Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

The Doctrine of Satan

Post #1

Post by William »

William wrote: ↑Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:08 pm
IF Jesus 'died that we may live" "For The Creator so loved the world...that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life" THEN what does that actually mean, if all are eternal beings already?
PinSeeker wrote:Are you asking this rhetorically? Or is this really a question in your mind? It's a good question. Maybe you're asking it of myth-one so that he might re-think his position(s)?
It is a bit of both really.

It appears to me that the Bible is an outline of the story of human beings in relation to Satan.

It is not really so much a 'manual for life given to us from a God' so much as it is an "explanation of Satan and the effect that entity has in relation to other spirit beings"

Christians often invoke "The Devil" as a retort when it becomes obvious to them that those they are trying to convince that their particular religion is the one to follow, reject their cliam. Any opposition to their position, is regarded as "The Devil".

Indeed, it is apparent that without "The Devil" Christianity would cease to exist as a bunch of religions.

So never-to-mind the conflicting versions of The Creator they have imaged into the world...if we look at what they claim about Satan, are they united in those claims?

One thing I notice about the attributes of Satan is that he appears to be only slightly less powerful than the God of the bible...and for that, also appears to be working in a sort of congruent manner with the GotB. Certainly the GotB finds Satan extremely useful in relation to dealing with spirits incarcerated into human form.

So Satan is something of an accuser. He is also portrayed as someone who likes to seed doubt into the individual, and confusion as consequence.

The mythology as generally believed by Christians is that Satan wanted to "become like God" rather than just be a god.

Obviously he cannot make his fellow eternal beings follow along with his crazy notions as they are equal to him in every way. Satan has this weird image of The Creator which he wants to bring into the spirt realm...a being on a throne worshiped as The Creator of all that is.

However, according to Christian mythology, this being actually does sit on a throne being worshipped by spirit beings [Angels etc] which seems to contradict the prior story, which leads to confusion.

The main problem with the belief in the doctrine of Satan is that if Satan wanted to be above that image, simply replacing The Creator with himself on the throne, won't achieve that.

So now we are looking at spirit beings worshiping an image of The Creator on a throne and Satan wanting to be an actual representation of the image being worship. He wanted to fill that position with a real being [him] rather than the one conjured up by Angels [eternal spiritual entities]

"NO!" Shout the Christians! The Creator was already the real being on The Throne! Satan wanted that position!

But that contradicts the idea that Satan wanted to be in a position even better [higher] than simply being the one on The Throne.

According to the general mythology, some of the fellow Angels got on board with Satan's idea while others [the greater number of] rejected the idea.

Then there is some almost nonsensical claims that somehow the greater number of Angels overpowered Satan and his followers, and The Creator on the throne then created the physical universe as a sure way to imprison eternal beings away from them having any more disruptive influence in the none material universe of the Angels [Angelic Realm] and their Creator.

Satan - thus incarcerated - then found a way in which he could disrupt the Angelic Realm by creating human beings.

"NO" shout the Christians. The Creator created human beings!

"Okay" I reply, "If that is the case, why did The Creator place spiritual entities into the human domain [physical universe]?"

The general reply is that it was 'the other way around' The Creator placed human beings into the same Universe [!!] in which The Creator had created to imprison Satan and his followers in.

So then one is entitled [and wise] to ask "Why" The Creator did this.

The obvious answer reverts back to the idea that the Human Form - being part of the physical universe was designed to house Satan and his followers, which then implies that we human beings are Satan and his followers.

So then we enter the Garden of Eden Story...the whole bible is a story about Satan and his Followers.

Is there any reason why the above isn't true?

William
Savant

Re: The Doctrine of Satan

Post #31

Post by William »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #31]
To continue, after creating the heaven and the earth good in verse one of Genesis chapter 1, Satan and a host of angels under his command were assigned to care for and have dominion over the earth.
Do you have support for this claim?
You just accepted above that Satan ruled over the earth and had underlings under his command.
I accepted your telling of it [claim] in order to go along with that particular interpretation. I am asking if you have any support for it.
Satan wanted to become like the most high God. God the Father.
As I pointed out, this idea seems unlikely unless Satan had formulated ideas about this 'most high God' in his own mind. If indeed Satan had actually witnessed the "most high God" Satan would have known one couldn't get any higher than that.

That is why I wrote in the OP;
Satan has this weird image of The Creator which he wants to bring into the spirit realm...a being on a throne worshiped as The Creator of all that is.

However, according to Christian mythology, this being actually does sit on a throne being worshipped by spirit beings [Angels etc] which seems to contradict the prior story, which leads to confusion.

