Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

Post #1

Post by Aetixintro »

Let's assume that "Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine". And that a mob chose sinful Barabbas to be released and Jesus to be crucified!

Isn't there a chance that the story of Jesus as somebody innocent to be ill-treated by a mob is a warning to us? That is, we should instead look after and up to the most worthy of us and let them guide us according to the basic prayer of The New Testament that says to "create an Earth where God's will take place as in Heaven"!

For discussion:
What do you think of Jesus? Is it really credible to live as one who has crucified Jesus? Isn't it awful to crucify one who has a big God inside, i.e., God's temple?

Other question:
Wouldn't God know the injustice people have died from when they return to Heaven after suffering death? Isn't God supposed to be all-knowing, the omniscience?
And despite all the prayers to God from worthy people to make all the suffering stop, God is supposed to not know about them either? Isn't it incoherent?

IMO: Jesus is a warning to us as Christians to watch up for injustice and to fight back "with a sword we bought". Jesus is supposed to be vindicated by defeating the true criminals and lead all of World's population to a wonderful place, "The Promised Land"!
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Miles
Savant

Re: Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

Post #2

Post by Miles »

Aetixintro wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:21 pm Let's assume that "Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine". And that a mob chose sinful Barabbas to be released and Jesus to be crucified!

Isn't there a chance that the story of Jesus as somebody innocent to be ill-treated by a mob is a warning to us?
A warning of what?

That is, we should instead look after and up to the most worthy of us and let them guide us according to the basic prayer of The New Testament that says to "create an Earth where God's will take place as in Heaven"!
Is this the "warning"? Just what is its subject?

For discussion:
What do you think of Jesus?
A possible person around whom tales of miracles and salvation were woven.

Is it really credible to live as one who has crucified Jesus?
Certainly. No less so than having crucified someone else. Why would some Roman soliders care?

Isn't it awful to crucify one who has a big God inside, i.e., God's temple?
I've always thought that crucifixion was inhumane, hence awful. So having a big god or a big bird inside wouldn't make any difference.

Other question:
Wouldn't God know the injustice people have died from when they return to Heaven after suffering death? Isn't God supposed to be all-knowing, the omniscience?
Yup. According to Christians anyway, god knows everything.

And despite all the prayers to God from worthy people to make all the suffering stop, God is supposed to not know about them either? Isn't it incoherent?
But according to the bible god ain't all that nice, unless you consider creating evil to be nice.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things

So why would you expect him to stop suffering when he's probably the largest cause of it?

IMO: Jesus is a warning to us as Christians to watch up for injustice and to fight back "with a sword we bought". Jesus is supposed to be vindicated by defeating the true criminals and lead all of World's population to a wonderful place, "The Promised Land"!
Okey-dokey

Revelations won
Sage

Re: Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

Post #3

Post by Revelations won »

Dear Miles,

Thank you for your last post. From my perspective it is obvious that you are missing the full scope of God's plan of salvation provided for his children. As tender loving parent he wants all of his children to succeed and achieve all that they can and become like him. Christ has now received all the power, glory and fullness that God the Father has. If we are faithful we also are promised the same.

The eternal plan of God the father does not and will not fail. He makes no mistakes. In his eternal wisdom he understood that we would make mistakes while in mortality. He clearly foreknew of all that we would face while in mortality. With that foreknowledge he knew an infinite and eternal savior and atonement would be required and as the scriptures testify, he foreordained Jesus Christ for that mission before the foundations of this earth were even laid.

Mortality was indeed a part and parcel of his plan. He knew the there must needs be an opposition in all things as part of our mortal probation or test.

The agency given to man was and is also an important and vital component required for our progress. In other words we were given the freedom to act and not to be acted upon.

In the above I have thrown in a few views of my take onGod's plan of salvation.

So, Miles, would you not agree that if there was no opposition in all things that we would make little progress in overcoming all opposition?

The record shows that Lucifer or Satan was cast out of heaven along with those that followed him to this earth and they were permitted to tempt and test all mankind. Would not this act alone appear to be a very stupid mistake by God, unless there was divine wisdom and powerful purpose in this decision? Was there divine wisdom in allowing man to choose good or evil as a free agent? Have the scriptures made it very clear THAT BY THE ETERNAL PRINCIPLE OF AGENCY MAN CAN EITHER OVERCOME THE WORLD OR CHOOSE ULTIMATE FAILURE?

So Miles, I have expressed a few of my thoughts above. Hopefully this will give you a clearer picture of our origin and potential destiny.

Kind regards,
RW