Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Today's Excellent Church.

Post #1

Post by Benson »

Acts 2 gives the narrative of how the Body of Christ His Church was brought into being by the coming of The Holy Spirit, according to Joel ch. 2 as cited by Apostle Peter.

Today, there are no features within modern Christendom which are a continuation of either Acts ch. 2, Joel ch. 2, The Jerusalem Messianic Church, or the Pauline Gentile Church.

This post remains very short because there is no other information in Scripture to authenticate the state of today's so called "Church." If one thinks the Church does exist today according to the foundation of the Apostles with Christ as the Cornerstone, tell us where on Earth it exists in the hearts of Men before God. No place in Paul's teaching says the Church is some intangibly perceived group of minds set upon faith in Christ.

RightReason
Under Probation

Re: Today's Excellent Church.

Post #41

Post by RightReason »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:55 pm
You got videos, I have videos.
Michael Lemoine Was Catholic and now a Jehovah's Witness.
https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#e ... 07_2_VIDEO
Yes, but I listened to yours. Will you listen to mine?

What you linked was full of false claims. It was based on emotional appeal, rather than logical or intellectual.

The first false anti-Catholic stereotype in the video was on repetitive prayers The man had a common misunderstanding of such. The Bible itself is full of repetitive prayer. Have you ever read the psalms? What person in love with someone does not repeatedly say, “I love you. I love you. I love you.” Such repetition flows from our hearts and ought. You misunderstand.

The second false stereotype was that Catholics don’t know their Bible. LOL! Bible reading is and always has been encouraged in the Catholic faith. Also, even if one doesn’t read the Bible on his own (even though there are numerous Bible study classes available in every given parish and worldwide at any time), the person would still get the entire Bible within 3 years by simply attending mass as Catholics do. The Catholic mass doesn’t pick and choose what Scripture it teaches. It teaches everything and leaves nothing out. Go to any other Christian based denomination and you will get what ever Pastor Pete or Minister Mike feels like preaching about.

And false stereotype #3 Catholic priests are bad or not helpful and JW’s really know their Bible. Uuum . . . sounds like the guy in this video did not have a very good priest (it happens) or he misunderstood the priest (more likely). The priest probably meant it is very difficult to get a JW out of JW because the group has a cult like hold on people. And because they have twisted the Bible and because they rely on emotion based community loyalty type feelings. Also, they are really anti-Catholic and push anti-Catholic propaganda. THAT is probably what the priest meant by his comments.

It is a shame the priest wasn’t more helpful and a shame the man didn’t know his faith well enough.

Sounds like he left the Catholic Church because he never knew what the Church actually teaches. This couple was a sitting duck for the false teachings of JW to itch their ears.

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #42

Post by Benson »

RightReason wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:22 am
Benson wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:06 am . . . rialist warfare, whose leader claims to be both the "Father" and "the vicar of Christ," which has plundered its people for untold billions of dollars, which has burned people at the stake for disagreements, which presumes to appoint kings, which operates the filthy and destructive Jesuit Order, which deifies Mary, which mixes occultism with the Name of Christ, which has a building shaped in the form of a serpent's head, which adorns it's church buildings with demonology and occult symbols, and which presumes to rule the physical world.

The Catholic Church is filth.
Ha, ha, ha . . . I think you have bought into some serious anti-Catholic propaganda. Many within the Church have done some terrible things, but regardless of fallible human beings (whom God always seems to use), Jesus promised He would remain with His Church. And so He has. As your post just above this one agrees, the Church continues to get it right on matters of faith. As it is Christ’s established Church, the Catholic Church (Peter was the first Pope) who has been entrusted to safeguard Truth. She cannot err in that sense. Of course, many that even God and Jesus Himself appointed screwed up big time, but that did not prevent God from giving ordinary human authority. “He who hears you, hears me . . . “

“And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
Let's talk about the stated mission of the Jesuits to infiltrate, subvert, and control all governments. Their black uniforms characterize their hearts. Evidently, with their blackness and filth they do represent the false Jesus you serve.

otseng
Savant

Post #43

Post by otseng »

Benson wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:49 pm Evidently, with their blackness and filth they do represent the false Jesus you serve.
:warning: Moderator Warning

This would be considered a personal attack and would be against the rules.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #44

Post by RightReason »

Benson wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:49 pm Let's talk about the stated mission of the Jesuits to infiltrate, subvert, and control all governments. Their black uniforms characterize their hearts. Evidently, with their blackness and filth they do represent the false Jesus you serve.
Ha, ha, ha . . . now it sounds like you’ve been reading too many Dan Brown novels. Conspiracy theories can be entertaining, but we probably shouldn’t let them get too much into our heads, lest we end up jumping to false conclusions and treating others unfairly.