The main problem with the belief in the doctrine of Satan is that if Satan wanted to be above that image, simply replacing The Creator with himself on the throne, won't achieve that.
In that I am saying, that all Satan would accomplish is becoming equal tonb[=], rather greater than [<] the image of the God on the throne.
So in that the Physical Universe, and primarily planet Earth are where these rebellious ones were sent. Assigned to "to care for and have dominion over the earth" as you put it...[not such a bad punishment for the uprising I suppose...]

No, they were initially assigned there as their place of work -- the earth was their "first estate" according to the Bible. They were created to live on and maintain the earth.
Yes - I got that. You also wrote that they were sent back to Earth, after the failed coup...or did I misread you there?

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. (Jude 1:6)
Those angels under Satan's control who rebelled are presently in "chains" awaiting judgment after the Second Coming of Christ:
Symbolically the "Chains" could very well represent the human form. They lost their original forms and were given forms which would make them less able to try another coup. The 'under darkness' certainly could symbolically refer to being imprisoned in this universe. Same universe - slightly different circumstance.
Being on the earth was not and is not now a punishment.
It well could be for Spirits who had more freedom once upon a time...after all - as you say yourself...
No other place in the universe has been found that could support physical life. And actually, it's worse that that. Man can comfortably survive only within a 4-5 mile thick area from the surface of the earth. And we are quickly destroying that area.
It seems reasonable that the reaction of Spirit beings within human [animal] flesh is to use that flesh in order to [attempt to] destroy the prison incarcerating them.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!... For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God... I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. (Isaiah 14:12-14)
Yes - that is why I wrote "The main problem with the belief in the doctrine of Satan is that if Satan wanted to be above that image, simply replacing The Creator with himself on the throne, won't achieve that." in the OP...
How can one "fall from heaven" if one has not even "ascended into heaven"? What are 'the stars of God"?
"Stars" is symbolism for angels in the Bible.

For example, although I do not know the exact number, one-third of the number of angels under Satan's control joined in his rebellion against God:
And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth... (Revelation 12:4)

Yes - so if that be the case, Lucifer was not attempting to be above The Creator - only equally to The Creator - and there yet again The Earth is mentioned. Perhaps a place where Spirits could 'lord over' and be creators. "Learn the ropes" so to speak...within the confines of the physical universe.

One Third of the Spirits agreed to be Lucifer's "subordinates" [helpers in achieving creative enterprise.]
Little is said about angels or gods, except that they are immortal spiritual bodied beings, are not restrained by the physical world, and can move "as the wind."
There is much information which can be accessed by the internet which clearly goes into detail as to what "Angels" are.
Mankind cannot understand things within the spiritual world.
That is not necessarily the case. Many Spirits can leave their human form and experience the 'spiritual world' and understand what it is they are experiencing and bring that memory of experience back to the human form.
Sure, once back within the human form, it can be difficult to understand, but not impossible. The human form acts as a retardant to full understanding, but enough understanding can still be gained in order to put the pieces together sufficiently enough...
The Creator then recreated the Earth back to its former glory...so - why - if The Creator could do this, was Lucifer and his fellow gardeners required to keep up maintenance mk1 Earth?
What is mk1?
It is in reference to you saying The Creator had a plan "B" - inferring there was a plan "A". I just said it another way [mk1 and mk2 "Mark I or Mark 1 often refers to the first version"].
No. Plan A was creating immortal angels to be earthly caretakers.

Plan B was creating mortal mankind, giving them a taste of life, and allowing them to accept or reject the job eternally by becoming angels.
It seems an ordinary follow through. Plan "A" angels used their forms in order to attempt a coup. They were prevented from doing so.
They were sent back to where they had been assigned {Earth} but this time in different forms. [Human] thus 'plan B' yes?
THERE ARE NO SPIRITS INCARCERATED IN HUMAN FORMS!
That is what you are told to believe, I can see as much in your arguments. But as I am showing, what you believe is the correct interpretation of the information you are drawing from, can just as easily be interpreted the way I am doing, and all that is required for that is to understand that if there is any deceit happening, it is in being taught to see ourselves and each other as NOT Spirits incarcerated within human forms.

