Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Father And Son

Post #1

Post by William »

The Father and the Son
Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

In Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate there was a pool believed to heal the sick, where people gathered
On the walkways he saw a great number of the sick, the blind, the lame, and the paralyzed

One man there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. When the man finished telling Jesus his story, Jesus asked him, “Do you want to get well?”

The man thought Jesus was referring to the magic pool and replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am on my way, someone else goes in before me.”

Then Jesus told him, “Get up, pick up your mat, and walk.”

Immediately the man was made well, and he picked up his mat and began to walk.

Now this coincidently happened on the Sabbath day, so the religious extremists said to the man who had been healed, “This is the Sabbath! It is unlawful for you to carry your mat.”

The man answered, “The man who made me well told me, ‘Pick up your mat and walk.’”

“Who is this man who told you to pick it up and walk?” the religious extremists asked.

But the man who was healed could not point him out, for Jesus had slipped away into the crowd.

Later on at the temple, Jesus saw the man and told him, “You have been made well. Stop sinning, or something worse may happen to you.”

And the man went back to the religious extremists and told them that it was Jesus who had made him well.

The Father and the Son

Because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the religious extremists began to question him accusingly .
Jesus told the religious extremists “ My Father is at His work so I too am working.”

Because of this, the religious extremists though all the harder on how to kill Jesus. Not only was He breaking the Sabbath, but He was even calling their God, his own Father! As far as the religious extremists were concerned, this was the same thing as making himself equal with God.

So Jesus then informed them, “Truly as I live and breath I tell you this, a son can do nothing by himself, unless he sees his father doing it. This is how the son learns. For whatever the father does, the son also learns to do.
The father loves the son and has shown the son all the things that the son can do.

So why are you - my accusers - acting so offended?

The father will show the son even greater works than these already done.

For just as my Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also I give life to whom I wish to.

Over and above that, my Father judges no one, but has assigned all judgment to me, so that all may honor me just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor me does not honor the Father who sent me.

Question for debate.

Some folk think that Jesus knew everything the father knew.

Can we tell from the story that Jesus did not see things that way but rather he knew that the father had not told him everything the father knows?

101G
Apprentice

Re: Father And Son

Post #2

Post by 101G »

Addressing the OP, the reason is, the son was G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') while in the state of ..... "NATURAL" flesh, here on earth. as our example, he LEARNED obedient in flesh as a man, because of the G2758 κενόω kenoo state that he was in. supportive scripture, Luke 2:39 "And when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth." Luke 2:40 "And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him."

101G.