Never Let A Feminist Tell You How To Be A Godly Wife

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Amos Ministries
Student

Never Let A Feminist Tell You How To Be A Godly Wife

Post #1

Post by Amos Ministries »

It’s easy to be a rebellious, argumentative, nagging wife - anyone can do that!⁠

As women, society teaches us to put our own feelings, wants and needs first. After all, who wants to operate according to someone else’s needs and ethics?⁠

Under God’s law however, wives must submit to their husbands.⁠

Here's something most feminists cannot understand: Being a Godly wife doesn’t mean you have to submit to EVERY man - only to your husband.⁠

Don’t let society shame you for being a Godly wife! A Godly wife is a high office that you choose to undertake.⁠

In order to glorify the Lord, a Godly wife strives to serve her husband with a quiet, submissive and helpful spirit. This requires great courage, skill, patience and grace!⁠

Do you have the COURAGE and FAITH to be a submissive wife?⁠

Miles
Savant

Re: Never Let A Feminist Tell You How To Be A Godly Wife

Post #21

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:27 am
Miles wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:32 pmA moral wife doesn't have to do a darn thing but live and breathe, and what her husband does [ ...] can turn her into an adulterer.
The only way to turn into an adulterer is to have SEX with someone * that is not your marriage partner (I refer you above to the definition of adultery )
So one would think, but not your Bible. Like it or not, Jesus goes a bit daft in Matthew 5:32, which points up the fact that, just like dad, even the Son of God has his faults.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #22

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Miles wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:12 pm
Miles wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:32 pmA moral wife doesn't have to do a darn thing but live and breathe, and what her husband does [ ...] can turn her into an adulterer.
The only way to turn into an adulterer is to have SEX with someone * that is not your marriage partner (I refer you above to the definition of adultery )
So one would think, but not your Bible. Like it or not, Jesus goes a bit daft in Matthew 5:32, which points up the fact that, just like dad, even the Son of God has his faults.

Somebody is going a bit daft here but I don't think its Jesus. Sometimes one needs to apply some critical thinking skills to what one reads.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Miles
Savant

Post #23

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:20 pm

Somebody is going a bit daft here but I don't think its Jesus. Sometimes one needs to apply some critical thinking skills to what one reads.
Couldn't agree more. When do you start? 😉

tam
Savant

Post #24

Post by tam »

Miles wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:58 pm

Just in case you missed it, please read the last post on the previous page.

Peace again to you!

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #25

Post by 2timothy316 »

Miles wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:58 pm

Tam and JW are correct in their replies. They are using their critical thinking by looking at it from God's view. The marriage is not ended until one of the parties involved has sex with another person. What does that mean? It means that if a male or female divorces a person in mankind's legal world, that doesn't divorce them legally in God's eyes. If a female leaves her husband but doesn't remarry or have sexual relations with anyone else than in God's eyes the marriage is still in valid. This means the male cannot remarry. Same if the roles were reversed. The person wanting to keep God's laws will stay unmarried and away from even seeking another relationship until the other person has had sex with other person or remarries. Once that happens then the one that was abandoned, whether male or female, is free to remarry.

For the record I am a married male. if my wife were to divorce me I know that wouldn't be free to remarry until my wife had sex with another person or remarried. I'm completely fine with this law in the Bible. I would follow it because I have used my critical thinking skills to understand that the principle of "everyone divorcing his wife, except on account of sexual immorality," applies to me as well. Why? Because back in the days of Jesus only the men could file for divorce. So Jesus only addressed the men. However, Jesus brought the law to a close with his death, meaning that now everyone can only divorce on the grounds of sexual immorality.

A person that follows this law is more concerned with pleasing their Heavenly Father more than their own sexual appetites or their want for a mate. They also know that Jehovah God will care for their needs married or not. Sex is not a need and I feel sorry for anyone that thinks that it is. The beginning of Matthew chapter 5 tells us what makes a person happy and sex is not on the list.