Never Let A Feminist Tell You How To Be A Godly Wife

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Amos Ministries
Student

Never Let A Feminist Tell You How To Be A Godly Wife

Post #1

Post by Amos Ministries »

It’s easy to be a rebellious, argumentative, nagging wife - anyone can do that!⁠

As women, society teaches us to put our own feelings, wants and needs first. After all, who wants to operate according to someone else’s needs and ethics?⁠

Under God’s law however, wives must submit to their husbands.⁠

Here's something most feminists cannot understand: Being a Godly wife doesn’t mean you have to submit to EVERY man - only to your husband.⁠

Don’t let society shame you for being a Godly wife! A Godly wife is a high office that you choose to undertake.⁠

In order to glorify the Lord, a Godly wife strives to serve her husband with a quiet, submissive and helpful spirit. This requires great courage, skill, patience and grace!⁠

Do you have the COURAGE and FAITH to be a submissive wife?⁠

Miles
Savant

Re: Never Let A Feminist Tell You How To Be A Godly Wife

Post #2

Post by Miles »

What's a godly wife?

Amos Ministries wrote:Under God’s law however, wives must submit to their husbands.⁠
And under god's law in Ephesians 6:5 slaves must "be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling,. . . ." SLAVES!!! God and Jesus condoning slavery??? You betcha. And isn't it nice that under god's law "whoever marries a divorced woman is guilty of adultery." (Matthew 5:32) So what are the poor divorced women of the world suppose to do, stock up on vibrators? Then there's god's law in Matthew 7:7 directing you to "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." How's that going for you? I assuming you're getting everything you ask for. Right?

Here's something most feminists cannot understand: Being a Godly wife doesn’t mean you have to submit to EVERY man - only to your husband.⁠
What do you think feminists are, incompetent readers? That they're completely befuddled by the word "husband"?
Don’t let society shame you for being a Godly wife! A Godly wife is a high office that you choose to undertake.⁠
"Choose," my old lady's handbag. More like coerced.

co·erce
/kōˈərs/
verb
past tense: coerced; past participle: coerced
persuade (an unwilling person) to do something by using force or threats.

In order to glorify the Lord, a Godly wife strives to serve her husband with a quiet, submissive and helpful spirit. This requires great courage, skill, patience and grace!
"Requires great courage, skill, patience and grace!" ? Yeah, sure. More like it requires cowardice, fear, weakness, and vulnerability.

Last edited by Miles on Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #3

Post by 2timothy316 »

What's a "godly wife"?
and

What is a Godly husband?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

Post by JehovahsWitness »

DOES THE BIBLE PROHIBIT DIVORCE?

Miles wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:48 pm ...under god's law "whoever marries a divorced woman is guilty of adultery." (Matthew 5:32)
The bible does not prohibit divorce. The context of MATTHEW 5:32 (above) indicates Jesus was not voicing a prohibition on divorced women remarrying, but rather on unscriptural divorce.
MATTHEW 5:32 NWT

“Moreover, it was said: ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’+ 32 However, I say to you that everyone divorcing his wife, except on account of sexual immorality, makes her a subject for adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman [by implication, a women that divorced without valid gounds] commits adultery.
MATTHEW 19:9

I say to you that whoever divorces his wife, except on the grounds of sexual immorality, and marries another commits adultery.” .

JW

Did Jesus contradict Mosaic divorce law ?
viewtopic.php?p=1028505#p1028505
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

WOMEN, MARRIAGE and ... DIVORCE
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Miles
Savant

Post #5

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:12 pm DOES THE BIBLE PROHIBIT DIVORCE?

