Jesus- UNACCEPTABLE SACRIFICE. Blood must be on the altar

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

Jesus- UNACCEPTABLE SACRIFICE. Blood must be on the altar

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

Christians believe Jesus saves them from all their sins. They quote how without the shedding of blood there is no attornment.

How is it that Christians base their salvation on what is written in the law but claim they are not under the law.
And if you aren't under the law you gave no protection from those things written in the law

Even if you want to believe in Jesus ....even if you nailed him to the tree yourself the sad truth for Christians is that Jesus' death would be unacceptable even if God permitted babies and virgins to be tossed into volcanos.

But let's say you could toss your baby (aka Jesus) into a volcano or nail him to a tree.. or whatever. You kill him.
EVEN.. EVEN if you carried out the sacrifice in accordance to the law, he could only cover unintentional sins. Not intentional. In other words he couldn't help you much at all. The pens you stole at work....you knew it was wrong. He can't help you. Your adulterous affair.... nope. When you lied all those times when you knew you were wrong....no.

Do you Christians understand that it takes more than the shedding of blood? THE BLOOD MUST BE PUT ON THE ALTAR. If it is not it is unacceptable. Go ask God he'll tell you so. You will find him talking about it in the book of the laws.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Re: Jesus- UNACCEPTABLE SACRIFICE. Blood must be on the altar

Post #2

Post by PinSeeker »

Avoice wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:28 am Christians believe Jesus saves them from all their sins. They quote how without the shedding of blood there is no attornment... How is it that Christians base their salvation on what is written in the law but claim they are not under the law.
Christians make no such claim. Well, some do, maybe, but they're wrong. :) Yes, that would be what we call antinomianism, and it's quite wrong. What Christians "claim," Avoice... or should, anyway, because Scripture (God) tells them... is, they are under a better, more perfect law than the one before, because all it contained was types and shadows of the Real Thing to come. This is the difference between the old covenant (made manifest in several different ways, including the Mosaic covenant (the Law) and the new (made manifest in Christ). As Jeremiah tells us, and the writer of Hebrews quotes:
  • “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people." (Jeremiah 31, Hebrews 8)
And thus, as the writer of Hebrews says:
  • "In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. Therefore He (Christ, of course) is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant." (Hebrews 9)
So you see, Avoice, that your whole premise is... well, way, way off base. As for your claim that the sacrificial system will be reinstated, if we read just a little further from the writer of Hebrews, we see the following:
  • "Jesus said: 'You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings' (these are offered according to the law), and then He added, 'Behold, I have come to do Your...' (the Father's) '...will.' "
So here, the writer of Hebrews says:
  • "He does away with the first in order to establish the second. And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all... Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin."
Grace and peace to you, Avoice.

Avoice
Guru

Post #3

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to PinSeeker in post #2]

Well sure they do. Christians claim that sacrificing Jesus is how they have their sins atoned for. And they learned about sin sacrifices from the Jews. They didn't read the fine print though. Jesus blood (if it were even an acceptable sacrifice) MUST be put on the alter.

UNACCEPTABLE
Jesus died. That's it.

Avoice
Guru

Post #4

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to PinSeeker in post #2]

Realize that you gave committed a terrible sin right here. You write:

"...of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord. "

Is that what God said? Be careful. Did God say that? You end it by saying ' declares the lord. Did God say this ? Robbing God if his words is a crime like no other.

As for the new covenant...what does God say about the state of the world when the new covenant us in force? He says that at that time ALL WILL KNOW HIM. NO OBE WILL NEED TO GO OUT PREACHING TO PEOPLE TO TELL THEM WHO HE IS.

THAT has not happened! Missionaries are still out preaching. The new covenant has not happened. And there's nothing new about what it is. All it is is God putting the law into the hearts of those who don't keep his laws.

tam
Savant

Post #5

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

[Replying to Avoice in post #1]

The physical temple (with the Holy and the Most Holy Place), the physical sanctuary, the physical altar... all these things are COPIES of the TRUE Sanctuary, the TRUE Temple, the TRUE Altar (Rev 8:3; 6:9), the TRUE Ark... that are in heaven. The copies on earth are physical examples of the spiritual realities.

Christ - the High Priest - entered into the TRUE sanctuary in heaven, coming directly before the Most Holy One Himself, and offered His own blood.

From Hebrews 8:

Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2 and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by a mere human being.

From Hebrews 9:

But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made with human hands, that is to say, is not a part of this creation. He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption.

It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. 25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Hebrews 13:10-13

We have an altar from which those who minister at the tabernacle have no right to eat.

The author is referring to the true altar, not the copy on earth, but the true altar in heaven.

The high priest carries the blood of animals into the Most Holy Place as a sin offering,... (<-this is exactly what Christ did, but with His own blood, and into the TRUE Most Holy Place)... but the bodies are burned outside the camp. 12 And so [Jesus] also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by PinSeeker »

Avoice wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:06 pm Christians claim that sacrificing Jesus is how they have their sins atoned for.
No, they claim -- because the Bible tells them so... :) -- that Jesus atoned for their sins by sacrificing Himself. Jesus said, "Greater love has no man than he who lays down his life for his friends" (John 15). And He said, "I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again." Right? Yes. So nobody, Jew or otherwise, "sacrificed Jesus." That's utterly ridiculous. I mean, you can think what you want to think, but in my humble opinion, making it up as you go along is not a good idea. :)
Avoice wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:06 pm They didn't read the fine print though. Jesus blood (if it were even an acceptable sacrifice) MUST be put on the alter. UNACCEPTABLE.
The fine print, huh? LOL! :D
Avoice wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:06 pm Jesus died. That's it.
Well, yes. But fortunately, that's not the end of the story.

Grace and peace to you.