The Three Biblical Interpretations About Afterlife

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

The Three Biblical Interpretations About Afterlife

Post #1

Post by William »

Lately some of us have been arguing from three differing positions is which the bible can be used to defend all three. All three appear to agree that each individual has a "Soul" although there may be disagreement on what the exact function of a "Soul" is.

[1] A "Person" is "Spirit" and temporarily exists as a human being until the body dies then that "Person" enters an afterlife and is judged by "God" and is condemned or saved. Those saved go to "heaven" and those condemned go to "Hell" - or in some variances on this, are "exterminated".

[2] A "Person" a "Human being" and when the human being dies, that is the end of that person unless "God" judges them as "saved" in which case that person is resurrected and given a new body which will last forever more.

[3] A "Person" is an eternal Spirit in human form and when the body dies, that Spirit immediately moves to the next phase and either knowingly or unknowingly creates for their self, their next experience, based upon a combination of mainly what they believe, what their overall attitude is and what they did in the previous phase.

Often any different position which opposes another might logically mean that they both cannot be correct, assuming one or the other is true.

Both [1]&[2] fall into this category as they cannot both be true. [1]&[2] also both agree that [3] is false.

However, [3] Can be true without making the other two false.

And [3] - just as with [1]&[2] can be backed by the bible, depending on what parts of the bible once uses to do so.

The bible is interpreted throughout, based upon which position [1][2] or [3] is being used to interpret it through [the filter].

If [1]&[2] oppose each other but can still be "proven" by using the bible, then this makes the bible something of a contradiction.

But if [3] - although different from [1]&[2] does not oppose either [1]&[2] and can still be "proven" by using the bible just like [1]&[2], then [3] takes away the contradictory aspect of the bible which [1]&[2] create by being in opposition.

Question: Would it be fair to say therefore, that [3] is the best position to assume on the overall biblical script to do with the subject of the next phase [afterlife]?

William
Savant

Re: The Three Biblical Interpretations About Afterlife

Post #261

Post by William »

[Replying to The Tanager in post #261]
I don't think there is the kind of layer here that I've been talking about.
Yes - thank you for saying.

We can look at the layer you are claiming exists, once we agree on the layers identified in the pipe diagram.

William
Savant

Post #262

Post by William »

[Replying to William in post #262]

If we agree together re these layers as they are, we can now look more closely to each of our positions re the pipe sections and determine the differences therein.

The Mysteries
The Immaterial.

1: The Creator:

2: Spirits:

The Material.

3: The Universe.

4: Humans.

My layers re those sections.
[Your layers as I currently understand them, underneath in blue]

1: Undivided Eternal Spirit [omni-omni]
[God of the Bible]

2: Individuate Eternal Spirits [sometimes in groups]
[ We currently have not really conversed about these in any detail.]

3: A Creation within The Mind of The Creator.
[A Creation made of new material]

4: Individuate Eternal Spirits within temporary human forms.
[Vessels in which new Spirits are created through]

Do you agree with the above? If not, please make your corrections.

Once we reach agreement, we can go to the next step.

William
Savant

Post #263

Post by William »

While the crickets are chirping, I have developed the diagram in an effort to better reflect the layers and connections...

ETA

and even more accurately;

The Tanager
Savant

Post #264

Post by The Tanager »

[Replying to William in post #263]

Okay. Yes, I think you understand me. The missing section would include angels and demons.

[Replying to William in post #264]

As to your latest diagrams, how would you label the “connections” between the “layers”?

William
Savant

Post #265

Post by William »

The Tanager wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:05 pm [Replying to William in post #263]

Okay. Yes, I think you understand me. The missing section would include angels and demons.

[Replying to William in post #264]

As to your latest diagrams, how would you label the “connections” between the “layers”?
These are conduits where information flows back an forth...

The Tanager
Savant

Post #266

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:17 pmThese are conduits where information flows back an forth...
Does information flow directly from, say, human to the individuate eternal spirits or the undivided eternal spirit or must it flow through the universe to the individuate eternal spirits to the undivided eternal spirit?

William
Savant

Post #267

Post by William »

The Tanager wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:51 pm
William wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:17 pmThese are conduits where information flows back an forth...
Does information flow directly from, say, human to the individuate eternal spirits or the undivided eternal spirit or must it flow through the universe to the individuate eternal spirits to the undivided eternal spirit?
For now, what I am attempting to establish is where we agree in relation to the layers. We can focus on how the information flows later.

William
Savant

Post #268

Post by William »

[Replying to The Tanager in post #265]
The missing section would include angels and demons.
I take it that this is because you believe in the Human mythology of pre-Human events to do with supposed activity which occurred with the Immaterial, before the formation of the Material?

I am not so inclined to place such imagined beings in the pre-universe section, as these might be the product of Human imaginative story-telling and completely incorrect regarding the actual nature of the Immaterial prior to the formation of the material.

Therefore I would place "Angels and Demons" the the Next Phase section to be experienced as real, by those who believe in such.

But - rather than presume to know what you mean by "Angels and Demons", I will wait to see what more information you can provide on this.

The Tanager
Savant

Post #269

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:16 pmI take it that this is because you believe in the Human mythology of pre-Human events to do with supposed activity which occurred with the Immaterial, before the formation of the Material?

I am not so inclined to place such imagined beings in the pre-universe section, as these might be the product of Human imaginative story-telling and completely incorrect regarding the actual nature of the Immaterial prior to the formation of the material.

Therefore I would place "Angels and Demons" the the Next Phase section to be experienced as real, by those who believe in such.

But - rather than presume to know what you mean by "Angels and Demons", I will wait to see what more information you can provide on this.
Yes, I believe Christian teaching concerning a prior creation of spiritual beings distinct from God. Why don't you place the individuate spiritual beings as a product of the human imagination?

William
Savant

Post #270

Post by William »

The Tanager wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:48 pm
William wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:16 pmI take it that this is because you believe in the Human mythology of pre-Human events to do with supposed activity which occurred with the Immaterial, before the formation of the Material?

Yes, I believe Christian teaching concerning a prior creation of spiritual beings distinct from God.

There seems to be different Christian teaching about this, so can you be more specific [again - bullet points will do].
Why don't you place the individuate spiritual beings as a product of the human imagination?
Because my position is [3]. As such, Eternal Spirits in Human form come before whatever derives then, from Human imagination.