Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Unity Within Christendom

Post #1

Post by Benson »

As per your best recollection and understanding, give one Biblical tenet or doctrine which is universally accepted by those who name Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Satan has successfully polluted and corrupted all aspects of God's Work for human redemption. He has brought doubt, obscurity, and partial destruction upon:

1.) Extant Canonized Text and supporting apocrypha.
2.) The integrity of the human genome.
3.) The Testimony of God's created Biosphere and Cosmos.
4.) The Church as Christ's Body.
5.) The existence of a Spiritual Realm in human awareness.
6.) The immortality of the human Spirit.
7.) Man in the Image of God.
8.) God's Love, Mercy, Hope, Faithfulness.
9.) Knowledge of the Eternal Judgement.
10.) Romans 8:19 "Manifestations of the Sons of God."

After all millennia since Creation, every of these works by Satan are currently in place. This indicates there is little else for him to do. Christ is soon to return in the Catching Away.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Unity Within Christendom

Post #31

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Benson wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:48 am
Did you have something relevant to share?
Yes. Regarding

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:28 am
Benson wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:03 pm

1.) Gentiles are blocked from grasping the Hebrew oriented language Christ spoke unto the Jews.

The bible reports several gentiles conversing with Jesus and even speaks of him commending certain non Jews for their faith.
Not grasping the Hebrew language evidently did not serve as a barrier for Gentiles to accept Christ and understanding the good news then, nor should it today.

JW

Paul's ministry in Corinth (and elsewhere) with people who were undoubtedly unfamiliar with the Hebrew language and tradition demonstrates that neither fact was an impediment to them understanding the good news and accepting Christ.
You initially gave the impression that not speaking Hebrew meant gentiles could not embrasse Jesus as the Messiah, which is simply not true

The body of Christ does not exist divided along racial, linguistic, social, sexual or economic grounds. Gentile and Hebrew can stand on equal ground based on their faith in Jesus.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #32

Post by Benson »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:46 am
Benson wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:48 am
Did you have something relevant to share?
No
Yes. Regarding

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:28 am
Benson wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:03 pm

1.) Gentiles are blocked from grasping the Hebrew oriented language Christ spoke unto the Jews.

The bible reports several gentiles conversing with Jesus and even speaks of him commending certain non Jews for their faith.
Not grasping the Hebrew language evidently did not serve as a barrier for Gentiles to accept Christ and understanding the good news then, nor should it today.

JW

Paul's ministry in Corinth (and elsewhere) with people who were undoubtedly unfamiliar with the Hebrew language and tradition demonstrates that neither fact was an impediment to them understanding the good news and accepting Christ.
You initially gave the impression that not speaking Hebrew meant gentiles could not embrasse Jesus as the Messiah, which is simply not true

The body of Christ does not exist divided along racial, linguistic, social, sexual or economic grounds. Gentile and Hebrew can stand on equal ground based on their faith in Jesus.

JW
Is Jesus God?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #33

2timothy316 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:52 pm

I do praise God for His Word. Even all that Paul wrote as he was under the direction of Jesus Christ.
Indeed, I believe that much of the disunity we see in Christendom's churches is because some reject 13 of the 66 inspired books of the bible canon. How can anyone expect a complete picture of a book while cutting out and discarding a fifth of its content?

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #34

Post by Difflugia »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:11 amIndeed, I believe that much of the disunity we see in Christendom's churches is because some reject 13 of the 66 inspired books of the bible canon. How can anyone expect a complete picture of a book while cutting out and discarding a fifth of its content?
What about those wayward sects that reject 7 of the 73 inspired books (or perhaps more)? How much of the disunity are they responsible for? In the interest of unity, can we count on you at the next meeting to champion the inspiring spiritual lessons of 2 Maccabees or the fascinating, but little known history of the Bible as written in 2 Esdras/4 Ezra?

2 Esdras 14:38-48:
And it came to pass on the next day that, behold, a voice called me, saying, "Ezra, open your mouth, and drink what I give you to drink." Then opened I my mouth, and, behold, there was reached to me a full cup, which was full as it were with water, but the color of it was like fire. And I took it, and drank: and when I had drunk of it, my heart uttered understanding, and wisdom grew in my breast, for my spirit retained its memory: and my mouth was opened, and shut no more. The Most High gave understanding to the five men, and they wrote by course the things that were told them, in characters which they knew not, and they sat forty days: now they wrote in the day-time, and at night they ate bread. As for me, I spoke in the day, and by night I held not my tongue. So in forty days were written fourscore and fourteen books. And it came to pass, when the forty days were fulfilled, that the Most High spoke to me, saying, The first that you have written publish openly, and let the worthy and unworthy read it: but keep the seventy last, that you may deliver them to such as be wise among your people: for in them is the spring of understanding, the fountain of wisdom, and the stream of knowledge. And I did so.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #35

Difflugia wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:42 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:11 amIndeed, I believe that much of the disunity we see in Christendom's churches is because some reject 13 of the 66 inspired books of the bible canon. How can anyone expect a complete picture of a book while cutting out and discarding a fifth of its content?
What about those wayward sects that reject 7 of the 73 inspired books (or perhaps more)? How much of the disunity are they responsible for?
I don't believe there are 73 inspired books in the bible canon.

As for any sects that might agree with me, you will have to find someone in one and question them as to how they feel about the disunity in Christendom and whether they feel repsonsible for it. I cannot speak for anyone but myself as one of Jehovahs Witnesses.

JW

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #36

Post by Difflugia »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:08 pmI don't believe there are 73 inspired books in the bible canon.
How can you expect a complete picture of the Bible while cutting out and discarding a tenth of its content? You're literally decimating the Bible!
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #37

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:08 pmI don't believe there are 73 inspired books in the bible canon.
Difflugia wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:16 pm

How can you expect a complete picture of the Bible while cutting out and discarding a tenth of its content? You're literally decimating the Bible!
DECIMATE
kill, destroy, or remove a large proportion of.
What evidence do you have that accepting the original 66 books of the bible canon amounts to"cutting out", "discarding" or figuratively "decimating" the bible?

JW

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #38

Post by Difflugia »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:24 pm
DECIMATE
kill, destroy, or remove a large proportion of.
What evidence do you have that accepting the original 66 books of the bible canon amounts to"cutting out", "discarding" or figuratively "decimating" the bible?
Oh, dear. Did you forget to include an inconvenient part of the definition again?

Even more "literally" than the Roman practice, though, I was jokingly referring to the Latin decimare, the root of the English decimate. It literally means "to take a tenth of."

If you're going to be pedantic, you should first make sure that you're right.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #39

Difflugia wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:32 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:24 pmWhat evidence do you have that accepting the original 66 books of the bible canon amounts to"cutting out", "discarding" or figuratively "decimating" the bible?
Oh, dear. Did you
Did I what?

JW

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #40

Post by Difflugia »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:01 pm
Difflugia wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:32 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:24 pmWhat evidence do you have that accepting the original 66 books of the bible canon amounts to"cutting out", "discarding" or figuratively "decimating" the bible?
Oh, dear. Did you
Did I what?
Assuming you're not trolling me, maybe check your theme settings to see if links are invisible.

If you are trolling me, well played!