Miles wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:48 pm ...under god's law "whoever marries a divorced woman is guilty of adultery." (Matthew 5:32)
The bible does not prohibit divorce. The context of MATTHEW 5:32 (above) indicates Jesus was not voicing a prohibition on divorced women remarrying, but rather on unscriptural divorce.
MATTHEW 5:32 NWT

“Moreover, it was said: ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’+ 32 However, I say to you that everyone divorcing his wife, except on account of sexual immorality, makes her a subject for adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman [by implication, a women that divorced without valid gounds] commits adultery.
MATTHEW 19:9

I say to you that whoever divorces his wife, except on the grounds of sexual immorality, and marries another commits adultery.” .
Thank you, but I was aware the Bible doesn't prohibit divorce. I just found it odd that someone who "divorces his wife for any reason other than her unfaithfulness is committing adultery if he marries another woman." Consider: You married a woman who turns out to be a frigid alcoholic shrew. Who starts fights with you and spends more than you make, and in general makes your life miserable beyond belief, but is not sexually immoral, yet you can't divorce her and marry someone who could make you happy without committing adultery. What kind of warped thinking is that?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #6

Post by 2timothy316 »

Miles wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:44 pm
Thank you, but I was aware the Bible doesn't prohibit divorce. I just found it odd that someone who "divorces his wife for any reason other than her unfaithfulness is committing adultery if he marries another woman." Consider: You married a woman who turns out to be a frigid alcoholic shrew. Who starts fights with you and spends more than you make, and in general makes your life miserable beyond belief, but is not sexually immoral, yet you can't divorce her and marry someone who could make you happy without committing adultery. What kind of warped thinking is that?
It does allow for separation though under the circumstances you're describing. (1 Cor 7:10, 11)
What happens in many cases is the 'frigid alcoholic shrew' goes off seeking another person during the separation and ends up committing adultery. Then the divorce is approved.
Last edited by 2timothy316 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miles
Savant

Post #7

Post by Miles »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:15 pm
It does allow for separation though under the circumstances your describing. (1 Cor 7:10, 11)
1 Cor 7:10, 11 are utterly irrelevant to the situation I just described.
What happens in many cases is the 'frigid alcoholic shrew' goes off seeking another person during the separation and ends up committing adultery. Then the divorce is approved.
And when that doesn't happen, then what?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #8

Post by 2timothy316 »

Miles wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:24 pm
It does allow for separation though under the circumstances your describing. (1 Cor 7:10, 11)

It's very relevant if a person wants to live according the commands to Christians in the Bible. For the Christian, they stay separated until they A: They reconcile their marriage or B: their spouse divorces them then remarries or commits adultery. All of this is to give the person in the wrong every opportunity to do the right thing. Because the offender could face eternal death at Armageddon for their lack of faithfulness. As if the drunkenness and verbal abuse wasn't enough.

Miles
Savant

Post #9

Post by Miles »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:32 pm

It's very relevant if a person wants to live according the commands to Christians in the Bible.
That's understood. It's just that this command is utterly stupid.
For the Christian, they stay separated until they A: They reconcile their marriage or B: their spouse divorces them then remarries or commits adultery. All of this is to give the person in the wrong every opportunity to do the right thing.
And if this never happens, then what? The ex-husband has one miserable life watching all the possible women who could have brought him happiness marry someone else.

Last edited by Miles on Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #10

Post by 2timothy316 »

Miles wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:53 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:32 pm

It's very relevant if a person wants to live according the commands to Christians in the Bible.
That's understood. It's just that this command is utterly stupid.
Opinion noted.
For the Christian, they stay separated until they A: They reconcile their marriage or B: their spouse divorces them then remarries or commits adultery. All of this is to give the person in the wrong every opportunity to do the right thing.
And if this never happens, then what? The ex-husband has one has a miserable life watching all the possible women who could have brought him happiness marry someone else.

A true Christian's sole purpose in life is not marriage. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that they can only be happy if they are married. I also feel sorry for those that rely on another human being for their happiness, a person can expect failure in that regard.

You're also thinking of life without a paradise to come. Whereas a Christian will have all eternity to find another mate because the previous mate will either straighten up and choose life or stay a 'frigid alcoholic shrew' and die. With eternal life a person this time it will find a good mate and will not have to worry about someone turning into a 'frigid alcoholic shrew' as you put it.