Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Today's Excellent Church.

Post #1

Post by Benson »

Acts 2 gives the narrative of how the Body of Christ His Church was brought into being by the coming of The Holy Spirit, according to Joel ch. 2 as cited by Apostle Peter.

Today, there are no features within modern Christendom which are a continuation of either Acts ch. 2, Joel ch. 2, The Jerusalem Messianic Church, or the Pauline Gentile Church.

This post remains very short because there is no other information in Scripture to authenticate the state of today's so called "Church." If one thinks the Church does exist today according to the foundation of the Apostles with Christ as the Cornerstone, tell us where on Earth it exists in the hearts of Men before God. No place in Paul's teaching says the Church is some intangibly perceived group of minds set upon faith in Christ.

tam
Savant

Re: Today's Excellent Church.

Post #221

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:13 pm
tam wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:30 pm The citations (these and others) 100% speak directly of religion.

None of the below mention religion... they speak of Jehovah's organisation. Are you perhaps seeing things that are not there?
None of the "below" (below meaning what you quoted) were in my post that you directly responded to. Just go back and look at the post of mine that you responded to. viewtopic.php?p=1039553#p1039553 You saw it well enough to take my comment out of that post, but then you ignored the very thing I was responding to.

There's not much more I can say on the matter. It is right there for anyone to see for themselves.

Peace again.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #222

Post by JehovahsWitness »

In any case unless you now claim not to have been attempting to use the quotations below my point stands ....

tam wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:28 pm Peace to you,

But if we were to draw away from Jehovah’s organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy. (Compare John 6:66-69.) w93 9/15 p. 22-23

Bible students need to get acquainted with the organization of the “one flock” Jesus spoke about at John 10:16. They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah’s organization is essential to their salvation. km 11/90 p. 1

And while now the witness yet includes the invitation to come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation, the time no doubt will come when the message takes on a harder tone... w81 11/15 p. 21

Salvation can only come from Jehovah and the arrangement He has put in place through his son (his organisation) . All religion can do is get us on the road to to life (meaning : teach us about salvation and help us to conform to Gods standards.). Being on the road somewhere doesn't mean you have arrived; the road is NOT the destination. If you're on the way to the registry office doesn't mean you're married. Being on the road to life didn't mean you are saved, any more than being on the road to death means you're dead.

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat May 15, 2021 2:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

tam
Savant

Post #223

Post by tam »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #223]

See previous post directly above yours.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #224

tam wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:34 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #223]

See previous post directly above yours.
Already addressed. See above (here's the LINK)
viewtopic.php?p=1039592#p1039592
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat May 15, 2021 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

tam
Savant

Post #225

Post by tam »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #225]

Yeah, this is getting kinda unbelievable.

Here is a link to my first post on the subject that was under discussion between timothy and RR, and then me. You've jumped in midway, but you don't seem to have followed the point or the progression.

viewtopic.php?p=1039533#p1039533

Peace again.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #226

tam wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:40 pm ... You've jumped in midway, but you don't seem to have followed the point or the progression.
I followed enough to see your errors and have corrected them.

And here's the link that debunked your points

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat May 15, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.

tam
Savant

Post #227

Post by tam »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:41 pm
tam wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:40 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #225]

Yeah, this is getting kinda unbelievable.

Here is a link to my first post on the subject that was under discussion between timothy and RR, and then me. You've jumped in midway, but you don't seem to have followed the point or the progression.

viewtopic.php?p=1039533#p1039533

Peace again.

And here's the link that debunked your points
Sorry, but I am moving on. You can't see and/or admit that you made a mistake in what you said and quoted, no problem. But going back and forth like this is pointless.

Peace again to you.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #228

tam wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:44 pm Sorry, but I am moving on.

Good. Goodbye. I can see why your hasty departure might be a wise decision as scripture cannot lie.

I have thoroughly addressed how a SCRIPTURAL view of Jehovah's organisation supports its role in salvation. Since Jesus is its chief member of that organisation and his bride the means for administering the blessings of his ransom.
viewtopic.php?p=1039570#p1039570

How true religion is simply a means of putting someone on the right road to that salvation.

Peace to you Tammy,

JW

RELATED POSTS

Is it "blasphemous" to say one must associate with Jehovah's organisation to be saved?
viewtopic.php?p=1039570#p1039570

Further reading: Do You Need Organized Religion?
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/maga ... -religion/
To read more please go to other posts related to POSTS RELATED to ...

RELIGION, CHRISTIANITY and ...JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #229

Post by 2timothy316 »

tam wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:38 pm Peace to you,

During the final period of the “ancient world” that perished in the Flood, Noah was a faithful “preacher of righteousness.” (2 Peter 2:5) In these last days of the present system of things, Jehovah’s people are making known God’s righteous standards and are declaring good news about the possibility of surviving into the new world. (2 Peter 3:9-13) Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah’s universal organization. w06 5/15 p. 22-23

That one was 2006, and it is comparing people in the JW organization to Noah and his family on the ark.
Please be sure to address the question at the bottom of my reply.

The article is accurate. Yet you're missing the point of the whole article by only focusing on one line. Again, we are not a comparing ourselves to the Ark as you want to see. We are comparing ourselves to Noah as 'preachers of righteousness' and that we stick together as Noah and his family did. That we are "We are making known God’s righteous standards and are declaring good news." The Ark didn't do this. We are also making note that Jehovah always organizes His faithful people together if there are any. Noah didn't carry the name Jehovah's Witnesses but that he was part of Jehovah's organization which in Noah's time totaled 8 people out of millions. Noah wasn't the Ark he was in the organization that was on the Ark. If there are faithful people there is always an organization of God's people even it's very small. Yet, if Jehovah didn't allow a person with Noah's family then they wouldn't be on the Ark either. I know that you can understand this concept but for some reason you're refusing to let it sink in and I have a good idea why.

So allow me to reveal your motives for your argument.

For the sake of this debate, let's say their is no named group of God's people. You certainly believe you're on the road to life right? If you believe so, you do understand that like Noah, even though there might just be, one two or even just 8 of you scattered around the Earth, that would place you in God's organization?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #230

2timothy316 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:58 pm

For the sake of this debate, let's say their is no named group of God's people. You certainly believe you're on the road to life right? If you believe so, you do understand that like Noah, even though there might just be, one two or even just 8 of you scattered around the Earth, that would place you in God's organization?
I'm go further. Say for the sake of argument somebody says, I dont need a religion, I just communicated direct with Jesus. That would amount to...

Jehovahs organisation =
JEHOVAH
°°°|°°°
Jesus (+ BRIDE since 1914)
°°°|°°°
The faithful Angels
°°°|°°°
Lone Christian (that just posts on religious debate forums) <===== : EARTHLY PART OF GODS ORGANISATION

The only way that lone (I-don't-need-a-religion-I-only-need-Jesus) "christian" can get salvation is stay in the "earthly part of Gods organisation"; and the only way it STAYS "the earthly part of Gods organisation" is by staying connected to Jesus. It is irrelevant if there is one, eight or 8 million.

The person that objects to being in "earthly part of Gods organisation" is simply denying the body of Christ, the faithful angels and ultimately the one that they all unite to worship. Did somebody mention blasphemy a little earlier?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS