Inspired By YHWH

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Inspired By YHWH

Post #1

Post by William »

The interesting thing about biblical stories that are inspired by concepts -in this case the concept of a Creator with many names, of which I choose YHWH for the purpose of this thread - is that they [the biblical stories] in turn, inspire one to understand the story in terms that the story itself inspires.

Do you agree with this? If not, what are your arguments against this being the case.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: Inspired By YHWH

Post #21

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to William in post #19]
In my opinion, the one can lead to the other.
I appreciate your participation here. And while that may be possible at times, I just don't see how it can be between an imperfect, finite being and one that's perfect and infinite.
This assumes that human beings actually know what "absolute perfect" is.
I think people do know, technically, but not able to achieve it.

but we also see that Christians who do this are unwilling to do the detective work
100%.
so one cancels out the other.
Not sure how that works here or what this means. Can you elaborate?
YHWH made a mistake [from his perspective] and rectified that.
I do agree there were mistakes made. But if God did them, he ceases to be perfect and therefore, to me, unworthy of the claims about him at the very least, and my respect and worship, not to mention my time, energy and money.
Understandably this is simply your personal position and subsequent beliefs about the subject.
Which is why I said IMO :D
My own are different.
Indeed. But what's good about this is the ability for differing opinions to discuss it without name calling.
Detective work involves far more than a simply handwave...
And we've come full circle to the bolded above.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

William
Savant

Post #22

Post by William »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:05 pm
William wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:56 pm
Well IF the claim is that the bible was inspired by YHWH, and Paul-who-was-Saul and his advice to examine all things and stay true to those things which are proved true and correct THEN I think that qualifies as evidence that 'being inspired by YHWH to do the detective work' is indeed involved in that process. Unless you are saying Paul-who-was-Saul was not inspired by YHWH to write that...you are not claiming that, are you?
So we are to do comparisons. Examine what things exactly? What has been proven true and correct?
Those things examined and found to being true and correct. If the bible is true and correct, then we can use that to build a true and correct image of God, in relation to YHWH
William wrote:You are a Jehovah's witness, are you not? Or am I confusing you with someone else?
Do I have an identifying mark that makes you think so?
Since I can neither see your right hand or forehead, I cannot answer that question. But you can, if you want to. So are you or are you not a Jehovah's Witness?
Why do you ask?
Because if you were a Jehovah's Witness, then I would not have to consider your arguments as legitimate, since Jehovah's Witnesses followed a false prophet - someone who made false predictions as to when Jesus was going to return.
You're the Spirit Inspired detective here right? Run me through your deductive reasoning as to what makes you think I am a JW?
Rather I will point you to what I said which was that I may have you confused with someone else. My detective work involves me having to ask you to provide an answer so that I might then ascertain how much credence I should give to your argument regarding following those who supply false information while proclaiming they are getting their information from YHWH - or in the case of JW's - from Jehovah...

...it is a reasonable question for me to be asking you. It is therefore reasonable that you should answer the question rather than dance about doing the malarkey.
So you're attempting to prejudge me. I see.
Wrong. I am attempting to ascertain whether your argument should be taken as legitimate.
Do you do this to everyone? Find out what religion they are and then judge how much 'credence' you will give them?
Yes. It is part of the process of examining all things and keeping to those things proven true and correct. When it comes to Christians, because they do not all agree with one another regarding biblical interpretations, so one has to take that into account and thus one is forced to ask Christians as to 'what type of Christian/what denomination' they represent/represents their particular beliefs and interpretations.
Is this your detective work in action?
Yes. Indeed.
If I say I am nothing, will you then prejudge that too?
1: I am not prejudging you. I am still waiting for you to provide an answer. If you don't, then I will have to find another way in which to either show me that you are a JW or that I have you mistaken for someone else.

2: You could save me that effort simply by answering my question.
Sounds like its in my best interest that you never know what I am so that I can get as much 'credence' as I can or at least avoid an attack on my beliefs which really are not for debate.
If you are unable to identify yourself in relation to YHWH, then yes - there is nothing you can say which would count as argument against what I am saying.

Otherwise, feel free to debate. Your beliefs will only be 'attacked' by being shown to be false...

