Think Jesus will save you? Sacrifices are ONLY for unintentional sins.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

Think Jesus will save you? Sacrifices are ONLY for unintentional sins.

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

If you want to believe Jesus is a sin sacrifice go ahead. But understand that Christianity learned of the sacrificial system from the Hebrew Scriptures. And the laws concerning sacrifices are specific.

Sacrifices were ONLY UNINTENTIONAL sins. UNINTENTIONAL

All your sibs that you committed knowing it was wrong when you did it Jesus couldn't fix even if he wanted to. Because you committed them intentionally. Knowing full well it was wrong. And let's face it....most all your sins are intentional.

How can Christians think Jesus can save them knowing this? This is the law on sacrifices. So now what?

Avoice
Guru

Re: Think Jesus will save you? Sacrifices are ONLY for unintentional sins.

Post #11

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to Difflugia in post #6]

He wasn't FOUND guilty. What you are quoting is in itself an intentional sin. This is true. This type of crime has been noted before in Exodus. Yiu will notice the difference in consequences.

What you are quoting is a sin that someone commits. Making them guilty of sin. But the person wasn't found guilty. They may have lied and denied it at first but later confessed on their own. A person who commits a sin and gets away with it but later has a change of heart and repents and confesses their sin is in a special catagory so-to-speak. Because he repented and confesses his sin he is treated differently. This idea is seen in the legal system in the US and other countries I assume. If you turn yourself in the punishment is less severe. But if you don't repent and keep running they'll thow the book at you when they find you.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #12

Post by Difflugia »

Avoice wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:57 amThey may have lied and denied it at first but later confessed on their own.
The text doesn't say (or even imply) that. You're now changing the meaning of what's written in order to harmonize texts that conflict with how you wish to read them. You don't get to call someone out just because their change is different than yours.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Avoice
Guru

Post #13

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to Difflugia in post #13]

He wasn't found guilty. It is you who can't speak what is correct.

Even if you want to believe Jesus will save you, he can't. The blood needs to be put in the alter.

Golgotha? UNACCEPTABLE on so many levels.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #14

Post by Difflugia »

Avoice wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:52 pmHe wasn't found guilty.
Can you quote the text that says that? Maybe I just missed it.
Avoice wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:52 pmEven if you want to believe Jesus will save you, he can't.
I'm sure that's true.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by PinSeeker »

Difflugia wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:55 pm
I can: In Luke 23, verses 4 and 22, and also in John 19, verses 4 and 6, Pontius Pilate states that Jesus is guilty of nothing. Acts 13:28 reiterates that fact. And Hebrews 4:15 very clearly states that Jesus was without sin.
Avoice wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:52 pmEven if you want to believe Jesus will save you, he can't.
I'm sure that's true.
His atonement for our sin -- both intentional and unintentional, or more properly, sins of omission and commission -- is what makes it possible for us to be reconciled to God and thus saved. And as He Himself said, "All that the Father gives Me will come to me, and whoever comes to Me I will never cast out." So yes, Jesus does save; His atonement for our sin, because He is both God and man, makes it possible. Those whom the Father gives Him; no less, and no more. Thanks be to God.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #16

Post by Difflugia »

PinSeeker wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:10 am
I can: In Luke 23, verses 4 and 22, and also in John 19, verses 4 and 6, Pontius Pilate states that Jesus is guilty of nothing. Acts 13:28 reiterates that fact. And Hebrews 4:15 very clearly states that Jesus was without sin.
If that's what Avoice meant, then I misunderstood who the "he" was referring to. I read the "he" as referring to the person transgressing in Leviticus, not Jesus.