William
Savant

The Truth. The Whole Truth. Nothing But the Truth

Post #1

Post by William »

The Trinity of The Truth.
The Truth as succinctly defined: "The quality or state of being true."

The Truth expanded definition:
Truth is the property of being in accord with fact or reality.[1] In everyday language, truth is typically ascribed to things that aim to represent reality or otherwise correspond to it, such as beliefs, propositions, and declarative sentences.[2]
Truth is usually held to be the opposite of falsehood. The concept of truth is discussed and debated in various contexts, including philosophy, art, theology, and science. Most human activities depend upon the concept, where its nature as a concept is assumed rather than being a subject of discussion;
As a concept, the idea of their being "The Whole Truth" actually existing - and contained by human theology in the bodies of their preferred gods - the body of The Christian god [idea] is that this is the place in which The Whole Truth is Contained.

Just as the physical Universe can be observed as a whole one could say the existence of the Universe is The Whole Truth (what else which can be seen, exists apart from it?)

In both cases, as far as our understanding of 'The Truth" goes, no truth is without its missing bits. No truth is whole. We know bits about the Universe and bits about the Christian god [the Christians call "God" to differentiate] .

In that, while we know truth about the Universe [because we see it exists] we don't know the Whole Truth about the Universe, and that is where the idea we are within a Simulated Universe comes to the fore, because we don't know that we are not.

In that, the idea that a creator must have created us and placed us within the simulator [obviously a Realty Simulator] enter "God" stage left...which started out as "enter gods" before humans began to realize that one creator should be sufficient to the argument.

Christians claim that their god, God, created this Reality and placed us within it. Christians claim that their god, God, sent his son Jesus into our reality to declare that he was "The Truth".

The Truth?

The Whole Truth?

And Nothing but The Truth?

What actual evidence do Christians give to The World which The World can see plainly that they are right about Jesus, and their god, God?

None. They say that The Truth has to be accepted on faith, because it is dealing with another Universe which this Universe reality experience was created through. [the one begat the other]

I think that this is a reasonable argument, but in saying so, admit that in the case of that, we are not presented with The Whole Truth, so cannot call it by that name, which is to say, we cannot just accept in faith that the god Christians call God, is The Whole Truth, given the evidence supporting that idea is too small to make the loftier heights as position of The Whole Truth.

As presented by Christianity:

Jesus may be The Truth.

Jesus may also be Only The Truth.

But Jesus cannot be The Whole Truth.

Can my argument here, be considered Truth?

William
Savant

Re: The Truth. The Whole Truth. Nothing But the Truth

Post #11

Post by William »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:33 am
"Your word is truth"

- Jesus Christ (John 17:17)
For Christians, religious truth (all that pertains to the realities regarding the True God and the worship if Him) is believed to be contained in the inspired word if God.

Obviously John thought otherwise, because the bible did not even exist when John wrote "your word is truth" so John must have be referring to something else being the "word" and that was more than likely those things which Jesus spoke of in private regarding The Fathers Kingdom. Things which incidentally, Christians have not included in their collective 'religious truth'.

It is no great piece of evidence that "For Christians, religious truth (all that pertains to the realities regarding the True God and the worship if Him) is believed to be contained in the inspired word of God." as Christians and their beliefs are fractured and faulty for that.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

William wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:28 pm
"Your word is truth"

For Christians, religious truth (all that pertains to the realities regarding the True God and the worship if Him) is believed to be contained in the inspired word if God.

Obviously John thought otherwise, because the bible did not even exist when John wrote "your word is truth" ....
Did I mention the word "bible"?
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Revelations won
Sage

Post #13

Post by Revelations won »

To all who have responded to the OP,

How and on what principle can we know the truth?

Deuteronomy 32:1
Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:
Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

What does the scripture refer to in the following verses:

Psalms 85:

Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven.

Psalms 117:1O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.
For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.

Observe here where the Lord chastises the children of Israel for their apostasy. Because of their iniquity they are blinded from the truth, mercy and knowledge of the Lord.

Might this also be the very problem faced by so many in our day also?

Hosea 4:1Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.
By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.

We should also observe that which is taught in:

John 1:
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

We should also observe what Christ said in John 8:
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

One might also ask, “On what principle may one know the truth of all things?”

Did Christ have all truth?

If you claim otherwise please prove otherwise from the scriptures.

Kind regards,
RW

William
Savant

Post #14

Post by William »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:40 pm
"Your word is truth"

Obviously John thought otherwise, because the bible did not even exist when John wrote "your word is truth" ....
You did not mention any book where these inspired words of "God" are "believed to be contained" but so what? Are you suggesting something else other than implying it was the bible you were referring to?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #15

William wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:54 pm
"Your word is truth"

You did not mention any book where these inspired words of "God" are "believed to be contained" but so what? Are you suggesting something else other than implying it was the bible you were referring to?

If Id had wanted to refer to the bible I would have said the word "bible" as it is I said "the inspired word [no "s"] of God" {end quote} . If you do not know what I was referring to, you are obviously in no position to argue against it.

JW

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

William
Savant

Post #16

Post by William »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:05 pm
William wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:54 pm
"Your word is truth"

Its best not to argue against a presumtion, if you do not know what I was referring to you are in no position to argue against it.

JW
What were you referring to, if it was not the bible then?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #17

William wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:08 pm
If you dont know then you cannot make a rebuttal can you. My point was clear enough; Here is the link
viewtopic.php?p=1031436#p1031436

If you believe there was anything I said that can be proven wrong feel free to point it out. I don't address strawmen arguments.

JW

William
Savant

Post #18

Post by William »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:10 pm
If you don't know then you cannot make a rebuttal can you.

No I cannot because you have not said.
My point was clear enough.
Apparently to you it was. It was not even a 'point' as far as that goes. It was just an unqualified statement...
Last edited by William on Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #19

William wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:14 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:10 pm
If you don't know then you cannot make a rebuttal can you.

No I cannot because you have not said.

Excellent, well then your point is moot. I generally try and know what the person means before I attempt to prove them wrong.

Try and have a good week anyway,

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Savant

Post #20

Post by William »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #20]
Excdllent, well then your point is moot.
Perhaps you can turn your attention to the thread topic...for I do not see what point you are making regarding that.