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #45

Post by Benson »

RightReason wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:44 pm
Benson wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:49 pm Let's talk about the stated mission of the Jesuits to infiltrate, subvert, and control all governments. Their black uniforms characterize their hearts. Evidently, with their blackness and filth they do represent the false Jesus you serve.
Ha, ha, ha . . . now it sounds like you’ve been reading too many Dan Brown novels. Conspiracy theories can be entertaining, but we probably shouldn’t let them get too much into our heads, lest we end up jumping to false conclusions and treating others unfairly.
Have you read the philosophy and mission statement of the Jesuits? Yes? No? Afraid?

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #46

Post by RightReason »

Benson wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:49 pm Have you read the philosophy and mission statement of the Jesuits? Yes? No? Afraid?
Here’s what I found – sounds real sinister:

They are grounded in love for Christ and animated by the spiritual vision of their founder, St. Ignatius of Loyola, to help others and seek God in all things. As members of a worldwide society within the Catholic Church, the Jesuits are committed to the service of faith and the promotion of justice.

https://www.georgetown.edu/news/the-jes ... %20justice.

What are the Jesuit ideals?

Unity of heart, mind and soul: A kind heart, an open mind, and a strong purpose work together as a personal and communal triumvirate: all three are essential to becoming one's strongest self and to creating community.

https://www.creighton.edu/about/what-jesuit-education

Everywhere the Jesuits went, their mission remained the same: to seek the greater glory of God and the good of humanity.

https://www.slu.edu/about/catholic-jesu ... 20their,St

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #47

Post by Benson »

RightReason wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:27 pm
Benson wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:49 pm Have you read the philosophy and mission statement of the Jesuits? Yes? No? Afraid?

They are grounded in love for Christ and animated by the spiritual vision of their founder, St. Ignatius of Loyola, to help others and seek God in all things. As members of a worldwide society within the Catholic Church, the Jesuits are committed to the service of faith and the promotion of justice.

Unity of heart, mind and soul: A kind heart, an open mind, and a strong purpose work together as a personal and communal triumvirate: all three are essential to becoming one's strongest self and to creating community.

Everywhere the Jesuits went, their mission remained the same: to seek the greater glory of God and the good of humanity.

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #48

Post by Benson »

Benson wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:30 pm
RightReason wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:27 pm

In their own writings, they clearly state their never ending mission is to infiltrate and subvert all governments and institutions. They have been historically kicked out of all major nations as their filth has been uncovered.

Learn the facts.

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #49

Post by RightReason »

Benson wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:37 pm
In their own writings, they clearly state their never ending mission is to infiltrate and subvert all governments and institutions. They have been historically kicked out of all major nations as their filth has been uncovered.

Learn the facts.
Can I see these facts? Or do they exist only in your head?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #50

Post by 2timothy316 »

RightReason wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:42 pm
The first false anti-Catholic stereotype in the video was on repetitive prayers The man had a common misunderstanding of such. The Bible itself is full of repetitive prayer. Have you ever read the psalms? What person in love with someone does not repeatedly say, “I love you. I love you. I love you.” Such repetition flows from our hearts and ought. You misunderstand.
"When praying, do not say the same things over and over again as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words. So do not be like them. " - Matthew 6:7, 8

So I will not be like the Catholic nation because of what Jesus said.

Praying the same words in every prayer and telling someone you love them more than once is not same thing. I have not talked to a Catholic yet that even knows what the two sentences of the 'Lord's Prayer' chant they speak at every gathering even means. So much for things flowing from hearts.
The second false stereotype was that Catholics don’t know their Bible. LOL! Bible reading is and always has been encouraged in the Catholic faith. Also, even if one doesn’t read the Bible on his own (even though there are numerous Bible study classes available in every given parish and worldwide at any time), the person would still get the entire Bible within 3 years by simply attending mass as Catholics do. The Catholic mass doesn’t pick and choose what Scripture it teaches. It teaches everything and leaves nothing out. Go to any other Christian based denomination and you will get what ever Pastor Pete or Minister Mike feels like preaching about.
I have never experienced this with any Catholic person. They might read the Bible but they don't understand what they read as 2 of your former Catholics told me.
And false stereotype #3 Catholic priests are bad or not helpful and JW’s really know their Bible. Uuum . . . sounds like the guy in this video did not have a very good priest (it happens) or he misunderstood the priest (more likely).
"Did not have a very good priest". These are your own words! That means Catholic priests are not helpful. If the priest in misunderstood, that doesn't excuse that priest. It means he is incapable of teaching, why try to learn from such a person and why is such a person placed in a position to teach if he is bad at it? That placement falls on the Catholic leadership. So if a person leaves Catholicism then there is no one to blame but your 'misunderstood/non-teaching' priest and the ones that placed him in that position.
It is a shame the priest wasn’t more helpful and a shame the man didn’t know his faith well enough.
His faith is just fine now. I am happy he got real answers.
Sounds like he left the Catholic Church because he never knew what the Church actually teaches.
That completely the Catholic Church's fault. They cannot blame anyone but themselves. I could ask 10 of those considered well educated by Catholics what the book of Revelation is about and get 20 interpretations. I could ask 10 well educated JWs the same question and get one interpretation.