Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

'Christianity' Doesn't Believe...JESUS?

Post #1

Post by theQuestion »

Of course not, otherwise it wouldn't BE Christianity!
It's CHURCHianity (Mainstream Churches) that doesn't!

Consider~

Jesus said his father is the ONLY true God- Churchianity adds him and an imaginary, nameless Ghost.
Jesus said we should be no part of the world, and to seek first GOD'S kingdom: Churchianity has its people kill each other in wars, vote, and run for political office.
Jesus said the meek would inherit the Earth; Churchianity- the Earth will be destroyed, and they go to heaven.
Jesus COMMANDED his followers to preach the Good News; Clergy are paid to do that in Churchianity.
Jesus foretold a Day when the dead will be resurrected & judged; Churchianity says that happens when your BODY dies- YOU never die, since we are 'IMMORTAL souls' housed in these bodies...
Jesus said we must honor God's Name; Churchianity HIDES it, pretending its lost, often claiming its the name "Jesus".

And there's so much more: I've yet to find one thing they teach that's true- except that the Bible is God's Word- which is belied by the fact
they really don't BELIEVE it!
You MUST worship with spirit & TRUTH!- Jesus

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: 'Christianity' Doesn't Believe...JESUS?

Post #2

Post by nobspeople »

theQuestion wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:38 am Of course not, otherwise it wouldn't BE Christianity!
It's CHURCHianity (Mainstream Churches) that doesn't!

Consider~

Jesus said his father is the ONLY true God- Churchianity adds him and an imaginary, nameless Ghost.
Jesus said we should be no part of the world, and to seek first GOD'S kingdom: Churchianity has its people kill each other in wars, vote, and run for political office.
Jesus said the meek would inherit the Earth; Churchianity- the Earth will be destroyed, and they go to heaven.
Jesus COMMANDED his followers to preach the Good News; Clergy are paid to do that in Churchianity.
Jesus foretold a Day when the dead will be resurrected & judged; Churchianity says that happens when your BODY dies- YOU never die, since we are 'IMMORTAL souls' housed in these bodies...
Jesus said we must honor God's Name; Churchianity HIDES it, pretending its lost, often claiming its the name "Jesus".

And there's so much more: I've yet to find one thing they teach that's true- except that the Bible is God's Word- which is belied by the fact
they really don't BELIEVE it!
To me, Christianity is a human construct designed to incorporate specific beliefs while excluding others. In other words, it's a protected social club.
I remember to many times 'Christians' at certain churches I've attended acting like regular people (ie not Christians) while at church: gossiping about others, married people sleeping with other married (or single) people, acting like the worst sinners on the weekends, and on and on and on.
But that's judging I suppose. But I'm fine with that personally.
Modern Christianity is nothing more, in many cases (based off of my experience) than a glorified (pun intended) club.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by theQuestion »

Good description!

Overcomer
Guru

Post #4

Post by Overcomer »

If I may ask, Question, do you consider yourself a follower of Christ? If so, do you belong to a religious community and what is the name of that community? If you're not a follower of Christ, are you a theist at all?

I ask because if I can understand you better, then I might be able to respond better to what you state. It would help to know where you're coming from. Thanks!

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by theQuestion »

Sorry, Overcomer; I thought it rather obvious- since we JWs arethe only ones that honor God's Name and actually BELIEVE what Jesus said....

Revelations won
Sage

Post #6

Post by Revelations won »

Dear “the question” (JW)

Thank you for being candid on what you really believe. I commend you for your clear statements of belief. I find it interesting that most JW’s give a soft pedal pretense that would make most people believe that they are christians who accept Christ as their Savior and redeemer and the only name under heave whereby man may be saved.

I would suggest you carefully search the following scriptures regarding Christ as one who should also be worshiped next to the Father.

Having said that I would remind you that Christ always taught that we should worship God the Father. The Father and the Son are “one in purpose” . While both may properly worshiped, we must always remember that the ultimate worship was and is to God the Father. We should never forget that upon Christ’s completion of both his pre-mortal and post mortal callings that he would then receive a fulness of all that the Father hath.

Zechariah 14:16
And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

Matthew 2: 1Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Mark 7:6
He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Matthew 28:
And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

John 9:
Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Acts 17:
For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Hebrews 1:
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Revelation 4:
The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Revelation 5:
And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Revelation 14:
And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Kind regards,
RW

Miles
Savant

Post #7

Post by Miles »

theQuestion wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:57 pm Sorry, Overcomer; I thought it rather obvious- since we JWs are the only ones that honor God's Name and actually BELIEVE what Jesus said....
. . . .EXCEPT when he says things like

John 10:30 (NWT)
"I and the Father are one.”

Which is "hilarious!" and "The EXACT opposite of scripture!"

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #8

Post by 2timothy316 »

Miles wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:52 pm
theQuestion wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:57 pm Sorry, Overcomer; I thought it rather obvious- since we JWs are the only ones that honor God's Name and actually BELIEVE what Jesus said....
. . . .EXCEPT when he says things like

John 10:30 (NWT)
"I and the Father are one.”

Which is "hilarious!" and "The EXACT opposite of scripture!"

One what? God? In the later part of the same chapter your quoted it says, "Father is in union with me and I am in union with the Father.” John 10:38

Based that please explain the scripture below.

"So that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us." - John 17:21
Does this scripture mean all of Jesus' disciples were part of God? Or does it mean they all are one in thinking and working for a common goal?

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by Difflugia »

2timothy316 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:40 am
John 10:30 (NWT)"I and the Father are one.”
One what? God? In the later part of the same chapter your quoted it says, "Father is in union with me and I am in union with the Father.” John 10:38

"So that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us." - John 17:21
Does this scripture mean all of Jesus' disciples were part of God? Or does it mean they all are one in thinking and working for a common goal?
As an aside, this is funny in light of this post remarking on an added word that was "NOT there" in the original language. "In me is the Father and I am in the Father" is about as straightforward as it gets in Greek and most of the words are even English cognates. The extra words are just theological editorializing by the translators.
ἐν ἐμοὶ ὁ πατὴρ κἀγὼ ἐν τῷ πατρί
en emoi ("in me") ho patre ("the father") kago (contraction of kai ego, "and I") en to patri ("in the father")

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #10

Post by 2timothy316 »

Difflugia wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:59 am
2timothy316 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:40 am
John 10:30 (NWT)"I and the Father are one.”

As an aside, this is funny in light of this post remarking on an added word that was "NOT there" in the original language. "In me is the Father and I am in the Father" is about as straightforward as it gets in Greek and most of the words are even English cognates. The extra words are just theological editorializing by the translators.
ἐν ἐμοὶ ὁ πατὴρ κἀγὼ ἐν τῷ πατρί
en emoi ("in me") ho patre ("the father") kago (contraction of kai ego, "and I") en to patri ("in the father")
John 17:21 autoi (they) en hemin (in us).
So are the disciples part of God?