Inspired By YHWH

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Inspired By YHWH

Post #1

Post by William »

The interesting thing about biblical stories that are inspired by concepts -in this case the concept of a Creator with many names, of which I choose YHWH for the purpose of this thread - is that they [the biblical stories] in turn, inspire one to understand the story in terms that the story itself inspires.

Do you agree with this? If not, what are your arguments against this being the case.

William
Savant

Re: Inspired By YHWH

Post #2

Post by William »

William wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:32 pm The interesting thing about biblical stories that are inspired by concepts -in this case the concept of a Creator with many names, of which I choose YHWH for the purpose of this thread - is that they [the biblical stories] in turn, inspire one to understand the story in terms that the story itself inspires.
As an example, such stories inspire me to think about the God in the following way;

He is a recognizable being and has a recognizable form which is Hermaphrodite, but he leans toward the male aspect of his makeup.

From The Story inspired by YHWH:
Genesis 1/27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him;

YHWH is the product of the combined melding of creative abilities of a Father and a Mother Creator. He has an Hermaphrodite parent. The parent is the creator of the God YHWH. Such parents create Gods as offspring.

From The Story inspired by YHWH:
Genesis 1/27
male and female created he them.

In this YHWH split the Hermaphrodite aspects into a pair. Each of the pair represent the differing aspects of YHWH.

I think I am inspired by YHWH to know these things about YHWH...through the biblical accounts which YHWH inspired humans to write.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #3

Post by 2timothy316 »

[Replying to William in post #2]
A person under inspiration by God had two things when writing the Bible.

First they got what they were supposed to write about from either a vision, dream or from an angel. Like John did.
"A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John." - Rev 1:1

They also were under the influence of God's Holy Spirit.
"For you know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit." - 2 Peter 1:20, 21

'Inspired by God' is not the same as being 'inspired' by a story we hear to make up another story. An inspiration by God brings prophecy. Information that is from Jehovah God and not just thought up by a person.

William
Savant

Post #4

Post by William »

[Replying to 2timothy316 in post #3]
'Inspired by God' is not the same as being 'inspired' by a story we hear to make up another story. An inspiration by God brings prophecy. Information that is from Jehovah God and not just thought up by a person.
It would appear the argument here is that one cannot be inspired by YHWH, [aka "Jehovah" aka "God"] to being inspired by biblical stories about YHWH, to in turn be inspired by YHWH to have those stories come to life in relation to YHWH as The Creator.
In this it would seem that what is being argued is that one should be inspired only by the stories about YHWH. One can be 'inspired by the stories that we hear, [assumingly under the influence of God's Holy Spirit.] but one be inspired by those stories to then engage with the minds-eye in order to sensibly understand what those stories imply about the nature of YHWH...at least not under the influence of God's Holy Spirit.

Interesting.

In relations to such a reply/argument, in being thus inspired, doing, I am not attempting to write scripture while "under the influence" of God's Holy Spirit. [Or any other Spirit]

That is not what the OPQ is asking.

The statement preceding the OPQ is;

"The interesting thing about biblical stories that are inspired by concepts [of a Creator] is that they [the biblical stories] in turn, inspire one to understand the story in terms that the story itself inspires."

And the questions being asked about that is;

Q: Do you agree with this
Q: If not, what are your arguments against this being the case.

Your answers go off on another tangent.

The OP Statement is clearly asking about inspired relationship with YHWH if YHWH actually does exist and is indeed like the being presented in the bible.
The inspired relationship has to do with getting to know that being from the information the bible tells us about that being. The information tells us about relationships individuals have with YHWH, but the information does not in itself give us said relationship with YHWH.

In other words, even that the bible is inspired by YHWH, it cannot give us relationship with YHWH. It may inspire one to want relationship with YHWH, and in that, acts as a bridge of sorts allowing the individual to have access to 'the lands of YHWH' as it were.

Staying on the bridge in not really having a relationship with YHWH. It is like having a relationship with the bridge.

I am fully inspired to understand that all the stories in the bible are true accounts. of actual happenings.

William
Savant

Post #5

Post by William »

What else about the biblical stories of YHWH inspire me?

