Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Rev. 19:10 Testimony of Jesus.

Post #1

Post by Benson »

Here, "The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy" was spoken by an Angel to John after John had erroneously tried to worship the Angel. Oddly, John as the very close and Beloved Disciple of Christ, who wrote the largest part of Scripture by any of the Original Apostles, and who had Jesus now revealed to him, had difficulty misidentifying and mistakenly worshipping an angel, thinking the Angel was Divine.

If Apostle John with his first hand knowledge of Christ and with The Revelation had such difficulty identifying Divinity, how much more do Professional Theologians of today have difficulty knowing the Testimony of Jesus, which is The Gospel of Salvation, when they have no available Spirit of Prophecy to guide them? Paul stated in Ephesians 4:12-13 the Church will have Prophets, but Modern Professional Theologians deny the existence of modern Prophets, or of any current Spirit of Prophecy. Their avoidance and denial of any modern Church Prophecy would explain their Theological disunity in Christendom, their dependence upon exegetic effort, and their error of Limited Atonement.
Last edited by Benson on Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Benson
Banned
Banned

Re: Rev. 19:10 Testimony of Jesus.

Post #31

Post by Benson »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:30 am Testimony of Jesus

Hi Overcomer, William and Benson,

Overcomer wrote:

“Thus, The Church has taken on more of the role of mediator between "god and man" rather than stuck to the task Jesus assigned it...or...The Church as we have come to know it, is an imposter and usurper which has been tricking Christians since they started to stop being disciples and become Christians ... near the very beginning of all this cuffuffle .... coincidently around the same time as The Church started to take the reigns...
Do you happen to have a Roman Catholic background? I ask that because that is certainly what the RC Church has done and you are right to criticize it for doing so. In fact, I totally agree with you on the matter. You are bang on, William!”

My response to Overcomer and William:

From my observation It appears that both of you are right on target on this point.

Benson said:

“Re: Rev. 19:10 Testimony of Jesus.
Thanks
Post #18
Unread post
by Benson » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:46 pm
Search the Scriptures which speak of Jesus who said "I and the Father are one." He also said about Himself "Before Abraham I AM." The Jews who heard Him say this correctly understood Him to be saying He is God. "Emmanuel" means "God with us." Jesus forgave sins, and used healing to verify His Divine position and identity as God.”

My response to Benson: I also agree completely with Benson’s take on the above point.

To everyone I submit the following for your consideration:

Revelation 19:
And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

( We should remember the “wife” is a representation of the faithful church members)

And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

(The above verses very self explanatory in that the fine white linen represents the righteousness of the saints.)

And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

(In verse 10 we are taught many great things.

1 John in this case was being taught some very great gospel truths regarding the early church of Christ.

It would appear that this angel delivering the message was indeed a very glorious personage and that John appears to have thought that the angel may possibly been the Lord himself, since according to the record the glorious personage did not reveal his identity. I think it a very understandable thing for John, under the circumstance to fall down at the angel’s feet to worship this glorious messenger.

At this critical juncture both John and all of us are taught a most important and powerful lesson regarding the conduct of holy messengers. The angel immediately forbade john’s attempt to worship him. We observe that this experience that a true messenger from God must never deceive anyone by never allowing the person so visited to falsely worship the messenger.

2 The heavenly messenger immediately proceeded to identify himself as follows: “I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God”

In the process of identifying himself he showed John that he must properly direct his worship to God.

3 Isn’t it most fascinating for us to learn that at least some of the angels sent from God to us are actually, as the angel stated “I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus”
The angel in this case makes it very clear that he was once a mortal who was a faithful fellow servant who had the “testimony of Jesus”.

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

The apostle Paul gave a very clear statement upon what his testimony was clearly based as found in:

Galations 1:
But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

So we see that Paul’s testimony is therefore clearly based on “the spirit of prophecy” which is “the revelation of Jesus Christ”.

Many may believe or have a hope or faith in Jesus Christ which is good for starters, but these utterly pale in comparison to that higher divine principle of direct revelation that gives an individual that certain knowledge.

Kind regards,
RW
Not quite sure why you spoke so much here just to presume what you think "we see."

Lol. Do you have knowledge of God apart from that disclosed in The Bible?