Nearly 25% of All The Evangelicals In The USA Don't Conisder Sex Outside Marriage To Be A Sin

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

Nearly 25% of All The Evangelicals In The USA Don't Conisder Sex Outside Marriage To Be A Sin

Post #1

Post by Miles »

That way evangelicals talk I would have figured the percentage would be closer to 3% - 4% at most. What's with these Bible thumping Christians anyway? Isn't there some edict from god declaring that sex outside of marriage is a sin? . . . . . . . Could a pragmatic rift be developing among fundamentalists in the country?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Nearly 25% of All The Evangelicals In The USA Don't Conisder Sex Outside Marriage To Be A Sin

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Miles wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:43 pm Isn't there some edict from god declaring that sex outside of marriage is a sin?
Scripture explicitly condemed sexual immorality (fornication). This we believe includes sex with anyone other ones marriage partner. That is the position we hold as Jehovah's Witnesses.

JW

Why, then is there no law that explicity states "You must not have sex before marriage"?
viewtopic.php?p=780257#p780257

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

SEX, SIN and ...FORNICATION
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Nearly 25% of All The Evangelicals In The USA Don't Conisder Sex Outside Marriage To Be A Sin

Post #3

Post by onewithhim »

The Bible does specifically say that sex outside of marriage is a sin. There is the Commandment given to Moses that "thou shalt not commit adultery" (Exodus 20:14), and there is the word through Paul to the Corinthians: "Flee from fornication." (I Corinth. 6:18) He was clearer on the matter a few verses earlier: "Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,...nor men who lie with men, nor thieves, nor greedy persons...etc., etc., will inherit God's kingdom." (I Corinth. 6:9,10)

That looks pretty plain to me that the Bible condemns sex outside of marriage.