Lets face it. If we were taught the we ARE Spirits in human forms, we might not be heading down the current path we are. Perhaps it was thought that if the rebel Spirits were incarcerated in animal bodies, they would humble themselves enough and do their job...but perhaps the human form is simply not an ideal one for Spirit to be placed within because of the amnesia it causes...unless pushing through that amnesia and into revelation is part of the renewing process and good for that purpose.
Why would any spirit want to be in a physical body? Perhaps the masochist angels?
Who said they had a choice? Were they not defeated? Is it for the defeated to then dictate the terms and conditions of their surrender?
There are two type of bodies -- natural and spiritual.
Material and immaterial.

The Immaterial one has some interesting attributes, if Jesus' new body has anything to show us, re the information on that.
Man is a natural body, and angels are spiritual bodies. Therefore, man remains lower than the angels.
Yes. Spirits in human forms have far less freedom of movement so in that sense one form is less useful for Spirits to occupy than the other.
Spirits themselves have and always will be - equal - in there true - formless - state.
The Bible specifically states that they do not mix.
Really. I found this stated in the bible...[Genesis 6~2]
The natural body comes first and the spiritual body comes last if at all. They are different and are never merged together at anytime in the scriptures!
Again this is at odds with the description of the new body Jesus had when he left the tomb. The attributes of that body seemed to be a mixture of both material and immaterial and it seemed to respond to the will of the one "wearing" it.
Spirits do not need to be seen.
Really? What were those beings throughout the bible visiting men and warning them? Unseen "Ghosts"? Voices in the air? Who was Jacob wrestling with? A figment of his imagination? [Genesis (32:22–32]

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #32

Post by myth-one.com »

Myth-one.com wrote:THERE ARE NO SPIRITS INCARCERATED IN HUMAN FORMS!
William wrote:That is what you are told to believe, . . .
No, I was taught that every human is born as an immortal soul living within a physical body -- the immortal soul myth:

Here is how Billy Graham put it:

"Your eternal soul is the most valuable thing you possess.
You have a body, but living inside of you is your spirit or soul. And when a person dies, what happens? The soul goes on.

First, it's valuable because it's eternal. It's going to live forever. A million years from now, our soul will be living. The body is the house, the soul is the tenant. But when the body dies, the soul lives on.
"
William wrote:. . . Perhaps it was thought that if the rebel Spirits were incarcerated in animal bodies, they would humble themselves enough and do their job...but perhaps the human form is simply not an ideal one for Spirit to be placed within because of the amnesia it causes...unless pushing through that amnesia and into revelation is part of the renewing process and good for that purpose.
So now it is only the rebel Spirits which are incarcerated in animal bodies.

What "amnesia are you referring to?
Man is a natural body, and angels are spiritual bodies. Therefore, man remains lower than the angels.
William wrote:Yes. Spirits in human forms have far less freedom of movement so in that sense one form is less useful for Spirits to occupy than the other.
Spirits are not limited by physical things -- except in that they cannot die.
William wrote:Spirits themselves have and always will be - equal - in there true - formless - state.
No, there are leaders and followers. God the Father and Satan had angels under their supervision.
Good for you, what does [Genesis 6~2] say?
The natural body comes first and the spiritual body comes last if at all. They are different and are never merged together at anytime in the scriptures!
William wrote:Again this is at odds with the description of the new body Jesus had when he left the tomb.
Jesus left the tomb as a human:

But they were terrified and affrightened, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (Luke 24:37-39)
Myth-one.com wrote:Spirits do not need to be seen.
Really? What were those beings throughout the bible visiting men and warning them? Unseen "Ghosts"? Voices in the air? Who was Jacob wrestling with? A figment of his imagination? [Genesis (32:22–32]
When they want to be seen as something, or speak, or whatever, they can. But generally, they don't need to.

