William
Savant

Satan - The Devil and His Demons.

Post #1

Post by William »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:30 am
William wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:20 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:59 pm
nobspeople wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:56 pm When I joined this site, I (erroneously) assumed a Christian (by popular definition) believes in Eternal Hell damnation no matter the denomination or lack there of.
That doesn't seem to be the case with some of you (some believe it to be a temporary punishment, or not at all, etc). So I ask:

Do you believe in eternal hell (or eternal damnation if you like) or not?

If you do, who goes there?
Are there exceptions (mentally challenged people, newborn babies for examples)?

If you don't believe, why not?

What brings you to that conclusion?
Hell, Sheol, the grave, the first stop after death is like taxes, pretty much unavoidable. Now the lake of fire, comes after everyone is raised from the grave/hell, and progresses into a judgment for the good and the bad.(Revelation 20). While the fires of the lake of fire is ongoing, the fire itself causes a second death, which like the first death, is pretty much lights out, except for the devil, the beast, and the false prophet (Revelation 20:10).
The devil, the beast, and the false prophet must be made of something eternal if that fire can't consume them....
The devil is spirit, who resides in the hearts of men by means of his demons, and their spirits are eternal. The "beast" and the "false prophet" ate of the tree of life, and are eternal in nature, and their demon spirits have influenced today's leaders (Revelation 16:13).
Is Christianity the main source of Conspiracy Theories and therefore responsible for the troubled minds of Conspiracy Theorists?

Last edited by William on Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: Satan - The Devil and His Demons.

Post #2

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:19 pm
nobspeople wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:56 pm When I joined this site, I (erroneously) assumed a Christian (by popular definition) believes in Eternal Hell damnation no matter the denomination or lack there of.
That doesn't seem to be the case with some of you (some believe it to be a temporary punishment, or not at all, etc). So I ask:

Hell, Sheol, the grave, the first stop after death is like taxes, pretty much unavoidable. Now the lake of fire, comes after everyone is raised from the grave/hell, and progresses into a judgment for the good and the bad.(Revelation 20). While the fires of the lake of fire is ongoing, the fire itself causes a second death, which like the first death, is pretty much lights out, except for the devil, the beast, and the false prophet (Revelation 20:10).
The devil, the beast, and the false prophet must be made of something eternal if that fire can't consume them....
The devil is spirit, who resides in the hearts of men by means of his demons, and their spirits are eternal. The "beast" and the "false prophet" ate of the tree of life, and are eternal in nature, and their demon spirits have influenced today's leaders (Revelation 16:13).
Is Christianity the main source of Conspiracy Theories and therefore responsible for the troubled minds of Conspiracy Theorists?
I think governing bodies may be a bigger source, at least in the USA
But religions (Christianity) aren't helping things in this regard IMO
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

William
Savant

Post #3

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:21 pm

You mean those governing bodies which are sworn in on the Bible?

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:34 pm

Yes.
I always laugh to myself when I see that. Or a politician going to church. But I suppose the religious and politicians are very similar in many ways.

William
Savant

Post #5

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:37 pm
William wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:34 pm

Yes.
I always laugh to myself when I see that. Or a politician going to church. But I suppose the religious and politicians are very similar in many ways.
Perhaps they are bedmates...

So you are saying that conspiracy theories are by and large the product of this combination of cultural activities...why would government make up these stories and circulate them among its people who then believe these conspiracies' about their governments?

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #6

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to William in post #5]
So you are saying that conspiracy theories are by and large the product of this combination of cultural activities...
I'm saying conspiracy theories come about by people who want to believe in them and, many times, have little to no trust in those of an opposite view point. By government bodies (aka the government) being a bigger source, it's not they that are divulging the conspiracies, but the conspiracy theorists that don't trust the government are coming up with these theories. That's not to say the government doesn't supply them directly, see below.
...why would government make up these stories and circulate them among its people who then believe these conspiracies' about their governments?
To sow disinformation and confusion. It is said to happen all the time with the USOs and UFOs phenomena, for example. But, as I said, I think, between the government and the conspiracists, the theories mostly come from the conspiracists.

Religions may be different in some ways. Or they could be totally identical. I suspect it would depend on the theory in question.

William
Savant

Post #7

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:58 pm [Replying to William in post #5]

I'm saying conspiracy theories come about by people who want to believe in them ...
Not really. The were made up and put out there and THEN gained popularity by "people who want to believe in them"
Religions may be different in some ways. Or they could be totally identical. I suspect it would depend on the theory in question.
Are you able to give us an example of the difference in CT supplied by government and CTs supplied by Religions?

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to William in post #7]
I'm saying conspiracy theories come about by people who want to believe in them ...

Not really. The were made up and put out there and THEN gained popularity by "people who want to believe in them"
I'm thinking you want to argue to argue. There's no AND THEN needed, based on your original question. They're created by people who want to believe in them as we both said. If they catch on or not isn't relevant to their origin.
Are you able to give us an example of the difference in CT supplied by government and CTs supplied by Religions?
I said "Religions may be different in some ways. Or they could be totally identical. I suspect it would depend on the theory in question." so I'm not sure why you'd ask that question.

William
Savant

Post #9

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:13 pm
[Replying to William in post #7]

I'm thinking you want to argue to argue.
What you think about what you think I am doing is not a relevant form of debate. [bad tactic]
There's no AND THEN needed, based on your original question. They're created by people who want to believe in them as we both said. If they catch on or not isn't relevant to their origin.
The OP is investigating the origin. The question of the origin is the OPQ:

"Is Christianity the main source of Conspiracy Theories and therefore responsible for the troubled minds of Conspiracy Theorists?"

I said "Religions may be different in some ways. Or they could be totally identical. I suspect it would depend on the theory in question." so I'm not sure why you'd ask that question.
Because I would like you to give us some example of the difference between government created CT and religious created CT [re "theories in question".] that we might better understand your argument.

Miles
Savant

Post #10

Post by Miles »

Good grief, not another goofy Success Pictures slogan.

I thought they went out of business years ago. . . . or maybe it was " . . . should have gone out of business years ago."