Never Let A Feminist Tell You How To Be A Godly Wife

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Amos Ministries
Student

Never Let A Feminist Tell You How To Be A Godly Wife

Post #1

Post by Amos Ministries »

It’s easy to be a rebellious, argumentative, nagging wife - anyone can do that!⁠

As women, society teaches us to put our own feelings, wants and needs first. After all, who wants to operate according to someone else’s needs and ethics?⁠

Under God’s law however, wives must submit to their husbands.⁠

Here's something most feminists cannot understand: Being a Godly wife doesn’t mean you have to submit to EVERY man - only to your husband.⁠

Don’t let society shame you for being a Godly wife! A Godly wife is a high office that you choose to undertake.⁠

In order to glorify the Lord, a Godly wife strives to serve her husband with a quiet, submissive and helpful spirit. This requires great courage, skill, patience and grace!⁠

Do you have the COURAGE and FAITH to be a submissive wife?⁠

Miles
Savant

Re: Never Let A Feminist Tell You How To Be A Godly Wife

Post #11

Post by Miles »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:13 pm
A true Christian's sole purpose in life is not marriage. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that they can only be happy if they are married. I also feel sorry for those that rely on another human being for their happiness, a person can expect failure in that regard.
And if they can't help themselves, then what? You do understand, don't you, that not everyone has the same needs. That for whatever reason some people find great happiness in being married, and that without it their life will suck.

You're also thinking of life without a paradise to come.
Yup. Because thinking of life with a paradise to come does nothing for the guy's life here on earth. If paradise to come is suppose to make one happy then kill me at birth.

Whereas a Christian will have all eternity to find another mate because the previous mate will either straighten up and choose life or stay a 'frigid alcoholic shrew' and die. With eternal life a person this time it will find a good mate and will not have to worry about someone turning into a 'frigid alcoholic shrew' as you put it.
And exactly which bible verses tell you this? To me this sounds like Sunday-school story time.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #12

Post by 2timothy316 »

Miles wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:58 pm
A true Christian's sole purpose in life is not marriage. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that they can only be happy if they are married. I also feel sorry for those that rely on another human being for their happiness, a person can expect failure in that regard.
And if they can't help themselves, then what? You do understand, don't you, that not everyone has the same needs. That for whatever reason some people find great happiness in being married, and that without it their life will suck.
Marriage is not a need and I feel sorry for those that think it is. A true Christian doesn't view marriage as the only source for great happiness. People that 'can't help themselves' have made their desires their god if they think it's more powerful than they are. I do understand and I know how to defeat lesser gods.
Yup. Because thinking of life with a paradise to come does nothing for the guy's life here on earth. If paradise to come is suppose to make one happy then kill me at birth.
"The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it." - Ps 37:29
I have no plans to live in heaven.
Paradise is not what makes a person happy. There is no singular thing that makes a person happy and I feel pity for those that there is one thing that is going to make them happy.
Whereas a Christian will have all eternity to find another mate because the previous mate will either straighten up and choose life or stay a 'frigid alcoholic shrew' and die. With eternal life a person this time it will find a good mate and will not have to worry about someone turning into a 'frigid alcoholic shrew' as you put it.
And exactly which bible verses tell you this?
"For evil men will be done away with, But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth. Just a little while longer and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace." - Ps 37:9-11

Only meek and righteous will be left on Earth which means there will only be good mates to choose from. There will be no 'frigid alcoholic shrews'. That type of person is neither meek, righteous or peaceful.
To me this sounds like Sunday-school story time.
Your opinion has been noted.
Last edited by 2timothy316 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miles
Savant

Post #13

Post by Miles »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:05 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:58 pm
Marriage is not a need and I feel sorry for those that think it is. A true Christian doesn't view marriage as the only source for great happiness. People that 'can't help themselves' have made their desires their god if they think it's more powerful than they are. I do understand and I know how to defeat lesser gods.
"The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it." - Ps 37:29
I have no plans to live in heaven.
Paradise is not what makes a person happy. There is no singular thing that makes a person happy and I feel pity for those that there is one thing that is going to make them happy.
And exactly which bible verses tell you this?
"The wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace." - Ps 10, 11

Only meek and righteous will be left on Earth which means there will only be good mates to choose from. There will be no 'frigid alcoholic shrews'. That type of person is neither meek, righteous or peaceful.
To me this sounds like Sunday-school story time.
Your opinion has been noted.
Have a good day.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #14

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Miles wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:44 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:12 pm DOES THE BIBLE PROHIBIT DIVORCE?

Miles wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:48 pm ...under god's law "whoever marries a divorced woman is guilty of adultery." (Matthew 5:32)
The bible does not prohibit divorce. The context of MATTHEW 5:32 (above) indicates Jesus was not voicing a prohibition on divorced women remarrying, but rather on unscriptural divorce.
MATTHEW 5:32 NWT

“Moreover, it was said: ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’+ 32 However, I say to you that everyone divorcing his wife, except on account of sexual immorality, makes her a subject for adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman [by implication, a women that divorced without valid gounds] commits adultery.
MATTHEW 19:9

I say to you that whoever divorces his wife, except on the grounds of sexual immorality, and marries another commits adultery.” .
Thank you, but I was aware the Bible doesn't prohibit divorce. I just found it odd that someone who "divorces his wife for any reason other than her unfaithfulness is committing adultery if he marries another woman." ...