William
Savant

Post #33

Post by William »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:52 pm
Myth-one.com wrote:THERE ARE NO SPIRITS INCARCERATED IN HUMAN FORMS!
William wrote:That is what you are told to believe, . . .
No, I was taught that every human is born as an immortal soul living within a physical body -- the immortal soul myth:
Okay - so you were not taught a different way of looking at the question and just decided to accept follow the idea that you now argue here?
William wrote:. . . Perhaps it was thought that if the rebel Spirits were incarcerated in animal bodies, they would humble themselves enough and do their job...but perhaps the human form is simply not an ideal one for Spirit to be placed within because of the amnesia it causes...unless pushing through that amnesia and into revelation is part of the renewing process and good for that purpose.
So now it is only the rebel Spirits which are incarcerated in animal bodies.
What "amnesia are you referring to?
The Spirits who had been the rebels attempting the coup lost the memory of having participated in that. Indeed, they had no memory of ever having existed before. [although some human forms do not completely block out prior memory.] [John 8:38]
William wrote:Yes. Spirits in human forms have far less freedom of movement so in that sense one form is less useful for Spirits to occupy than the other.
Spirits are not limited by physical things -- except in that they cannot die.
Spirits are all limited by form. The limitation depends upon the nature of the form, and is not necessarily a bad thing - the form allows for the particular experience the Spirit is occupied within.
William wrote:Spirits themselves have and always will be - equal - in there true - formless - state.
No, there are leaders and followers. God the Father and Satan had angels under their supervision.
You are speaking of hierarchy established through the 'putting on" of form. This in itself does not mean the Spirits occupying the forms are "lessor" or "greater" - it is really just the position of the form being occupied which creates the illusion "A" is [<] "B". [Mark 9~33...]
Good for you, what does [Genesis 6~2] say?
It agrees with me that spiritual form and physical form can indeed mix.
William wrote:Again this is at odds with the description of the new body Jesus had when he left the tomb.
Jesus left the tomb as a human:
He had a similar form as the human form but there were notable differences which are not common with the human form.
But Jesus does not identify with form, Jesus is Spirit. We all are.

But they were terrified and affrightened, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (Luke 24:37-39)
Myth-one.com wrote:Spirits do not need to be seen.
Nonetheless, they can when the need arises, as the biblical quote above clearly shows. Indeed the Spirit merges with the body - so unless you are arguing that Jesus was not a Spirit within form, what are you arguing?
When they want to be seen as something, or speak, or whatever, they can. But generally, they don't need to.
Therefore Spirit and Form are indeed able to superimpose. Spirit occupies form and essentially gives that form animation. If the form can appear to be solid [John 20:27] or can be made invisible [John 20:19] The form Jesus occupied either had the ability to change its appearance. or was different from the form Jesus has occupied prior to the crucifixion and burial.[John 20~14]

So clearly you are incorrect about your beliefs [however you got them] that Spirits do not occupy bodies. Clearly you are incorrect that we are not Spirits. Clearly you are incorrect that we are the form, rather than the Spirit which occupies the form. Clearly you are incorrect that when the form dies, we die.

tam
Savant

Post #34

Post by tam »

Peace to you all.
William wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:07 pm
1213 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:49 pm
William wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:21 pm ......the whole bible is a story about Satan and his Followers.

Is there any reason why the above isn't true?
I would say there is simply no reason for it to be true. I think it is obvious for everyone who reads the book.
Then let us examine the book to see if your claim is correct...I have already used script from the book to support the assertion...
You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. John 5:30, 40 (see also Luke 24:27)

Obviously the Adversary (the one being called Satan) is written about in that book - he is our (man's) adversary, but that does not mean that the bible is a story about him and his followers.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #35

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:43 pm So clearly you are incorrect about your beliefs [however you got them] that Spirits do not occupy bodies. Clearly you are incorrect that we are not Spirits. Clearly you are incorrect that we are the form, rather than the Spirit which occupies the form. Clearly you are incorrect that when the form dies, we die.
Only two body types are described in the Bible, natural or terrestrial and spiritual or celestial:

There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. (I Corinthians 15:44)

And they are different:

There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. (I Corinthians 15:40)

Celestial means heavenly or spiritual and terrestrial means natural, earthly, or physical. There are only two body types, celestial and terrestrial, and they are different. The glory of the celestial is one and the glory of the terrestrial is another. In other words, they do not mix. There is no hybrid being consisting of a spirit or soul living within a physical body described anywhere in the scriptures!

In fact, the scriptures state that there is an order to the two possible bodies:

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. (I Corinthians 15:46)

The natural body comes first and the spiritual body comes last. They are different and are never merged together at anytime in the scriptures! All men are born as natural or physical flesh and blood bodies, and those who believe in Jesus will be born again as spiritual bodies when Jesus returns! That which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Jesus Christ states that spirits do not have flesh and bones. Jesus was resurrected from the tomb as a human.

When He appeared to His disciples after being raised from the dead, they initially thought they were seeing a spirit, or ghost:

As knowledge has progressed over the years we understand more about our physical death. We know that we die. We see decaying animals and know that our bodies end up likewise. The part we do not understand is our personalities, our thinking processes, our emotions, our non-physical processes. These are the processes which many believe separates us from the other animals. We even give it a name, calling it our "soul," and assigning to each soul eternal life.

Here is the scripture from which this myth began:

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: (Genesis 3:4)

In general, mankind fears death. We treat our fear of death with the defense mechanism of denial. That is, we deny it. We say we will live forever, thus taking on godly characteristics. We are therefore the perfect victims for Satan's lie of, "Ye shall not surely die." It is what we want to believe.

