Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

'Christianity' Doesn't Believe...JESUS?

Post #1

Post by theQuestion »

Of course not, otherwise it wouldn't BE Christianity!
It's CHURCHianity (Mainstream Churches) that doesn't!

Consider~

Jesus said his father is the ONLY true God- Churchianity adds him and an imaginary, nameless Ghost.
Jesus said we should be no part of the world, and to seek first GOD'S kingdom: Churchianity has its people kill each other in wars, vote, and run for political office.
Jesus said the meek would inherit the Earth; Churchianity- the Earth will be destroyed, and they go to heaven.
Jesus COMMANDED his followers to preach the Good News; Clergy are paid to do that in Churchianity.
Jesus foretold a Day when the dead will be resurrected & judged; Churchianity says that happens when your BODY dies- YOU never die, since we are 'IMMORTAL souls' housed in these bodies...
Jesus said we must honor God's Name; Churchianity HIDES it, pretending its lost, often claiming its the name "Jesus".

And there's so much more: I've yet to find one thing they teach that's true- except that the Bible is God's Word- which is belied by the fact
they really don't BELIEVE it!
You MUST worship with spirit & TRUTH!- Jesus

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Re: 'Christianity' Doesn't Believe...JESUS?

Post #41

Post by theQuestion »

I am not judging them as to WHY they don't believe what Jesus said- just that they do, and that includes you.
If you can't take my honest assessment , I don't blame you.

But you accuse ME- and I can PROVE I do.

Can YOU?

bjs1
Sage

Post #42

Post by bjs1 »

theQuestion wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:51 pm I am not judging them as to WHY they don't believe what Jesus said- just that they do, and that includes you.
If you can't take my honest assessment , I don't blame you.

But you accuse ME- and I can PROVE I do.

Can YOU?
I accept that you will never answer my question. You have declared yourself wise in your own eyes and that you and your small sect alone have the truth. You have judged everyone who seeks God through the Bible but is not part of your tiny group to be dishonest. You have done this by saying that you are more honest. Since one cannot be more honest than simply being honest, the only way this is true is if you believe everyone who does not agree with you personally is dishonest. I do not understand this mindset, and clearly you will never address my questions. Go well.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
-Charles Darwin

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #43

Post by theQuestion »

[Replying to bjs1 in post #43]

Alas, using such 'logic' anyone not believing church drivel is dishonest.
yawn

bjs1
Sage

Post #44

Post by bjs1 »

theQuestion wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 am [Replying to bjs1 in post #43]

Alas, using such 'logic' anyone not believing church drivel is dishonest.
yawn
Obviously not what I said.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
-Charles Darwin

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #45

Post by theQuestion »

bjs1 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:44 pm
theQuestion wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 am Obviously not what I said.
As was your post about me.

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #46

Post by theQuestion »

Jesus said he was sent by the Supreme Being. God.

Do you believe him?

Revelations won
Sage

Post #47

Post by Revelations won »

Dear "the question",

I believe you have not responded to my post # 6. Sorry if I somehow overlooked your response. If you have responded please let me know your post #.

Kind regards,
RW

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #48

Post by theQuestion »

[Replying to Revelations won in post #48]

Looks like I missed it.
But am well aware of those references.
Any questions?

Revelations won
Sage

Post #49

Dear “the question”,

Thank you for admitting that you missed my post # 6. You acknowledged that you are aware of the scriptures which I posted. Your response never stated that you disagreed with me so am I to assume you agree with my post #6?

My position is very clear, but it appears that your position is lacking in clarity. Where do you really stand on these issues?

Kind regards,
RW

Revelations won
Sage

Post #50

Dear “the question”

I have inserted your OP post and will respond to it:

“Chrisianity’ Doesn’t Believe JESUS?

Of course not, otherwise it wouldn't BE Christianity!
It's CHURCHianity (Mainstream Churches) that doesn’t!

My response:

I admit that in many respects your above statement may be found in many respects an accurate assessment.

Consider~

Jesus said his father is the ONLY true God- Churchianity adds him and an imaginary, nameless Ghost.

My response: Could you kindly identify the scripture wherein you quote Jesus’s above statement?

You also state that “Churchianity” adds him (meaning Christ) and an imaginary nameless ghost.

Are you saying that you deny Jesus Christ’s divinity as the Son of God?

Are you also denying the existence of the Holy Ghost?

Are you denying that there are three who bear witness in heaven, namely God the Father, God the Son and the Holy Ghost?

Christ according to scripture testified That “ALL power was given him in heaven and earth”. Do you agree with Christ’s testimony and witness?

Consider the following:

Matthew 28:
Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Next you stated:

Jesus said we should be no part of the world, and to seek first GOD'S kingdom: Churchianity has its people kill each other in wars, vote, and run for political office.

My response: You may be quite correct in your above statement .

You next said:

Jesus said the meek would inherit the Earth; Churchianity- the Earth will be destroyed, and they go to heaven.

My response: I would say the more correct view is that the earth will not be destroyed, but that the wicked will be destroyed.

You not stated:

Jesus COMMANDED his followers to preach the Good News; Clergy are paid to do that in Churchianity.

My response: I agree with you for the most part as applied to “mainstream Christianity”.

You next said:

Jesus foretold a Day when the dead will be resurrected & judged; Churchianity says that happens when your BODY dies- YOU never die, since we are 'IMMORTAL souls' housed in these bodies…

My response: The above doctrine you claim is stated by mainstream christianity. Will you please quote from the original sources wherein this is stated as a creed or doctrine? Once I can review that then I can respond properly.

You next said:

Jesus said we must honor God's Name; Churchianity HIDES it, pretending its lost, often claiming its the name “Jesus”.

My response: Please identify chapter and verse you use in the above so that I may respond accordingly.

You next said:

And there's so much more: I've yet to find one thing they teach that's true- except that the Bible is God's Word- which is belied by the fact
they really don't BELIEVE it!

My response: In many respects you are correct in your observation.

————

Christ and the apostles also taught the following regarding the Holy Ghost:

Matthew 28:
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mark 12:
For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Luke 1:
And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Luke 1:
And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John 7:
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Acts 1:
And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 4:
And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?
Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,
If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;
Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 7:
And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?
Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,
If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;
Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 7:
Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Consider also the testimony of the faithful martyr Stephen:

But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

1 Corinthians 8:
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Do you agree or disagree with that taught in the above scriptures?

Kind regards,
RW