Predestination Theology

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Predestination Theology

Post #1

Post by William »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:01 pm I don't think the false predestination god should be the one to define that seeing how he is willing to torture people eternally for conditions that he placed on them. The false predestination god is a sicko.
Q:1 Is there a "True Predestination God?"

Q2: Even if hellish experiences exist for individuals, does this mean that the god is "a sicko"?

Or

Q:2.1 Is the god only a "Sicko" if those hellish experiences last forever for said individuals?

tam
Savant

Re: Predestination Theology

Post #151

Post by tam »

Peace to you William,
William wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:55 pm [Replying to tam in post #148]
The suffering that occurs here and now is real; it comes as a consequence to actions (either one's own actions or the actions of others). The suffering that you are speaking of is illusion, deception, a lie - and this is in contradiction to what Christ said He would do (lead His sheep into all truth, come back and bring us - who belong to Him - to where He is, where He prepares a place for us in the Father's house.)
I see you misunderstanding is that you have yet to appreciate the underlying premise. [UP]

Underlying Premise [UP]
"The Creator is the only reality"

Therefore;

IF
the UP is Truth...
THEN
The creation is subsequently not real. [illusion - perspective has to reflect that truth...]
That's a bit "IF", William, and I have absolutely no reason to accept it. Nor does your OP mention it. Nor does Christ teach it.
This is yet another contradiction, William. It makes no sense. There is nothing good in the system that you are presenting. There is no point to it; it is just messing with people. That is not good.
"Messing with people"? How does teaching Spirits the truth of their illusions equate to 'messing' with them?
I think you know that I mean the illusions (the deceit) is what messes with people.
B - I doubt the audience would be so enthralled if the magician made it so that they suffered 'hellish experiences' as you called them.
Some Spirits want hellish experiences Tammy. Not eternal ones, of course...that would be silly.
The audience is not so enthralled with the current reality experience, but neither are they aware that it isn't actual real.

In your analogy, you said that the audience is aware that the illusion is not real. Yet another contradiction.

You are implying deceit when you say things like this, and that is what you have with the system you are presenting.

But there is no deceit in Christ. He does not lie to us.
Just because someone does not tell the whole truth does not imply that they are lying Tammy. It may simply be because the whole truth is beyond their listeners ability to comprehend, so bytes of truth are acceptable. The Creator does not give us more than we are able to handle at any one time. We digest the byte, and in doing so are being prepared for the next byte.
The problem here is that if the new 'byte' contradicts the original 'byte', the original 'byte' was always a lie.

The things you claim are in contradiction to Christ. So either the 'bytes' you are presenting are lies; or the 'bytes' He taught from the start were lies. I'm certainly not going to believe you (or any other person or thing) over Christ.

You don't even know if the things you are claiming are true. You said this to me yourself.
I need only remain in Christ (the Truth).

But perhaps you should put some more thought into this system that you are presenting. Because the system itself is an illusion; deception. Not truth. That is not even in question. The entire system that you have presented is, by its very nature, a lie.

It cannot come from the Truth.
No. It is not a lie Tammy.

By definition an illusion is a deception.

That does not come from Christ. On the other hand, the Adversary (the one called Satan) is the father of lies. You might want to give that one some thought.

Peace still to you.

William
Savant

Post #152

Post by William »

Universal Balance and Harmony.

[Replying to tam in post #152]

I see you misunderstanding is that you have yet to appreciate the underlying premise. [UP]

Underlying Premise [UP]

Therefore;

IF
the UP is Truth...
THEN
The creation is subsequently not real. [illusion - perspective has to reflect that truth...]
That's a bit "IF", William,
Are you claiming that The Creator is not the only reality Tammy?
and I have absolutely no reason to accept it.
So what? What reason do you have to reject it?
Nor does your OP mention it.
It is still connected to the OP, but as you should be aware, I have mentioned this in my correspondence with you.
Nor does Christ teach it.
What makes you think Christ does not teach this? Perhaps you mean, Christ has not taught you this?
"Messing with people"? How does teaching Spirits the truth of their illusions equate to 'messing' with them?
I think you know that I mean the illusions (the deceit) is what messes with people.
Illusions are not necessarily for the purpose of 'deceit' Tammy. I think you know this.

IF the Spirits are under illusion and Christ wants them to come into all truth, isn't it the point that the Spirits who are ignorant of all truth, makes the ignorance the device in which the illusion is created?
The only deceit which can be identified, must have to do with something other than ignorance on the Spirits part.
Sure. IF the Spirit is told any truth and prefers to not believe it, THEN deceit has entered into the situation and the illusion remains - not as it first did - from ignorance - but now, from deceit.