I dont find the bible's grounds for divorce "odd" or "warped" at all, on the contrary I find the above mandate, just balanced and wise.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #15

Post by onewithhim »

Amos Ministries wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:29 pm It’s easy to be a rebellious, argumentative, nagging wife - anyone can do that!⁠

As women, society teaches us to put our own feelings, wants and needs first. After all, who wants to operate according to someone else’s needs and ethics?⁠

Under God’s law however, wives must submit to their husbands.⁠

Here's something most feminists cannot understand: Being a Godly wife doesn’t mean you have to submit to EVERY man - only to your husband.⁠

Don’t let society shame you for being a Godly wife! A Godly wife is a high office that you choose to undertake.⁠

In order to glorify the Lord, a Godly wife strives to serve her husband with a quiet, submissive and helpful spirit. This requires great courage, skill, patience and grace!⁠

Do you have the COURAGE and FAITH to be a submissive wife?⁠
And of course a submissive wife is honored and loved and taken care of by her husband as he would a fine, fragile Ming Dynasty vase. He must treat her as well as he does himself. It goes two ways. Nowhere does the Bible condone a dictatorial, abusive, selfish husband. When a woman has one of these, she would have to heavily rely on God to help her endure, as she has to continue to show respect to her husband.

Miles
Savant

Post #16

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:22 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:44 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:12 pm DOES THE BIBLE PROHIBIT DIVORCE?

Miles wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:48 pm ...under god's law "whoever marries a divorced woman is guilty of adultery." (Matthew 5:32)
The bible does not prohibit divorce. The context of MATTHEW 5:32 (above) indicates Jesus was not voicing a prohibition on divorced women remarrying, but rather on unscriptural divorce.
MATTHEW 5:32 NWT

“Moreover, it was said: ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’+ 32 However, I say to you that everyone divorcing his wife, except on account of sexual immorality, makes her a subject for adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman [by implication, a women that divorced without valid gounds] commits adultery.
MATTHEW 19:9

I say to you that whoever divorces his wife, except on the grounds of sexual immorality, and marries another commits adultery.” .
Thank you, but I was aware the Bible doesn't prohibit divorce. I just found it odd that someone who "divorces his wife for any reason other than her unfaithfulness is committing adultery if he marries another woman." ...

I dont find the bible's grounds for divorce "odd" or "warped" at all, on the contrary I find the above mandate, just balanced and wise.

JW
Matthew 5:32
"But I tell you that any man who divorces his wife, except for the problem of sexual sin, is causing his wife to be guilty of adultery. And whoever marries a divorced woman is guilty of adultery."

Keeping in mind:

a·dul·ter·y
/əˈdəlt(ə)rē/

noun: adultery; plural noun: adulteries
voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.*

So a husband should never divorce his wife, except for sexual immorality, because it will make her and adulteress---someone who has voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse. Isn't that nice. A moral wife doesn't have to do a darn thing but live and breathe, and what her husband does---not what she does!---can turn her into an adulterer. And you find this to be wise. Image

Moreover, a man can be turned into an adulterer---someone who has voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse---.
by simply marrying a divorced woman. And you find this to be wise. Image

So much for Jehovah's Witnesses and their wisdom.

*Just to note: I do recognize that the use of "adultery" in Matthew 5:32 is not to be taken literally, but as a condemnation-in-kind.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #17

Miles wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:32 pm
A moral wife doesn't have to do a darn thing but live and breathe, and what her husband does---not what she does!---can turn her into an adulterer.
I do not agree with your interpretation, indeed I find your interpretation ludicrous. Obviously a woman that doesn't have sex with anyone cannot commit adultery.

a·dul·ter·y
/əˈdəlt(ə)rē/

noun: adultery; plural noun: adulteries

voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse
Breathing is not sexual intercourse

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Miles
Savant

Post #18

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:36 pm
Miles wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:32 pm
A moral wife doesn't have to do a darn thing but live and breathe, and what her husband does---not what she does!---can turn her into an adulterer.
I do not agree with your interpretation, indeed I find your interpretation ludicrous.

So one would think, but the bible doesn't think so. Here, let me spell it out for you.

The relevant part of Matthew 5:32

". . . any man who divorces his wife, except for the problem of sexual sin, is causing his wife to be guilty of adultery."

Parsing it a bit and making it personal perhaps you'll understand. (I'm assuming you're a married male.)

1) "any man who divorces his wife" >> if you, JehovahsWitness, divorce your wife 2) except for the problem of sexual sin,>> and your wife has not committed a sexual sin. 3)is causing his wife to be guilty of adultery, >> makes your wife guilty of adultery.

Sewn together we have: If you, JehovahsWitness, divorce your wife, and your wife has not committed a sexual sin makes your wife guilty of adultery.

OR. . . to put it another way, How can a man make his wife an adulterer? By divorcing her for any reason other than for having committed a sexual sin.

Pretty stupid IMO, but there you are.

Obviously a woman that doesn't have sex with anyone cannot commit adultery.
Which is why I went out of my way to say:

*"Just to note: I do recognize that the use of "adultery" in Matthew 5:32 is not to be taken literally, but as a condemnation-in-kind."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #19

Miles wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:32 pmA moral wife doesn't have to do a darn thing but live and breathe, and what her husband does [ ...] can turn her into an adulterer.
The only way to turn into an adulterer is to have SEX with someone * that is not your marriage partner (I refer you above to the definition of adultery ) But listen, I'm not here to judge, if you believe someone sitting in a chair and breathing is in fact having sex, that is your perrogative; I take no ownership of it. Jehovah's Witness do not share your (bizzare) reading.

*The context indicates Jesus was indeed refering to literal adultery(ie literal sexual intercourse)

That said, you have nevertheless adequately demonstrated your ability to read each word in each different part of the scripture (even cutting it up and showing you understand the definition of each word) and for that I congratulate you.

Have an excellent weekend,

JW

tam
Savant

Post #20

Post by tam »

Miles (peace to you!), the implication is that she would be made into an adulteress once she remarries/begins a new relationship. Though the responsibility rests upon the husband who divorced her and sent her away.