"Ok, Scratch This That And The Other Thing"

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

"Ok, Scratch This That And The Other Thing"

Post #1

Post by Miles »

If you were given the chance to be god and had the opportunity to start the "whole thing" over what would you do differently?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: "Ok, Scratch This That And The Other Thing"

Post #11

Post by 2timothy316 »

Purple Knight wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:49 pm I also know you probably have an answer. That you know your answer is wrong and wouldn't act on it doesn't mean you can't share it. My answer might be wrong, but at my level of understanding, that is my choice as to what I would change.
I don't give it any thought anymore. I used to try but you're right, I understand now that to give any answer other than what has been allowed to happen up to this point, would be wrong.

Not only that, I'd be joining the thought processes of A&E that I know what is best for mankind. Look how that worked out for them.

I'm woefully lacking knowledge, wisdom, prospective, and experience to give a credible answer. Not even in my imagination could I ever think I could compare to Jehovah's thinking. (1 Cor 1:18-25)

The only people that I would be able to think for would be Adam or Eve. Don't put me in God's shoes, put me in Adam's shoes and I would change the world for the better in one simple act. I wouldn't have eaten the freakin' fruit! Consider that possibility for awhile. While folks are trying to play God and think they can fix what they perceive He did wrong, while they're at it perhaps they could play man for a sec and consider what would happen if they changed what Adam did wrong.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #12

Post by Purple Knight »

2timothy316 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:27 amI don't give it any thought anymore. I used to try but you're right, I understand now that to give any answer other than what has been allowed to happen up to this point, would be wrong.

Not only that, I'd be joining the thought processes of A&E that I know what is best for mankind. Look how that worked out for them.

I'm woefully lacking knowledge, wisdom, prospective, and experience to give a credible answer. Not even in my imagination could I ever think I could compare to Jehovah's thinking. (1 Cor 1:18-25)
You can do anything in your imagination. And I don't see how it could be wrong because God gave you that imagination and limited you to that understanding.

There are people who have more knowledge than I do about, let's say, car engines. And I can say, well, at the level of my understanding, it seems to me that I would do that instead of that other thing. I can know I'm wrong, but I can still answer the question at the level of my own understanding. This can even help me learn.

...Is totally what Lucifer would say. Nonetheless it's true.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by Eloi »

What I could say is: now that you know that soon this wicked system of things is going to be totally dismantled and that human beings who do not have the necessary attitude are not going to move on to the next, what will you do about it?

It is not the past that can be changed ... it is your own future.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #14

Post by Purple Knight »

Eloi wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:43 pm What I could say is: now that you know that soon this wicked system of things is going to be totally dismantled and that human beings who do not have the necessary attitude are not going to move on to the next, what will you do about it?

It is not the past that can be changed ... it is your own future.
I was born wicked and I don't think I can help it. I don't even have a functioning conscience. Mine points the wrong way. I see things oppositely of normal people. I don't think I'm literally the antichrist but if there is one, it'll be someone who thinks like I do, someone with a mind just like mine.

I find I don't want the reward. I want nothingness. I do want to be good, though for me wanting to be good is just wanting something I don't, and can never, understand. It's like a kid asking for a spearmint because it's pretty and green, but he wouldn't like the taste if he actually got one.

And you know, part of Adam and Eve's experiment is that everyone, including you, has to try. We have to try, with our limited capacities, to make the world better, and if all the good people do is give up and say they won't try because God knows best, it wasn't a true test. It didn't test anything. Your limited capacity is enough to try, to think about what could be better in every possible way.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by Eloi »

Well, you are in the wrong subforum then.
I am sure there is a lot of room on internet for people like you ... They will appreciate your support there and maybe you can learn to be more "evil" than what you are proud to be ... and get quicker the end you are trying to reach. Just saying :)

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #16

Post by Purple Knight »

Eloi wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:01 pmI am sure there is a lot of room on internet for people like you ...
Believe it or not, there isn't. Everyone is the hero of their own story, thinking themselves good and others that are evil. I can say with confidence that I'm the only one who is the villain of my own story, and I'm certainly not proud of it.