[in this case - self deceit. since the Spirit prefers to think of itself as the human flesh device even when told that it is not]
In your analogy, you said that the audience is aware that the illusion is not real.
Sure. In your case I would say that if you are not aware the show is magic and believe it is real - then the analogy would be along the lines that the person sitting next to you [me] is telling you that what you are witnessing is not real, and explaining how the trick is performed, but you are saying "no! It is real!"
Just because someone does not tell the whole truth does not imply that they are lying Tammy. It may simply be because the whole truth is beyond their listeners ability to comprehend, so bytes of truth are acceptable. The Creator does not give us more than we are able to handle at any one time. We digest the byte, and in doing so are being prepared for the next byte.
The problem here is that if the new 'byte' contradicts the original 'byte', the original 'byte' was always a lie.
Nope. The lie [if indeed there was one] was to convince the individual the truth [real] is that they are only the flesh

However the individual got that information, the individual believed it and therefore believes the show is real when it is not actually real.

No one told Adam it was real. Adam decided for himself to see himself the way that he did. Adam told himself that he was 'naked'. [Genesis 3~11]
The things you claim are in contradiction to Christ.
If that is a claim Tammy, there is no support accompanying it. You simply saying I am "contradicting Christ" does not mean that is the actual case.
You don't even know if the things you are claiming are true. You said this to me yourself.
I also said I do not know if they are false either. I said that the information available points to it being the case that these things are true.

Search "Astral Travel" "OOBE's" "NDE's" for extra-biblical information on this.
No. This is because, by definition, Illusion is not deception.

But IF you want to play the definition game, THEN I accept that deception is therefore not always a 'bad' thing.

You seem to use the word in that manner.

Here is a simply optical deception then;

Is the above deception- in your opinion - "evil" [bad]?

tam
Savant

Post #153

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
William wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:29 pm Universal Balance and Harmony.

Underlying Premise [UP]

Therefore;

IF
the UP is Truth...
THEN
Of course.

God (the God and Father of Christ; the Creator - though perhaps not the being you are referring to) is real. His Son - the Christ - is the Truth. He is also real.

That is just to start. But just the Son being real is enough of a reason to reject the statement that the "Creator" is the only reality.
and I have absolutely no reason to accept it.
So what? What reason do you have to reject it?
Simply accepting everything that people claim is not my default position.

I do not have to have a reason to reject something. I have to have a reason to ACCEPT something.

That being said, Christ - the Truth - the Son of God, is also real. I am a real person. The spiritual realm is a real place; the physical realm is a real place. There is deception and lies in this world, but that does not mean that the planet itself is an illusion.

It is still connected to the OP, but as you should be aware, I have mentioned this in my correspondence with you.
What makes you think Christ does not teach this? Perhaps you mean, Christ has not taught you this?
He has not taught me this, that is correct. He also did not teach it in what is written, that would be correct. Hence, I have no reason to accept it. Especially since the rest of what you claim is in contradiction to those things He has taught me (as we have previously discussed).
Illusions are not necessarily for the purpose of 'deceit' Tammy. I think you know this.
But they are not truth. Christ speaks and teaches and IS, Truth.
Nope. The lie [if indeed there was one] was to convince the individual the truth [real] is that they are only the flesh

However the individual got that information, the individual believed it and therefore believes the show is real when it is not actually real.

No one told Adam it was real. Adam decided for himself to see himself the way that he did. Adam told himself that he was 'naked'. [Genesis 3~11]
I think you have sidestepped the point. The things that you are claiming are in contradiction to Christ and His word - meaning either the original 'byte' was a lie or the new 'byte' is a lie. You can claim that I have not supported that statement (that your claims are in contradiction with Christ), but that is just because I am not repeating myself ad nauseum. See previous posts on this thread (as well as in the links).

No. This is because, by definition, Illusion is not deception.

Definition of illusion

1a(1) : a misleading image presented to the vision : optical illusion
(2) : something that deceives or misleads intellectually
b(1) : perception of something objectively existing in such a way as to cause misinterpretation of its actual nature
(2) : hallucination sense 1
(3) : a pattern capable of reversible perspective
2a(1) : the state or fact of being intellectually deceived or misled : misapprehension
(2) : an instance of such deception
b obsolete : the action of deceiving

But IF you want to play the definition game, THEN I accept that deception is therefore not always a 'bad' thing.

It is the opposite of truth.

Christ is the Truth. He speaks truth. He teaches truth.

Good or bad, it is not true. In this case, the eyes deceive us. The eyes are not seeing what is TRUE.

Just read the caption: FALSE warping effect.

Peace again to you.