It appears YHWH comes from something of a mystical place [to us - not to him of course] not too far away from the activity of his creation. Perhaps no more that a gentle breath away...or perhaps as far as a school bus travels...

As an analogy which humans can identify with;

The Story Begins
Once outside of time, there was a brilliant student called YHWH who excelled in the studies which he undertook to help him mature as a God. His parents, [Father/Mother Spirit] were beings who created Gods.

But being a God required learning the ropes and in this, YHWH modelled his own experience when creating his project and the other students [also Gods] marveled at his brilliance and attention to details.

This is not to say that his creation was perfect, for like all creations, they had to be tested by the God who created them, to see what faults might be revealed.

YHWH decided to create beings within his creation which would have the same properties as himself, only rather than create the one, he wanted to see what would happen if he "split the cell" [so to speak] so that there were two distinctly separate beings which then would have to mate in order to reproduce.

The other students marveled at his thinking outside the box...and were greatly interested in YHWHs experiment.

Only - it didn't go as YHWH had thought it should....and then many of the student-Gods - as well as YHWH - thought it might have been best just to have created the one being rather than both of them. Or perhaps not have even placed being into the creation.

The ongoing result of this creation experiment resulted in YHWH regretting that he had gone along with the experiment and he decided to wash the creation down and start again...but then he noticed that one human being seemed to want a relationship with him, and was so very different from all the other human beings...but he also knew that he still had to wash away the disaster before he could ensure this one humans safety.

This gave YHWH great hope that his experiment would work out as he had intended it to...

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #6

Post by 2timothy316 »

William wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:52 pm [Replying to 2timothy316 in post #3]
It would appear the argument here is that one cannot be inspired by YHWH, [aka "Jehovah" aka "God"] to being inspired by biblical stories about YHWH, to in turn be inspired by YHWH to have those stories come to life in relation to YHWH as The Creator.
I don't know if it's an argument, but the Bible is clear about what the a Bible writer experienced when writing. Given a vision such as Ezekiel, sent an angelic messenger such as John, and/or a dream placed in a person's mind like perhaps Moses. All had one thing in common, they wrote under the influence of God's Holy Spirit.

"Hear my words, please. If there was a prophet of Jehovah among you, I would make myself known to him in a vision, and I would speak to him in a dream." - Numbers 12:6
In this it would seem that what is being argued is that one should be inspired only by the stories about YHWH.
Not about but FROM.
One can be 'inspired by the stories that we hear, [assumingly under the influence of God's Holy Spirit.] but one be inspired by those stories to then engage with the minds-eye in order to sensibly understand what those stories imply about the nature of YHWH...at least not under the influence of God's Holy Spirit.
One can be inspired to do or say whatever they want, that doesn't make it prophecy, part of canon, from God or even true.
In relations to such a reply/argument, in being thus inspired, doing, I am not attempting to write scripture while "under the influence" of God's Holy Spirit. [Or any other Spirit]

"The interesting thing about biblical stories that are inspired by concepts [of a Creator] is that they [the biblical stories] in turn, inspire one to understand the story in terms that the story itself inspires."

If you say so. Yet I'm wanting to make sure that the concept of 'inspired by God' was accurate. That one didn't just think of the Creator and start writing whatever they felt like writing. If a person is inspired to write something because of an account the wrote in the Bible, good for them. Does it make it true and something everyone should listen to? No. So if you say what I am saying has noting to do with what you're talking about then disregard my posts.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:32 pm The interesting thing about biblical stories that are inspired by concepts -in this case the concept of a Creator with many names, of which I choose YHWH for the purpose of this thread - is that they [the biblical stories] in turn, inspire one to understand the story in terms that the story itself inspires.

Do you agree with this? If not, what are your arguments against this being the case.
Is this the same as a self fulfilling prophecy?
Or like how a word shouldn't be used to define itself?
That the bible and its stories are said to be true or accurate or correct because the bible's stories claim that to be the case?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

William
Savant

Post #8

Post by William »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:18 am
William wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:52 pm [Replying to 2timothy316 in post #3]
I don't know if it's an argument, but the Bible is clear about what the a Bible writer experienced when writing. Given a vision such as Ezekiel, sent an angelic messenger such as John, and/or a dream placed in a person's mind like perhaps Moses. All had one thing in common, they wrote under the influence of God's Holy Spirit.
Well isn't that the whole point as to why one is inspired?

