua (JAH saves/savior of JAH)

And of course HalleluJAH - meaning praise JAH.

He is the MOST Holy One (of Israel).

Peace again to you,
tammy

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #38

Post by theQuestion »

tam
Savant

Post #39

Post by tam »

Peace again to you!
Which part was not true?

bjs1
Sage

Post #40

Post by bjs1 »

theQuestion wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:20 pm [Replying to tam in post #33]

Why SHOULD it worry me?
Are you implying I should be a typical lemming and unthinkingly gulp down all of Churchianity's Drivel since MOST do?
Too bad you weren't there to correct Jesus!
Clearly you are unable or unwilling to address my question. I have asked it repeatedly and you have sidestepped or ignored it every time. At this point expecting a response would be optimistic to the point of naivety. I will ask one last time. If you don’t address the question this time I will accept that you never will.

You have come to a wildly different conclusion than 99% of people who read the Bible. Excuses like, “They are just unthinking lemmings” or “You are trying to correct Jesus” are obviously false. These are honest, intelligent and thinking people. The fact that holding your position requires you to accuse such a massively overwhelming consensus of being dishonest or incapable of understanding written words should worry you. That accusation is not likely to be true.

Why does this not worry you?
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
-Charles Darwin