Did God Create and Predestinate Most Humans For Hell?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Did God Create and Predestinate Most Humans For Hell?

Post #1

Post by Benson »

Matthew 7:14 gives Jesus stating in The Sermon on the Mount to the Jews, "Narrow is the way that leads unto life, and few there be that find it."

Calvinism specifies all who enter the Kingdom of Heaven are individually elected and predestined to be the exclusive recipients of Christ's limited atonement for sin. Calvin and his adherents today therefore are saying, because of Christ's statement cited above, God created the vast majority of people with His intention to send them to Hell for eternity. They claim this is verified by declaring Salvation of "All" actually means "All who are elected by God."

Are Calvinists thereby adding their thoughts to the very Word of God by inserting that phrase, "who are elected by God?" If I say I am "submitting" this question, it means I am allowed to speak it by declaring it seems to be a good idea.

John Bauer
Apprentice

Re: Did God Create and Predestinate Most Humans For Hell?

Post #2

Post by John Bauer »

Benson wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:17 am
... Calvin and his adherents today therefore are saying, because of Christ's statement cited above, God created the vast majority of people with His intention to send them to Hell for eternity.
If you are going to claim that this is something Calvinists say, then please cite your sources where it can be verified they said this.
"Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called upon to act
in accordance with the dictates of reason."
— Oscar Wilde.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all
argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principle
is contempt prior to investigation."
— William Paley.

Miles
Savant

Post #3

Post by Miles »

Benson wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:17 am Matthew 7:14 gives Jesus stating in The Sermon on the Mount to the Jews, "Narrow is the way that leads unto life, and few there be that find it."

Calvinism specifies all who enter the Kingdom of Heaven are individually elected and predestined to be the exclusive recipients of Christ's limited atonement for sin. Calvin and his adherents today therefore are saying, because of Christ's statement cited above, God created the vast majority of people with His intention to send them to Hell for eternity. They claim this is verified by declaring Salvation of "All" actually means "All who are elected by God."

Are Calvinists thereby adding their thoughts to the very Word of God by inserting that phrase, "who are elected by God?" If I say I am "submitting" this question, it means I am allowed to speak it by declaring it seems to be a good idea.
In what verse does god use this particular "all," to which Calvinists are adding their "All who are elected by God?

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Benson »

Miles wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:21 am
Benson wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:17 am Matthew 7:14 gives Jesus stating in The Sermon on the Mount to the Jews, "Narrow is the way that leads unto life, and few there be that find it."

In what verse does god use this particular "all," to which Calvinists are adding their "All who are elected by God?

1 Tim. 2:4.

It does not speak well for Believers who serve The Lord to expect others to do their homework for them. There is nothing stopping you from finding this reference for yourself. If there is something stopping you, then repent and correct it.

Regards.

Miles
Savant

Post #5

Post by Miles »

Benson wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:33 am
Miles wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:21 am

1 Tim. 2:4.

It does not speak well for Believers who serve The Lord to expect others to do their homework for them.
You mean believers should never ask you to clarify yourself?

There is nothing stopping you from finding this reference for yourself.
Not if I know what the reference is. But that was the issue; I didn't know what the Biblical reference was.

If there is something stopping you, then repent and correct it.
Just what I did I do that I should repent? And what if I'm not the cause that's stopping me?

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Benson »

Should you search God's Word for answers, or do you expect me to search God's Word for you?

What is stopping you from finding God's Word upon any topic, regardless of how that topic has arisen, is your refusal to do a topical search in Scripture. Are Christians to be led around in conversations like little children? Yes?

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by PinSeeker »

[Replying to Benson in post #6]

Thank you for pointing out 1 Timothy 2:4. Don't you think every good Calvinist would reiterate exactly what Paul said, that God desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth? Well, sure they would. No Calvinist worth his salt denies that. However, we know that not everyone will be saved. We also know that God's purposes cannot be thwarted. And we know from Jesus Himself that all that the Father gives to Him will come to Him, and that the will of the Father is that He (Jesus) should lose nothing of all that God has given Him, but raise it up on the last day. So how -- how indeed -- do we reconcile all this, benson? You can, can't you?

Grace and peace to you.

Miles
Savant

Post #8

Post by Miles »

Benson wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:31 pm Should you search God's Word for answers, or do you expect me to search God's Word for you?

What is stopping you from finding God's Word upon any topic, regardless of how that topic has arisen, is your refusal to do a topical search in Scripture. Are Christians to be led around in conversations like little children? Yes?
Yeah, I pretty much figured I had you backed into a corner where you're unable to defend yourself. Maybe in the future you'll be able to stand up for what you say.

Have a good day

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Benson »

Miles wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:00 pm
Benson wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:31 pm Should you search God's Word for answers, or do you expect me to search God's Word for you?

Yeah, I pretty much figured I had you backed into a corner where you're unable to defend yourself. Maybe in the future you'll be able to stand up for what you say.

Have a good day

Lol. Have you been trained by someone to hold other people accountable for your questions? Sure looks like it.

Yes, there is false Gospel in the Scripture which is then identified as error. This is your answer in 101 terms. Please try to stop complaining, because doing so does not honor God. He has knowledge and assurance available if you search His Word and pray about it.

Sound good? Maybe?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #10

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Benson in post #1]

It is outrageous to accuse God of planning to send certain ones to "hell." The whole thing about "predestination" makes God a loveless fiend. He has honored his human creation with a conscience and with the ability to reason, taking responsibility for their actions. Otherwise he never would have said, "You must CHOOSE life in order for you to live." (Deuteronomy 30:19)