The Atonement

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

The Atonement

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

To all true Christians there is nothing more important to our salvation than "The Atonement of Jesus Christ".

Having said that, is it not therefore extremely important to every individual to understand fully what and how the atonement works for our benefit?

What does the atonement do or does not do?

What is required on our part to receive the full benefits of the atonement?

What and when and by whom did the atonement begin?

Can anyone clearly show all scriptures pertaining to the atonement?

I look forward to hearing your "take" on this most important topic.

Kind regards,
RW

William
Savant

Re: The Atonement

Post #41

Post by William »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:13 am
William wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:38 am Do you think The Creator is bound by the same conditions as human parents?
No, He's bound by higher requirements.

He must be just and true, and He cannot lie:

Well, taking that view and placing it next to my observations on human parents, this only reinforces the idea that The Creator figure in the story is not analogous with human parenting. Thus, there is no point in even attempting to make the comparison as such would do nothing real in the way of supporting the Garden of Eden story. Therefore the comparison can be rejected as support that the entity in the story is anything like human parents.

The story presents someone more along the lines of a childless scientist who decides to create Humans just because he can.

Benevolent parenting skills [such as humans have been know to display] don't come into it. Use of such analogy in order to somehow support ones belief in said being, a benevolent parent-figure doth not make.

Also to note;

There was no apparent justice in how the Serpent was dealt with. It was a case of shoot first and forego the questions.
The penalties the pair received outweighed the [so-called] crime they committed.
While it may be that the god-entity 'cannot lie' he did withhold information which might have helped the children-figures in the story, make better decisions.
Which most would agree, is not exactly the best way to go about parenting...

So I argue that if one wants to think that a Creator is the cause for what exists, then put such stories into the "Probably Untrue" folder and look elsewhere for clues which offer support for the notion that we exist within a creation.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #42

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:32 pm The story presents someone more along the lines of a childless scientist who decides to create Humans just because he can.
Then you do not understand the reason mankind was created.

William
Savant

Post #43

Post by William »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:28 pm
William wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:32 pm The story presents someone more along the lines of a childless scientist who decides to create Humans just because he can.
On the contrary - I understand the reason Christians claim as to why humans were created.

When it comes to the evidence the actual creation provides us, I see clearly that the Christian claims do not align with that evidence.

I would rather understand creation as the evidence presents rather than accept the romantic inclinations Christians have superimposed over that evidence, in an effort to dress The Creator up in the imagery that they do.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #44

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:19 pm
On the contrary - I understand the reason Christians claim as to why humans were created.
Which Christians?
William wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:19 pm When it comes to the evidence the actual creation provides us, I see clearly that the Christian claims do not align with that evidence.

I would rather understand creation as the evidence presents rather than accept the romantic inclinations Christians have superimposed over that evidence, in an effort to dress The Creator up in the imagery that they do.
Are you referring to scientific evidence or the biblical story.

William
Savant

Post #45

Post by William »

Which Christians?
The ones who say things such as;

"You do not understand the reason mankind was created."

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #46

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:58 pm
Which Christians?

Reason is singular.

If you know the reason that mankind was created as taught by Christians who say things such as "You do not understand the reason mankind was created," then you only know the reason that sect of Christians believes that mankind was created.

====================================================

There are probably thousands of other Christian denominations with different beliefs about why mankind was created.

The true reason is in the Bible. And of course, that will be what every different denomination claims as their source.

William
Savant

Post #47

Post by William »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:42 pm
William wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:58 pm
Which Christians?

Reason is singular.

If you know the reason that mankind was created as taught by Christians who say things such as "You do not understand the reason mankind was created," then you only know the reason that sect of Christians believes that mankind was created.

There are probably thousands of other Christian denominations with different beliefs about why mankind was created.

The true reason is in the Bible. And of course, that will be what every different denomination claims as their source.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #48

Post by Revelations won »

Dear William and myth-one.com,

I have not seen from your posts a clear statement on why we were created,

Perhaps you should consider the following.

True religion should have clear answers to the following life questions:

A clear understanding where we came from, why we are here, and what is our eternal destiny intended by our Father in Heaven.

It appears from your posts that you have no idea what our views are relating to the above statement.

Kind regards,
RW

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #49

Post by myth-one.com »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:48 am Dear William and myth-one.com,

A clear understanding where we came from, why we are here, and what is our eternal destiny intended by our Father in Heaven.

It appears from your posts that you have no idea what our views are relating to the above statement.

Kind regards,
RW
Does "we" refer to religionists or all mankind?

We (mankind) were created in the re-creation of the earth about 6,000 ago.

We are being groomed to eventually replace the angels which were created originally as earthly caretakers.

We are here to learn that we should respect God and keep His commandments.

The destiny of believers is to be born again as everlasting angels to replace those original angels who rebelled against God and failed to care for the earth.

Humans who choose not to participate in the above will perish for all eternity.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #50

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:18 pm
Revelations won wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:48 am Dear William and myth-one.com,

Kind regards,
RW
Does "we" refer to religionists or all mankind?

We (mankind) were created in the re-creation of the earth about 6,000 ago.

We are being groomed to eventually replace the angels which were created originally as earthly caretakers, but later rebelled.

We are here to learn that we should respect God and keep His commandments. These characteristics will be job requirements for those of us who will help rule over the earth eternally.

The destiny of believers is to be born again as everlasting angels to replace those original angels who rebelled against God and failed to care for the earth.

Humans who choose not to participate in the above will perish for all eternity.