If anyone can show us where in the bible something invisible was prophesied as a coming event - a seemingly oxymoron thing for a prophesy to be decaling something which would occur, but which also would not be visible to anyone...(such as The first president of what is now the Watchtower Society of the Jehovah's Witnesses, Charles Taze Russell proclaimed re Christ's invisible return in 1874), that would be helpful.

Otherwise there is no reason I can see where such prophesy should not be regarded as false prophesy from a false prophet.

Remembering of course, this all has to do with you bringing the argument of falseness and prophecy into the thread.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #23

Post by 2timothy316 »

William wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:26 pm Because if you were a Jehovah's Witness, then I would not have to consider your arguments as legitimate, since Jehovah's Witnesses followed a false prophet - someone who made false predictions as to when Jesus was going to return.....

1: I am not prejudging you.
Could have fooled me.
I am still waiting for you to provide an answer.
You will not get one as my beliefs are not up for debate.
If you are unable to identify yourself in relation to YHWH, then yes - there is nothing you can say which would count as argument against what I am saying.
Since when do people have to 'identify' themselves? I have not asked you to identify yourself. I don't need to because I don't care what religion a person is to talk to them, listen to them and examine what they present.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prejudge
prejudge verb

pre·​judge | \ (ˌ)prē-ˈjəj

transitive verb
: to judge before hearing or before full and sufficient examination

Prejudged I am then if you think everything you need to know about me is what my religion is. Just knowing my religion is not a full and sufficient examination. That's like saying every Muslim is a terrorist. Why? Because they are Muslim?
Last edited by 2timothy316 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

William
Savant

Post #24

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #22]

You said:
We see this many times when Christians argue about when something in the bible should be symbolic or absolute.
I replied:
Yes, but we also see that Christians who do this are unwilling to do the detective work to0, so one cancels out the other.
To clarify, what I am saying is that if Christians cannot agree together, then whatever beliefs they have about anything to do with what is symbolic or what is absolute which are not agreed upon, these beliefs as arguments, are cancelled out or not legitimate or of no importance in relation to this detective doing this inquiry.

Just as your beliefs about 'how a real God should behave' are besides the point - they are of no value in this particular inquiry as they contradict what is said about YHWH in the bible, and the premise of said inquiry is to assume the story is true and using that to then see what can be shown about the overall nature of YHWH through that biblical medium.

Which said another way, if the premise were your one [That a God should be "such and such and so and so"], then you would have a point.

William
Savant

Post #25

Post by William »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:30 pm
William wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:26 pm Because if you were a Jehovah's Witness, then I would not have to consider your arguments as legitimate, since Jehovah's Witnesses followed a false prophet - someone who made false predictions as to when Jesus was going to return.....

Could have fooled me.
Since when do people have to 'identify' themselves? I have not asked you to identify yourself. I don't need to because I don't care what religion a person is to talk to them, listen to them and examine what they present.

prejudge verb

transitive verb

Prejudged I am then if you think everything you need to know is what my religion is.
I cannot examine all things if one of those things is kept hidden. I don't actually mind if you hide them, as they are not up for debate anyhow, so there is no need for me to listen to any of your beliefs, should you continue to chose to share them in this thread. [this thread subject etc and all within it is up for debate so anything you do not want to debate is best kept out of this thread].
Last edited by William on Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #26

Post by 2timothy316 »

William wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:41 pm

Could have fooled me.

prejudge verb

transitive verb

Prejudged I am then if you think everything you need to know is what my religion is.
I cannot examine all things if one of those things is kept hidden.
It has no bearing on the topic at hand. I'm doing just fine not knowing what your religion is. I'm focused on what your presenting and don't care about who taught it to you.
Last edited by 2timothy316 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Savant

Post #27

Post by William »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:42 pm
William wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:41 pm

Could have fooled me.

prejudge verb

transitive verb

I cannot examine all things if one of those things is kept hidden.
It has no bearing on the topic at hand. I'm doing just fine not knowing what your religion is.
I cannot examine all things if one of those things is kept hidden. I don't actually mind if you hide them, as they are not up for debate anyhow, so there is no need for me to listen to any of your beliefs, should you continue to chose to share them in this thread. [this thread subject etc and all within it is up for debate so anything you do not want to debate is best kept out of this thread].

