Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Was Jesus Created By God?

Post #1

Post by Benson »

I have heard that Jesus might be basically a massively powerful Angel, and has not always existed. He did die for our sins, He did resurrect, but He is not God. Because God cannot die.

What is the real answer? What does the Bible really say?

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Re: Was Jesus Created By God?

Post #2

Post by PinSeeker »

Benson wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:55 am I have heard that Jesus might be basically a massively powerful Angel, and has not always existed. He did die for our sins, He did resurrect, but He is not God. Because God cannot die.

What is the real answer? What does the Bible really say?
LOL. This has been discussed thoroughly several times; why not again? :D

No, Jesus was not created, but existed with the Father from eternity past and into eternity future; He possessed the same glory as the Father then and now (John 17).

Yes, Jesus is called the Angel of God, but He is not an angel in the sense that, well, angels are.

Yes, although some here will disagree, Jesus is God; this is clear throughout the Bible... from Moses, through all the prophets, through all the apostles.

And yes, when God condescends to be born of a woman and thus man as Jesus did, He can die -- not as God but as man. His mortal body did indeed suffer physical death, but as we see in His words to the thief crucified with Him on His right, He was that day (after His death on the cross) in paradise (Heaven). Although we can point to many passages in Scripture on this, nowhere is it more clear, in my opinion, as Paul's words in Philippians 2. He could not die for our sins -- His dying for our sins could not be effectual -- if He was not both God and man, our Mediator, as the writer of Hebrews... which may have also been Paul, but we are not sure... puts it.

Like I said, there is much disagreement from many on all that. So be it. It will all be clear to all -- even though it has all been made so already by God -- one great Day. Yes, every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord (Philippians 2, Romans 14, Isaiah 45, Revelation 1, Revelation 5).

Grace and peace to you.