Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Today's Excellent Church.

Post #1

Post by Benson »

Acts 2 gives the narrative of how the Body of Christ His Church was brought into being by the coming of The Holy Spirit, according to Joel ch. 2 as cited by Apostle Peter.

Today, there are no features within modern Christendom which are a continuation of either Acts ch. 2, Joel ch. 2, The Jerusalem Messianic Church, or the Pauline Gentile Church.

This post remains very short because there is no other information in Scripture to authenticate the state of today's so called "Church." If one thinks the Church does exist today according to the foundation of the Apostles with Christ as the Cornerstone, tell us where on Earth it exists in the hearts of Men before God. No place in Paul's teaching says the Church is some intangibly perceived group of minds set upon faith in Christ.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: Today's Excellent Church.

Post #191

Post by 2timothy316 »

RightReason wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:00 pm
Here is picture of unity from the Catholic church. I don't think many American or British Catholics were unified during WWII with German Catholics. They were killing each other. I guess you're going to tell me that was all 'misinformation' too.
You said it. JW’s all read from the same anti-Catholic literature. What page is that one on? Every JW I converse with brings up this ‘Catholics fight against Catholics’ smear.
Didn't the RCC teach what Jesus said? "Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has everlasting life remaining in him." - 1 john 3:15
God's Word smears the RCC.
And my favorite, that Catholics did nothing to stop Hitler. <sigh> I understand this need JW’s have to keep slinging mud to see if anything will stick.
It sticks really well and we JWs don't have to do anything the pictures speak for themselves. If you're ok with your 'brothers' haling Hitler so be it. That is the truly disturbing part, that you're fine with it or even admit that they were in the wrong.
It’s what people resort to when they have no reasonable and logical arguments left. You can’t respond to the Catholic Church being Christ’s established Church and it being the JW’s who came late to the scene, took our Bible, altered it, and created their own theology, so you simply shout, “Yeah, well whatabout that Catholic who fought for Germany!” Keep grasping, it’s a good distraction.
Trying to change the subject I see. Of course, this must all be very unpleasant for the RCC to have to live down. The history of the RCC just so awful and the best thing you can come up with is the lie 'JWs altered the Bible'? That retort is not even close to erasing the uncountable number of people the RCC killed in the past 1000 years. JWs didn't even have the NWT during WWII. We used the KJV. So your point us useless. There were no JWs to smear the RCC for during the dark ages, because if there were the RCC would have burned them.

I don't depend on men to save me. And before you go off saying Catholics saved some JWs in Germany where was the RCC when JWs were being tarred and feathered, hung in trees and beaten within an inch if their life in the USA and Canada during WWI and WWII? OH wait I know where! They were the ones doing the beating and hanging JWs in the US just like they were doing in Germany. At least in Germany they were shot, so a quicker death. Being tarred and feathered is an agonizing way to die. Why was all that happening to us. Because in the US we wouldn't salute the flag and in Germany we wouldn't hail Hitler. RCC? Just fine with those things and were happy to help imprison JWs or worse. Then they were happy to go off and kill the German Catholics in the US and in Germany they were happy to go kill their American Catholic 'brothers'. So don't even try to make the RCC my savoir like you have made it yours.

I'm just waiting for the RCC to turn on us again in some violent way, as they have never been able to take people calling them out on the 1000 years of their misconduct.

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #192

Post by RightReason »

2timothy316 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:03 pm this must all be very unpleasant for the RCC to have to live down. The history of the RCC just so awful
LOL! The history of God’s chosen people has long been recorded to have included quite a few unpleasantries. Human beings screw up, but praise be to God, He sent His only son, Our Lord and Our God to save us and give us His Church to guide us in all truth.

“As for the general view that the Church was discredited by the War—they might as well say that the Ark was discredited by the Flood. When the world goes wrong, it proves rather that the Church is right. The Church is justified, not because her children do not sin, but because they do.”