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #28

Post by 2timothy316 »

William wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:43 pm
I cannot examine all things if one of those things is kept hidden. I don't actually mind if you hide them, as they are not up for debate anyhow, so there is no need for me to listen to any of your beliefs, should you continue to chose to share them in this thread.
I'm not the one that needs to be examined. It's the OP right? Or are we done with that? That is the beauty of a public forum. You don't have to listen to me or respond to me. I could have told you anything and it would have been the same response anyway. This is not a good showing for your 'spirit lead' investigation. There is no need for you to listen to anyone's beliefs. You could come here and just listen to yourself I guess. But if you want input then you're going to have to stop caring what someone's religion is and focus on the person. You're not speaking with a religion, you're speaking with a person.
[this thread subject etc and all within it is up for debate so anything you do not want to debate is best kept out of this thread].
That is exactly what I'm doing and because of that is appears you're abandoning the rest of the debate. Cool with me. I have said my peace on the term "inspired by God' and your investigation into my religion is not going to give you answers into the topic of this thread.

William
Savant

Post #29

Post by William »

William wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:48 pm
William wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:32 pm The interesting thing about biblical stories that are inspired by concepts -in this case the concept of a Creator with many names, of which I choose YHWH for the purpose of this thread - is that they [the biblical stories] in turn, inspire one to understand the story in terms that the story itself inspires.
As an example, such stories inspire me to think about the God in the following way;

He is a recognizable being and has a recognizable form which is Hermaphrodite, but he leans toward the male aspect of his makeup.

From The Story inspired by YHWH:
Genesis 1/27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him;

YHWH is the product of the combined melding of creative abilities of a Father and a Mother Creator. He has an Hermaphrodite parent. The parent is the creator of the God YHWH. Such parents create Gods as offspring.

Genesis 1/27
male and female created he them.

In this YHWH split the Hermaphrodite aspects into a pair. Each of the pair represent the differing aspects of YHWH.

I think I am inspired by YHWH to know these things about YHWH...through the biblical accounts which YHWH inspired humans to write.
So from the above we can see that YHWH - in creating human kind in his image, shows us that he did so by creating two beings from the one image - YHWH being that image or original template in which the pair were both modelled from.

Now because we also know that one was taken from the other, [the female taken from bone sample] something was "cloned" from the human male in order to create the human female, and this - as we know because of our present knowledge regarding DNA - is reminiscent of a process of science ...

So the original template being Hermaphrodite [YHWH being an Hermaphrodite] became 'two'...two beings made from the one.

We thus can appreciate that YHWH [a God] also had parents and likely even siblings. We know this because of the biblical evidence which mentions YHWH had company.

Genesis 1/26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

We also know that Jesus is understood to be YHWH in human form - so YHWH can wear whatever skin he wants to do so for whatever task he wants to perform within his creation...

We also know that there is The Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit...and since we understand that with a Father and a Son, there also has to be a Mother, we can identify The Holy Spirit as the Mother.

So the 'Us' can at least be seen as those three beings who worked in congruent with each other in the process of creating this universe and placing an image of their forms into that creation.

Since Adam represents the Father and Son aspect, this leaves only the Mother {Spirit} aspect to represent the female, which might explain why the female form was created from the bone sample of the male form...perhaps because the Mother aspect present in Adam, was unable to reproduce without her being 'in the form of' a separate female.

We do not know exactly why this had to be the case, or even if it did have to be the case. What we do know is that it was the way in which YHWH chose to do things.

We could even surmise that "YHWH" really represents a whole species which could consist of multitudes of individual Hermaphrodites with one thing in common, and that is that they share the same mind...they are individuals who's minds are all connected, enabling them to be One Entity while at the same time having 'parts' which serve different functions.

But for the purpose of this examination, while that surmising is legitimate, the whole Species is represented in the one being called YHWH and in YHWH three specific beings are represented as The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost [Mother].

onewithhim
Savant

Post #30

Post by onewithhim »

I just want to say that our Creator does not have "many names." It is clear to any serious student of the Bible that our Creator has ONE name, and it is YHWH, or, Jehovah. Other words associated with his name are TITLES (Lord, God, Repurchaser, Holy One, Father, Ancient of Days, Most High, etc.). Whenever he says "my name is..." he always says "YHWH," which is commonly translated as "Jehovah." Period. Names like "Jehovah-Nissi" or "Jehovah-Jireh" are names given to places or things associated with a victory or blessing FROM Jehovah. They are not more names OF Jehovah.