Accepting the falsehood that man has an immortal soul or spirit effectively seals the scriptures from man's understanding:

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot for it is sealed: (Isaiah 29:11)

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. (Daniel 12:4)

If man has immortality as a birthright, then the Bible cannot be understood, because it repeatedly states that mankind will die!!

Those who believe the immortal soul myth must interpret perish in John 3:16 to mean something other than death because their "soul" will never perish!

Oh, I know, that "death" must mean "spiritual death".

But that doesn't work because spirits cannot die.

Not a problem, let's define "spiritual death" to be "eternal separation from God."

And on, and on, and on, . . . one mistake leading to another.

Oh well, at least you're having a little fun with it.

William
Savant

Post #36

Post by William »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #36]
Only two body types are described in the Bible, natural or terrestrial and spiritual or celestial:
You are going off on a tangent. I am arguing [and will continue to do so] that bodies are containers for Spirit.

You seem to be conflating 'spiritual bodies' with Spirits. These are different, not the same.

The body types are variable - indeed [if earth is anything to go by] myriad in form and function.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #37

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:56 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #36]
You are going off on a tangent. I am arguing [and will continue to do so] that bodies are containers for Spirit.

You seem to be conflating 'spiritual bodies' with Spirits. These are different, not the same.

The body types are variable - indeed [if earth is anything to go by] myriad in form and function.
Good luck with it.

At least you know what the Bible states now.

William
Savant

Post #38

Post by William »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:40 pm

Good luck with it.

What you mean is at least I know what your interpretation of the bible is. I acknowledge there are two main beliefs in Christianity to do with this subject and have known this for some time now. What you argued is nothing new to me.

Taking into account the mythology of the creation of Adam we have an interesting idea that the God of the story has created a "living being" out of "the dust of the ground".

Today we understand that this quaint expression comes through the understanding of the naïve and today it would be written far more expansively.

Indeed, scientific research has been investigating the human form for decades now and has a very comprehensive data-base as to what the human form is comprised of.

So the first thing to acknowledge is that IF the human form was created, THEN the creator of said form is a marvel.

But how much of a marvel?

Did this creator make a form which could - of its own accord - create individuate consciousnesses [Emergentism] or was it necessary to 'power-up' this form with "Spirit" - since we are informed that "God is Spirit" and we are also informed;

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.[Genes 2~7]

Myth-1 believes that Emergentism is how the God created individuate consciousness, and we can appreciate that with what we know of the human form, this seems reasonable.

But it also means that there is no particular requirement for having a creator as the Gods interest in farming individuate consciousnesses is in order to store the data of experience of these onto something called "The Soul" and essentially capture images of the actual, before the actual, dies.

This is because, the human form was designed to die...if it did not have access to something called "The Tree of Life"

The data of experience of the individuate consciousness is somehow stored and then - if the God wants to upload that data into another type of form, that information [somehow] becomes that forms identity.

In this, whatever the "person" is, it can never be "saved" because there is no actual person as the consciousness which is actually that person, dies with the body that made that person.

The only thing which can be saved, is the data of experience which altogether creates an image of the person who had briefly lived a human life.

That image is transferred into another form, but that image can never be 'the real thing' under the rules of The Doctrine of Death - the belief that humans are only the flesh [form] NOT Spirit.

This also must apply to Jesus. Whatever the experience Jesus had, only a copy of that experience [stored in "the soul"] can be saved, because the Jesus consciousness was the creation of the human form his consciousness emerged from, according to the rules Christians such as Myth -1 believe in.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #39

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:18 pm

Good luck with it.

What you mean is at least I know what your interpretation of the Bible is.

I have no "interpretation".

I quoted Bible scriptures to support any claims I made.

So you know that those scriptures I quoted support my claims.

Read them again if you need to.

I think most of them are highlighted in Blue color, just in case you needed to locate and review them.

William
Savant

Post #40

Post by William »

Good luck with it.

What you mean is at least I know what your interpretation of the Bible is.
I have no "interpretation".
Yes you do.
I quoted Bible scriptures to support any claims I made.

So you know that those scriptures I quoted support my claims.

Read them again if you need to.

I think most of them are highlighted in Blue color, just in case you needed to locate and review them.
Yes those quotations you used can be interpreted in more than one way, as I am demonstrating.

But I have moved on to the examination of that particular type belief of biblical script [Emergence] and you are welcome to argue against my critique on that. [Post #38]