This is a debate setting so, certainly do present such argument if it is relative to the topic.
"Hear my words, please. If there was a prophet of Jehovah among you, I would make myself known to him in a vision, and I would speak to him in a dream." - Numbers 12:6

In this it would seem that what is being argued is that one should be inspired only by the stories about YHWH.
Not about but FROM.
From, about and to who it may concern etc et al.
One can be 'inspired by the stories that we hear, [assumingly under the influence of God's Holy Spirit.] but one can also be inspired by those stories to then engage with the minds-eye in order to sensibly understand what those stories imply about the nature of YHWH...at least not under the influence of God's Holy Spirit.
One can be inspired to do or say whatever they want, that doesn't make it prophecy, part of canon, from God or even true.
Is not being inspired by Father YHWH the same as being "Under the influence" of the Holy Mother Spirit? I don't see why not.

If you say so. Yet I'm wanting to make sure that the concept of 'inspired by God' was accurate.
Well I am not one to go off following known false prophets, who predict events [such as the return of Jesus] while claiming to be inspired by God while 'under the influence of The Holy Spirit' only to have such predictions fail.
But I am one who thinks that those who do follow such false prophets do not deserve any attention, re any advice they might offer in relation to my relationship with YHWH.
By the sounds of it, you would agree with me on that, yes?
That one didn't just think of the Creator and start writing whatever they felt like writing.
I suppose that is the nature of being under the influence of the Holy Spirit...it is a feeling and intuitive event...but that is for another topic...
If a person is inspired to write something because of an account the wrote in the Bible, good for them.

Does it make it true and something everyone should listen to? No.
I would say it would depend on the nature of what is written about what is written. Does it deviate from the main storyline from whence the inspiration is drawn? If not, then there should be no reason why one cannot go along with it. One can always debate such details to show why [whatever] cannot be the case.

I look at it like detective work. Examining all things, and placing the pieces together. Altogether the bible stories in relation to YHWH do, at least, give us that information, so there is indeed something to work with.
So if you say what I am saying has noting to do with what you're talking about then disregard my posts.
I would rather point out to you if and when that is the case so that you have opportunity to correct yourself. You are certainly welcome to contribute what you want to the thread if it aligns with the actual OP subject, and indeed, if you feel that anything I say in regard to my inspired detective work, you should point that out giving clear reasons as to any objection you might make.

William
Savant

Post #9

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:39 am

That the bible and its stories are said to be true or accurate or correct because the bible's stories claim that to be the case?
It is more the case of accepting the evidence as it has been presented, without being concerned as to whether such evidence is 'true' or 'false'...one simply takes what is said about the main Character [YHWH] and from that evidence, see if one can get a broader idea as to the nature of said character.

For example, YHWH is able to enter into his creation and interact with different characters within the creation. YHWH can 'suit up' in any 'skin' he so chooses to use for whatever particular purpose he wants to do so.

We know this, from what the bible stories tell us...

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #10

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:43 am
nobspeople wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:39 am

It is more the case of accepting the evidence as it has been presented, without being concerned as to whether such evidence is 'true' or 'false'...one simply takes what is said about the main Character [YHWH] and from that evidence, see if one can get a broader idea as to the nature of said character.

For example, YHWH is able to enter into his creation and interact with different characters within the creation. YHWH can 'suit up' in any 'skin' he so chooses to use for whatever particular purpose he wants to do so.

We know this, from what the bible stories tell us...
Ah OK. Thanks for the clarification.
IMO, we can't truly understand a god if this god is perfect, immortal, all knowing and all powerful. Best we could glimpse is a passing ideal of said deity-thing-creature-god. Our brains aren't capable of absorbing such a thing.

Looking at the bible, there seems to be a personality difference, of sorts, between the NT god and the OT god, which further clouds any potential of understanding its nature other than, it's all powerful, all knowing, at al.

That said, one can believe in (or not) anything they want, no matter what is or isn't available to them. Once that belief is founded in their own biasness, then they can 'understand' the nature of this being. Though, I'd submit this nature of the being is really their own nature, manifested in a more agreeable form.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!