Did God Create and Predestinate Most Humans For Hell?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Did God Create and Predestinate Most Humans For Hell?

Post #1

Post by Benson »

Matthew 7:14 gives Jesus stating in The Sermon on the Mount to the Jews, "Narrow is the way that leads unto life, and few there be that find it."

Calvinism specifies all who enter the Kingdom of Heaven are individually elected and predestined to be the exclusive recipients of Christ's limited atonement for sin. Calvin and his adherents today therefore are saying, because of Christ's statement cited above, God created the vast majority of people with His intention to send them to Hell for eternity. They claim this is verified by declaring Salvation of "All" actually means "All who are elected by God."

Are Calvinists thereby adding their thoughts to the very Word of God by inserting that phrase, "who are elected by God?" If I say I am "submitting" this question, it means I am allowed to speak it by declaring it seems to be a good idea.

rstrats
Scholar

Re: Did God Create and Predestinate Most Humans For Hell?

Post #91

Post by rstrats »

[Replying to Purple Knight in post #89]

Does He have any input with regard to the creation of an individual? And if so, does He know before He creates the individual that He will eventually be casting the individual into the lake of fire? And if He does, why do you suppose He would go ahead and create the person anyway?

Revelations won
Sage

Re: Did God Create and Predestinate Most Humans For Hell?

Post #92

Post by Revelations won »

Calvin is indeed listed among the great reformers, but he is human and like the rest of us, we all can be prone to make mistakes. We should remember that Paul has said some things which may be hard to understand. And as the scriptures say “many wrest those statements to their own destruction”.

I quote a few great scriptures from those responding to the OP.

“Did God Create and Predestinate most Humans for Hell?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

1 Timothy 2:

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

First Timothy 2:4 and 2 Peter 3:9 tell us that God is not willing that any should perish, but desires that all should be saved:

1 Timothy 2:

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If God is not willing that any should perish, His "elect" would have to be all inclusive!

Thus "whosoever believeth."

But everyone will not necessarily be saved.

God will not force everlasting life on anyone.

Everlasting life or death is each person's individual choice:

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: (Deuteronomy 30:19)”

It should be clearly understood that while God is sovereign over all his creations, yet the eternal principle of “AGENCY” is in full play.

This eternal principle was in full force in heaven before the earth was created and has been in full force today.

God has given all mankind this eternal principle of “AGENCY” and all are therefore “AGENTS” unto themselves. We are to “ACT” and not to be acted upon.

We are free to choose good or evil. We can believe or disbelieve.

“I have only a precious little minute,
Only sixty seconds in it,
Didn’t seek it Didn’t choose it,
But must give account if I abuse it,
Just a tiny little minute.
But Eternity is in it”

Kind regards,
RW