Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Let's Debate and Discuss Calvinism.

Post #1

Post by Benson »

The humanly contrived and horrific doctrine of John Calvin and his Reformed peers, including the Puritan Theologians of his day, displays their personal wasteland of religious thinking.

The TULIP acronym presents the lie that God created most people to have them in Hell for eternity. Calvinists claim The God of Hope and Love upon humans purposes to use His eternal damnation of souls as merely a contrast to illustrate His favor upon The Elect. As well, Calvin and the Reformists claim Scripture states God selects individuals for Salvation. Yet when pressed upon this, they admit individual Election is only a logical conclusion applied to the Text of Scripture which speaks of Corporate Election of The Church and Kingdom.

A statement by Calvin himself reveals the error of "Total Depravity," which specifies a complete lack of awareness of sin and of God. Calvin is recorded to have spoken "Amidst man's sinful and unregenerate state there are hardly a few shining sparks that are not utterly extinguished." Here, Calvin admits "Total Depravity" does not completely incapacitate human awareness and free will, and that they still have "shining sparks" of awareness. Otherwise, Calvin really struggled to make his heresy of "Total Depravity" stay in flight. He and fellow exegeters work their best through volumes of their own writings to shave and bend Scripture to their desire. They produce hundreds of volumes of systematic error, calling it "theology."

I cannot stop laughing. John 11:40-45 is the account of Lazarus being resurrected. "They saw Jesus [raise Lazarus] and believed in Him." Yet, Calvin and the Reformists claim "spiritual rebirth precedes belief." They ignore how the text here shows Belief in Jesus immediately after seeing Him raise Lazarus, whereby their belief preceded any spiritual rebirth. Their belief was the first thing to happen in their Salvation, not spiritual rebirth.

Calvinists know nothing about God's Love for people, nothing of His plan for Restoration of men, nothing of His Mercy upon sinners being far more important than Judgement, nothing upon upon completed Justification, nothing of His Love upon the World He created. Calvinists have no joy, no Communion with The Father, no humility unto His Word beyond worshipping their own exegesis of the Text. They are brothers with the Pharisees who worshipped The text of the Mosaic Law, "thinking in them [the words of books] they have life."

Tell us, would you want Calvinists teaching your children in Sunday School most all of them are going to Hell? Yes?

The silence to this Thread shows inability to give an answer to the contrary. "Father, Hallowed be your Name. Your Kingdom come, your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven, where Calvin's writings are not recorded. Amen, and Amen."

John Bauer
Apprentice

Re: Let's Debate and Discuss Calvinism.

Post #11

Post by John Bauer »

Benson wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:37 pm
Yes, you have won exactly what you desired. A continuation of self promoted words and ideas on false theology from Calvinists.

Matthew 7:13 from Christ is an easy place to see the error of Calvinism. There they deny the context and audience of what Jesus said. Paul in Acts 17:27 used the word "ara," meaning "perhaps/haply" to describe what Calvinists try do hard to identify as "Irresistible Grace." Ara has nothing to do with "Irresistible Grace through Unmerited Election because of Total Depravity." Ara is all about human choice. Jesus did not speak TULIP.

Please let me know. Do you or any Calvinists desire flattery? Yes? No? This is so good to see God's characterization of a froward human heart easily demonstrated.
Psychological projection, anyone?

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by Benson »

Did Jesus ever speak the components of Calvin's TULIP? Be a Strong Christian and answer with facts. Try not to be off topic with feelings.

Remember, God approves any gracious and truthful answer you can think of.

John Bauer
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by John Bauer »

(Replying to Benson in post #13)
Benson wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:02 am
Did Jesus ever speak the components of Calvin's TULIP?
You know he did. We are having this very conversation in another thread ("Calvinism Settled," January 26, 2021). You claimed that Jesus "never spoke of limited atonement."[1] I showed you that he very clearly did: "I lay down my life for the sheep," he said, and then he told some people, "You are not of my sheep" (John 10:15, 26, NKJV). He laid down his life for the sheep, which excluded those people who are not his sheep (i.e., the unbelieving goats). Ergo, limited atonement.

He also spoke of irresistible grace, as PinSeeker pointed out to you. "All that the Father gives me will come to me," Jesus said (John 6:37, NKJV; cf. John 10:29). Not can, not may, but will come.

Or how about total depravity: "Whoever commits sin is a slave of sin" (John 8:34, NKJV). And who commits sin? Everyone ("for there is no one who does not sin," 1 Kings 8:46; cf. Gal. 3:22). And that includes the whole person, right down to their thoughts and heart (Mark 7:21-23).

As Captain Rogers said, "I could do this all day."

_____

[1] The acronym TULIP stands for:
Total depravity,
Unconditional election,
Limited atonement,
Irresistible grace, and
Perseverance of the saints.

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by Benson »

John Bauer wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:26 pm (Replying to Benson in post #13)
Benson wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:02 am
Did Jesus ever speak the components of Calvin's TULIP?
You know he did. We are having this very conversation in another thread ("Calvinism Settled," January 26, 2021). You claimed that Jesus "never spoke of limited atonement."[1] I showed you that he very clearly did: "I lay down my life for the sheep," he said, and then he told some people, "You are not of my sheep" (John 10:15, 26, NKJV). He laid down his life for the sheep, which excluded those people who are not his sheep (i.e., the unbelieving goats). Ergo, limited atonement.

He also spoke of irresistible grace, as PinSeeker pointed out to you. "All that the Father gives me will come to me," Jesus said (John 6:37, NKJV; cf. John 10:29). Not can, not may, but will come.

Or how about total depravity: "Whoever commits sin is a slave of sin" (John 8:34, NKJV). And who commits sin? Everyone ("for there is no one who does not sin," 1 Kings 8:46; cf. Gal. 3:22). And that includes the whole person, right down to their thoughts and heart (Mark 7:21-23).

As Captain Rogers said, "I could do this all day."

_____

[1] The acronym TULIP stands for:
Total depravity,
Unconditional election,
Limited atonement,
Irresistible grace, and
Perseverance of the saints.
Yes, you do emulate Captain Rogers, and you do persist in the human folly of presumptuous thought.

Slavery to sin does not extinguish the light of sentience from Jesus He has shed upon the World. You speak against what He has done.

No Scripture speaks of individuals being "given to Christ," only of the corporate Body being given to Jesus. "They went out if us because they were not one of us." The Potter's Wheel speaks only of corporate Israel and of the corporate Body of Christ.

Think context. Christ said He laid down His life for the "sheep" in the flock of Israel, not for any Gentile sheep. Gentile sheep do not exist. There never has been a Gentile fock.

God will potentiate your error in order for Him to facilitate and display correction and possible judgement unto you, as you continue to deny the Love of God unto the World.