William
Savant

Post #154

Post by William »

Underlying Premise [UP]

Therefore;

IF
the UP is Truth...
THEN
Of course.
You do understand that I am saying that The Creator Consciousness is real and that which is created is not, don't you?
Christ is the Creator Consciousness.

That which is within the creation {Spirit} is that which is real
I am a real person.

Of Course you are. If what you mean is that you are Spirit within human form. Spirit [The Creator] is real. Form [The Created] is not. It is costume. The Costume will become dust. It is temporary. Temporary is not real when compared with the Eternal.
The spiritual realm is a real place; the physical realm is a real place.
Both are places of form. Spirit can occupy both places, but neither place is real. Spirit occupying them makes them appear to be real.
He has not taught me this, that is correct.
Yes. That is very apparent.
He also did not teach it in what is written, that would be correct.
Of course he did. He even taught it using his new body after leaving the tomb!
Hence, I have no reason to accept it. Especially since the rest of what you claim is in contradiction to those things He has taught me (as we have previously discussed)
That Christ hasn't taught you this, does not mean that he has not tried to do so. Keep that in mind Tammy.
But they are not truth.
That is what I have been saying Tammy. We are not the flesh.
Christ speaks and teaches and IS, Truth.
Well it is a start as it were. Truth leads to more truth etc...eventually it leads to all truth. Christ wants you to know all truth, right? Not just some truth, or perhaps just the truth that you will accept.

I think you have sidestepped the point.

Or, what I have done is keep the focus on the original point. Do you accept that no one told Adam it was real?
Do you accept that Adam decided for himself to see himself the way that he did. [as the flesh device rather than as the Spirit within the flesh device?]
Do you accept that Adam told himself that he was 'naked'?

If so, then you can easily change the way you also self identify Tammy. Do you not hear Christ telling you that you are Spirit?

It is the opposite of truth.
Does Christ want you to learn only part truth Tammy? Would you not want to learn all truth?

Good or bad, it is not true. In this case, the eyes deceive us. The eyes are not seeing what is TRUE.
So is it good or bad for you to see the truth that you are Spirit within human flesh?

If you are that, but do not accept that, it is not because the illusion is false. It is because the false [self identification] is that which is causing the illusion. [The illusion that things are real].

tam
Savant

Post #155

Post by tam »

William wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:32 pm
You do understand that I am saying that The Creator Consciousness is real and that which is created is not, don't you?
You say a lot of things William. Most of which I cannot accept (for reasons already stated).

Christ is the Son of God.
I am a real person.

Of Course you are. If what you mean is that you are Spirit within human form.

I am pretty sure I do not mean what you mean when you say 'spirit within human form'.

I am spirit; I am also human.
Spirit [The Creator] is real. Form [The Created] is not. It is costume. The Costume will become dust. It is temporary. Temporary is not real when compared with the Eternal.
You're speaking figuratively then when you say not real. Because temporary does not equal illusion. Temporary is not defined as unreal.

If you're going to define words in your own unique way, then you should explain that you are not using words as they actually mean.
Both are places of form. Spirit can occupy both places, but neither place is real. Spirit occupying them makes them appear to be real.
Both the spiritual and the physical realms are real.

I think I am going to end things here, William. I think more than enough has been said (on this thread and others). I would just be repeating myself.

Peace again to you.

William
Savant

Post #156

Post by William »

tam wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:55 pm
William wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:32 pm
Christ is the Son of God.
What exactly do you think a Son of God is Tammy? [John 1:12]
I am a real person.

Of Course you are. If what you mean is that you are Spirit within human form.

I am pretty sure I do not mean what you mean when you say 'spirit within human form'.
If you think you are just the flesh or 'a bit of both' then no - we are not saying the same thing Tammy.
I am spirit; I am also human.
That is what I am referring to as the illusion created by the individual self identification Tammy. Without the full transition, you are not in the "all truth" Christ leads us to.
Spirit [The Creator] is real. Form [The Created] is not. It is costume. The Costume will become dust. It is temporary. Temporary is not real when compared with the Eternal.
You're speaking figuratively then when you say not real.
I am speaking literally when I say I am Spirit within human flesh. I have no illusions that I am the human flesh. I am not 'both'. I am the one [eternal] experiencing the other [temporary].
Because temporary does not equal illusion. Temporary is not defined as unreal.
It depends upon perspective Tammy. The Creator sees all which is not real, as being temporary. Illusion is temporary.
If you're going to define words in your own unique way, then you should explain that you are not using words as they actually mean.
If you now think this is what I have done, then what word would you use?
Both the spiritual and the physical realms are real.
They can be experienced as real. That is why I say that it is that which experiences things, which is real in comparison to that which is not.