― G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #193

Post by 2timothy316 »

RightReason wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:50 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:03 pm this must all be very unpleasant for the RCC to have to live down. The history of the RCC just so awful
LOL! The history of God’s chosen people has long been recorded to have included quite a few unpleasantries. Human beings screw up, but praise be to God, He sent His only son, Our Lord and Our God to save us and give us His Church to guide us in all truth.
Screwed up? Nah, no one that screws up for a 1000 years can call it a mistake.
“As for the general view that the Church was discredited by the War—they might as well say that the Ark was discredited by the Flood. When the world goes wrong, it proves rather that the Church is right. The Church is justified, not because her children do not sin, but because they do.”

― G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man
That is not a good comparison. The Ark was an inanimate object with no brain to make decisions. The RCC had choices and they sure did make them.
Don't think I have not noticed that you have not addressed the fact that JWs were severely persecuted by the RCC on both sides of the WWI and WWII. Of course I'm sure you're fine with that too, I wouldn't be surprised if you approved of what happened to the JWs in the US, Canada and Germany. I mean if a person is fine with hundreds of years of burning people at the stake that don't believe the way the RCC does then what a little hanging and shooting some folks for a couple more years.
Last edited by 2timothy316 on Fri May 07, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #194

Post by RightReason »

2timothy316 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:26 pm
That is not a good comparison. The Ark was an inanimate object with no brain to make decisions.
I guess one does need to have a proper understanding of the role of the Church to understand the analogy. The Church is being compared to the Ark because those who got on the ark were the ones that were saved. The Ark was the people’s means to salvation, just like Christ’s Church on earth. Get it?

tam
Savant

Post #195

Post by tam »

Peace to you both (and to you all)!

Christ is the Ark.

Not a religion.

Just sayin'

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #196

Post by PinSeeker »

tam wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:55 pm Not a religion.

Just sayin'
Or a church.

Just sayin' :D

Grace and peace to all.

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #197

Post by RightReason »

tam wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:55 pm Peace to you both (and to you all)!

Christ is the Ark.

Not a religion.

Just sayin'

Peace again to you,
tammy
So, did God or did God not send the Ark to save the people? It’s a simple question really.

If you can’t admit that God told the people in order to be saved they must get on the Ark, then you are denying the Word of God in Genesis.

And not only did the people have to get on the Ark, Noah was instructed to build it. God didn’t build it for him. He was told to build it and be in charge of gathering the people and the animals.

Why is that soooo hard for some of you to admit. It’s an odd obstinance. In no way is the story of Noah’s Ark about usurping God’s power. That is a very disordered view to hold.

William
Savant

Post #198

Post by William »

tam
Savant

Post #199

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
PinSeeker wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:44 pm
tam wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:55 pm Not a religion.

Just sayin'
Or a church.

Just sayin' :D

Grace and peace to all.
Thank you Pinseeker :)

And THE Church (the people) are in Christ (and so, in the Ark). If that is not awesome enough as it is (and it is awesome enough as it is, lol)... the promises are for us and for our children. Just as Noah's faith saved not only him, but also his entire household.

Peace again to you, and to you all, and to your household,
tammy

tam
Savant

Post #200

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
RightReason wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:08 pm
tam wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:55 pm Peace to you both (and to you all)!

Christ is the Ark.

Not a religion.

Just sayin'

Peace again to you,
tammy
So, did God or did God not send the Ark to save the people? It’s a simple question really.
Of course God did. God sent Christ. Christ saves the people. Christ is the Ark.

If you can’t admit that God told the people in order to be saved they must get on the Ark, then you are denying the Word of God in Genesis.
Of course I can admit that God told the people in order to be saved they must get on the Ark. Christ is the Ark.
And not only did the people have to get on the Ark, Noah was instructed to build it. God didn’t build it for him. He was told to build it and be in charge of gathering the people and the animals.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here?

If you are saying the Church (by which you mean the RCC) is the Ark, then I am not sure what the relevance is of saying Noah built the Ark. Because Christ builds the Church.

"... on this Rock, I will build my Church..."

Regardless of who you think the Rock is, Christ is the One who builds the Church.

Why is that soooo hard for some of you to admit. It’s an odd obstinance. In no way is the story of Noah’s Ark about usurping God’s power. That is a very disordered view to hold.
Your objections to what I wrote don't make sense to me. Perhaps take a moment to reread? I have not read the entire exchange that has been happening between you and others, but for myself, I can tell you that I never suggested anything about Noah's Ark usurping God's power.

Peace again to you,
tammy