JESUS IS NOT JEHOVAH

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT JEHOVAH

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

What do you all say about the following scriptures?

PSALM 110: 1,2:

"The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord [the Messiah] is: 'Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.' The rod of your strength Jehovah will send out of Zion, saying 'God subduing in the midst of your enemies.'" (Young's literal translation; American Standard Bible; NWT)

Does this coincide with the belief that Jehovah and Jesus are the same Person? Do you think they are according to this?

ISAIAH 61: 1,2:

"The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me [the Messiah], for the reason that Jehovah has anointed me to tell the good news to the meek ones. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to those taken captive and the wide opening of the eyes even to the prisoners; to proclaim the year of goodwill on the part of Jehovah and the day of vengeance on the part of our God; to comfort all the mourning ones." (Young's; American Standard Bible; NWT)

Does this show that there is only one Person sending and anointing? Someone who sends and anoints himself? Jesus applied this verse's mention of the Messiah to himself at LUKE 4:18-21. Was he speaking ONLY of himself, or was there someone else involved to do the sending and the anointing?

Tcg
Savant

Re: JESUS IS NOT JEHOVAH

Post #21

Post by Tcg »

Purple Knight wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:38 pm No one can tell me if the transporter from Star Trek just kills you every time and makes a copy that goes on living as if it was the original, but it wasn't.
I can. No, the the transporter from Star Trek will not kill you. It is a prop from a science-fiction series.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

onewithhim
Savant

Re: JESUS IS NOT JEHOVAH

Post #22

Post by onewithhim »

Every few months our body's cells are renewed. The liver we had three months ago is not the liver we have today, for example. The same for other parts of our bodies. Therefore, there should be no confusion over the promise of God to bring back to life every dead person, just as he was before, but with new cells.