Otherwise you would have to argue that things created are equal with The Creator. To say so would be to argue that things created have always existed - just as The Creator has always existed.
I think I am going to end things here, William. I think more than enough has been said (on this thread and others). I would just be repeating myself.
Go thy way as you will on this Tammy. I will continue to encourage you into All Truth, as this is what The Christ would have me do.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #157

Post by PinSeeker »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:15 pm
PinSeeker wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:50 pm We agree that man is mortal, but man is also eternal.
If mankind is eternal and exists forever as you claim, then why did God separate them from the Tree of Life "lest they eat from it and live forever"?
This is the thing you either can't get or won't get, myth-one. You cannot (or will not -- or both) in your mind separate the temporal (of or relating to time and earthly life) from the eternal (relating to eternity, the age to come, after earthly life). You're "question" here is sort of like, "Well, if whales are mammals, then why is Christmas in December?" :) But not being able -- for whatever reason -- to make that separation is like not being able to separate light from darkness, or day from night.

We are not and will never be eternal in the sense of having existed in eternity past as God did -- we were created -- but we are certainly eternal in the sense that we will exist into eternity future. This is a very significant part of being made in God's image. God does not annihilate what He made to be very good, but He renews it, restores it to its original very good state. This is God's promise in the third chapter of Genesis:
  • After pronouncing the curse on both Eve (and all women after her; pain in childbearing, desire contrary to husbands) and Adam (and all men after him; pain, toil, and trouble), God says this will only last for their mortal, temporal lives... in this life... but not forever.
The fact that our mortal lives come to an end is actually a grace! But the point is that here in Genesis 3, God is differentiating (distinguishing between) the temporal and the eternal. Then we fast-forward to the end of the Bible, to when Jesus returns, and this is exactly what God says in Revelation 21:5... "Behold, I am making all things new." He doesn't say, myth-one, that He is making "all new things," as in things that never existed before then. He says He is making all things -- all things that were previously created, man, woman, even the Garden itself -- new. And there will be no more sin, no more suffering, every tear will be wiped from our eyes, and all sorrow and sighing will flee away. Forever.

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:15 pm Is eternal not forever?
Sure it is. See above.

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:15 pm Does God not understand how He created man?
LOL! See above.

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:15 pm Or does he also believe the serpent's lie that man shall not surely die?
LOL! See above. And I'll add, as I have said before, that you apparently think God was lying to Adam when He said, “You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die” (Genesis 2:16-17, emphasis mine). Satan refuted God's words and deceived Eve, saying, “You will not surely die," and you apparently suffer the same deception.

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:15 pm If man is eternal like the angels, why didn't God simply create more angels to replace those who rebelled?
LOL! See above.

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:15 pm Be expeditious!
LOL! :D See above.

Grace and peace to you.

tam
Savant

Post #158

Post by tam »

Peace to you both,
PinSeeker wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:12 am
myth-one.com wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:15 pm
PinSeeker wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:50 pm We agree that man is mortal, but man is also eternal.
If mankind is eternal and exists forever as you claim, then why did God separate them from the Tree of Life "lest they eat from it and live forever"?
This is the thing you either can't get or won't get, myth-one. You cannot (or will not -- or both) in your mind separate the temporal (of or relating to time and earthly life) from the eternal (relating to eternity, the age to come, after earthly life). You're "question" here is sort of like, "Well, if whales are mammals, then why is Christmas in December?" :) But not being able -- for whatever reason -- to make that separation is like not being able to separate light from darkness, or day from night.

We are not and will never be eternal in the sense of having existed in eternity past as God did -- we were created -- but we are certainly eternal in the sense that we will exist into eternity future.
We CAN exist into eternity future, but that is not automatic. That is a gift (and does require eating from the Tree of Life).
This is a very significant part of being made in God's image.

Adam was made in the image of God, and there was no sin or death in him. Adam did not remain in the image of God though, and his offspring came in his (Adam's) image after sin and death entered into him (and into the world). For example:

"When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth." Genesis 5:3

We are in Adam's image.

But we are being made into the image of Christ, who is Himself the image of God.

For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers. Romans 8:29

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18

God does not annihilate what He made to be very good, but He renews it, restores it to its original very good state. This is God's promise in the third chapter of Genesis:
  • After pronouncing the curse on both Eve (and all women after her; pain in childbearing, desire contrary to husbands) and Adam (and all men after him; pain, toil, and trouble), God says this will only last for their mortal, temporal lives... in this life... but not forever.
Then comes the resurrection of the dead and the judgment (unless one is in Christ, because such one has already crossed over from death to life and there is no judgment for those who are in Christ).

Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment. Indeed, he has crossed over from death to life. John 5:24

At the resurrection of the dead (the second resurrection), some are resurrected to life and some are resurrected to judgment and the second death (the lake of fire).

The fact that our mortal lives come to an end is actually a grace! But the point is that here in Genesis 3, God is differentiating (distinguishing between) the temporal and the eternal. Then we fast-forward to the end of the Bible, to when Jesus returns, and this is exactly what God says in Revelation 21:5... "Behold, I am making all things new." He doesn't say, myth-one, that He is making "all new things," as in things that never existed before then. He says He is making all things -- all things that were previously created, man, woman, even the Garden itself -- new. And there will be no more sin, no more suffering, every tear will be wiped from our eyes, and all sorrow and sighing will flee away. Forever.
If there are humans who exist in an eternal state of despair and suffering, weeping, sorrow, then that promise (that I bolded in your post) will never come true.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #159

Post by PinSeeker »

tam wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:06 pm We CAN exist into eternity future, but that is not automatic.
Yes it is, because God made us in His image. I mean I'm not sure I'd say "automatic," but, well, a given. But yes, all of us, believer or otherwise. We are all made IN God's image, but we are not THE image of God, of course; that is a very important distinction to make.
tam wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:06 pm That is a gift (and does require eating from the Tree of Life).
No, eternal life is a gift ("...the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" [Romans 6:23]), and that does require having access to the tree of Life, which we believers will all have when Christ comes back, ushering in eternity and the kingdom in its fullness. Eternal life and eternal existence are two different things, and both are realities. Existence in eternity will be a reality for all, but eternal life will only be experienced by God's elect.
tam wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:06 pm
PinSeeker wrote:This is a very significant part of being made in God's image.

Adam was made in the image of God, and there was no sin or death in him. Adam did not remain in the image of God though, and his offspring came in his (Adam's) image after sin and death entered into him (and into the world).
Not quite. Before the Fall, Adam did not yet know sin (had not sinned) and therefore was not yet subject to death. After the Fall, Adam remained in God's image (again, that word 'in' is very important), but fallen, and this state was subsequently bequeathed to the entire human race (and indeed all of creation itself).
tam wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:06 pm We are in Adam's image.
Yes, I agree. In Adam's image, and thus by extension in God's, but not the image of Adam, and certainly not the image of God. I'm not sure why you feel it necessary to make that point, but okay. However, since Adam is the federal head of the human race, we, by extension, like him, are in the image of God.
tam wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:06 pm But we are being made into the image of Christ, who is Himself the image of God.
Some of us, absolutely. To be more specific, we are being conformed to Christ. I think you agree with that. However -- and this is what I have been saying -- I think you would do well to quit thinking of the concept of 'image' in the Bible as a mere reflection; it is the thing itself (unless stated otherwise, of course, which it is; we are in the image of God and not the image -- the thing itself. And here is the crux of it. Christ IS the image of God, as you say. He IS the thing itself. And yes, we are being conformed to that image, but we will never actually BE Christ, but like Him, which is exactly what John says in 1 John 3:2 -- "...when (Christ) appears we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is."
tam wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:06 pm At the resurrection of the dead (the second resurrection), some are resurrected to life and some are resurrected to judgment and the second death (the lake of fire).
Agreed. Absolutely. Death is not equal to non-existence. Neither the first nor the second. John is very clear here. Yes, I know you think otherwise.
tam wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:06 pm
PinSeeker wrote:And there will be no more sin, no more suffering, every tear will be wiped from our eyes, and all sorrow and sighing will flee away. Forever.
If there are humans who exist in an eternal state of despair and suffering, weeping, sorrow, then that promise (that I bolded in your post) will never come true.
No, because that promise is only for those redeemed by Christ and residing in the new heaven and new earth with Him. All God's promises have their 'yes' and 'amen' in Christ.

Grace and peace to you.

William
Savant

Post #160

Post by William »

[Replying to PinSeeker in post #158]
We are not and will never be eternal in the sense of having existed in eternity past as God did -- we were created -- but we are certainly eternal in the sense that we will exist into eternity future. This is a very significant part of being made in God's image.
The problem with this is that it can cause more confusion than clarity.

When we understand that we have always existed and that we are "The Breath of The Creator" [re biblical mythology aka "In Gods Image"] and that the forms - human forms - which were created [and which we chose to be placed into] had the effect of blocking us off from that prior knowledge, [as we knew would happen, prior to incarnating into them], then the confusion dissipates significantly and the knowledge has the potential power to seal the fractal riffs.