I want to be good but only in the evil way of wanting to satisfy my own ego. I see good people, and I wish to be like them because they are admirable and I want the admiration, even if only from myself. So obviously, when I imitate good people with this motive, it doesn't make me anything close to good.

Now it's possible that I'm the only one in the world this depraved but it's also possible that I'm simply the only one too smart for myself and unable to deceive myself about my own motives.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by Eloi »

There is nothing wrong on thinking on yourself and loving yourself.

The person who does not do it, will probably never realize what it means to love another, because if you are not aware of what you like and what you do not like, what hurts you and what does not, etc., how will you know how your actions affect others?

I am a Jehovah's Witness because I love myself so much ... even though there are many more reasons.

Nobody has an easy life, and deciding what to do with your own life is something that not many can manage to clarify. Keep trying ... but don't delay. The world moves, even if you don't realize it.

I don't think this topic interests me very much, so I hope you can at least express yourself. It'll be good for you.
Have an excellent day.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #18

Post by 2timothy316 »

Purple Knight wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:37 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:27 amI don't give it any thought anymore. I used to try but you're right, I understand now that to give any answer other than what has been allowed to happen up to this point, would be wrong.

You can do anything in your imagination. And I don't see how it could be wrong because God gave you that imagination and limited you to that understanding.

There are people who have more knowledge than I do about, let's say, car engines. And I can say, well, at the level of my understanding, it seems to me that I would do that instead of that other thing. I can know I'm wrong, but I can still answer the question at the level of my own understanding. This can even help me learn.

...Is totally what Lucifer would say. Nonetheless it's true.
True, we can do anything in our imagination. I am sure there are people that are people right now using their imagination to steal something from someone. Perhaps some are even using their imagination on how to kill somebody. Thus not everything should be imagined. The Bible gives this warning, "But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death." - James 1:14. We could even replace the word 'desire' with 'imagination' in this scripture and get the same message. Both good AND bad actions do not come out of nowhere, they start in one's mind. Some things we shouldn't be imagining how to do better.

I don't want to give myself over to the idea that 'I could to better than God'. Even in my imagination. This could lead to haughtiness. Look at some the posts on this very thread. Do you see how much greater they see themselves over other people. Some might see me as a person lesser than them because I'm not giving an answer and instead I'm giving my answer over to Jehovah.

While we both could have a certain level of understanding of how a car engine works, that knowledge pales in comparison in what Jehovah would know about car engines. He'd know things about engines that we could never know. He'd know ALL engines ever made, in use right now, and all possible engines that could ever be imagined. Who could ever imagine making something better than someone that has that kind of knowledge? Who in their right mind would shake their fist at Jehovah and say, 'I can make a better car engine than you'!

One can learn without imagining they could do something better than God. Questioning why He did something so as to learn is fine, but to imagine that He was wrong or we could do better if we were in charge is foolish.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #19

Post by Purple Knight »

2timothy316 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:37 pmWhile we both could have a certain level of understanding of how a car engine works, that knowledge pales in comparison in what Jehovah would know about car engines. He'd know things about engines that we could never know. He'd know ALL engines ever made, in use right now, and all possible engines that could ever be imagined.
And of course he could make the perfect car engine. When he makes a perfect engine, it's expected; that is the level of his ability. But if you make a functional one, that's spectacular.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #20

Post by 2timothy316 »

Purple Knight wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:50 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:37 pmWhile we both could have a certain level of understanding of how a car engine works, that knowledge pales in comparison in what Jehovah would know about car engines. He'd know things about engines that we could never know. He'd know ALL engines ever made, in use right now, and all possible engines that could ever be imagined.
And of course he could make the perfect car engine. When he makes a perfect engine, it's expected; that is the level of his ability. But if you make a functional one, that's spectacular.
I know if I had a choice between a car made by me and one made by Jehovah, I'd choose Jehovah's. It wouldn't even be a close contest.