Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Jehovah's Witnesses: False Prophecies

Post #1

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

First off, let me preface this by saying the following..

1. As mentioned on another thread, I have many years invested in dealing with Jehovah's Witnesses (JW's), from family, to friends, to strangers. I am very familiar with them and their theology.

2. I am beginning a series of threads attacking their "Christian" theology and doctrine. This one, as titled, deals with Jehovah's Witnesses and their false prophecies.

3. I have beef with, not only JW's, but ANYONE of whom I believe to be spreading false Christian doctrine. This includes, but not limited to...

A.) Mormons
B.) Catholics
C.) World Mission Society Church of God
D.) Hebrew Israelites

Jehovah's Witnesses are just one of many false Christian denominations. But, we are talking about Jehovah's Witnesses for now.

So, the question is ultimately; Why do I feel as if Jehovah's Witnesses are false teachers? There are many reasons, and one of those reasons is their many failed attempts at predicting prophecy.

Before I continue on post #2, keep in mind that future threads in this series will go straight to the gusto, with no preface.

Just FYI.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

otseng
Savant

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: False Prophecies

Post #171

Post by otseng »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:47 pm It is all a satanic, narcissistic, mind controlling game.
Moderator Comment

Please do not disparage other beliefs.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #172

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:22 am
Checkpoint wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:50 am [Replying to Checkpoint in post #101]

It seems you will not be replying to this post.

I think that is quite understandable in view of the work pressures this thread is putting you under.
Its not a matter of time or pressure, I'm grateful for an opportunity to post on this topic. I have posted our own current understanding of THE GENTILE TIMES and explained it as best I can. I do not wish to go back and forth with people who evidently do not themselves have any explaination for the scriptures under examination nor do I wish to answer questions I see as pointless, overly vague or just plain garbled.

If you think there is an error in the Jehovahs Witness interpretation of any given passage, you might like to post a detailed explanation of what the correct understanding is and submit yourself to the same cross examination you seem to be seeking from me.
Good points, well put together. Taken by me, where applicable.

But, I am cross-examining you in my last post?

I was only asking two questions.

They were addressed to:

"So I repeat my questions, in the hope that a few answers will come, from
both JWs and non-JW Christians

I do have an opinion on various issues that I am happy to explain and defend.

But not concerning most predictive ones not yet fulfilled.

Including this "prophecy-clock" one on "the times of the Gentiles"

I am no prophecy expert, and have no interest in becoming one.

I therefore have no detailed understanding of the correct view of this and related passages.

Anyone who has is welcome to present their case, as you have multiple times.

At this stage, perhaps someone can answer these two questions I earlier asked:
1. Is the 2520 years an accurate figure that results from a proper use of the "times" combination?

2. How accurate or authoritative is the date that started the 2520 years?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #173

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Checkpoint wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:59 pm
The starting date is biblically sound (based on the assumed authoritative truth of the Prophet Jeremiah) although it does differ from secular sources.

607 BCE Why does the date given by Jehovah's Witnesses for the Fall of Jerusalem to the Babylonians, differ from that of most historians of ?
viewtopic.php?p=825698#p825698

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

GOD'S KINGDOM, 1914 and ... THE GENTILE TIMES
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #174

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:10 am
Checkpoint wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:59 pm
The starting date is biblically sound (based on the assumed authoritative truth of the Prophet Jeremiah) although it does differ from secular sources.

607 BCE Why does the date given by Jehovah's Witnesses for the Fall of Jerusalem to the Babylonians, differ from that of most historians of ?
viewtopic.php?p=825698#p825698

JW
Thanks for that explanation, that answers my second question.

I wonder what the answer to that question would be for the "many" non-JWs you referred to.

Maybe they don't have any answer. Perhaps they have a different starting point and/or do not have a known or calculated specific time period that needs a start year?

Hopefully, a poster of that belief will enlighten me in their answer to my second question.

In the meantime, JW, please now answer this, my first question:

1. Is the 2520 years an accurate figure that results from a proper use of the "times" combination?

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

GOD'S KINGDOM, 1914 and ... THE GENTILE TIMES
[/quote]

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #175

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Checkpoint wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:13 am

I have no idea what you mean by "a proper use of the "times" combination" .

I have no idea what the expression " the times combination " refers to and I do not know why you refer to "a proper use" of it (whatever it is). Presumably it is in contrast to an "improper use" but of course you have neither explained what it is or proven the premise that it (whatever it is) has been demonstrated to be used "improperly" in my posts and /or anywhere.

So no I will not answer the question since it is garbled and I would have to ask you a series of questions to "ungarble it". Questions which I suspect you will be unable or unwilling to answer. And which will take time I am unwilling to waste on someone that by their own admission has no idea what the prophecy under discussion actually means anyway.

I'm happy to use my time to speak about God's kingdom and everything connected with it but at 16,000 posts forgive me if I choose not to waste it on questions I suspect are being pulled randomly out of a hat.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #176

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:18 am
Checkpoint wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:13 am

I have no idea what you mean by "a proper use of the "times" combination" .

I have no idea what the expression " the times combination " refers to and I do not know why you refer to "a proper use" of it (whatever it is). Presumably it is in contrast to an "improper use" but of course you have neither explained what it is or proven the premise that it (whatever it is) has been demonstrated to be used "improperly" in my posts and /or anywhere.

So no I will not answer the question since it is garbled and I would have to ask you a series of questions to "ungarble it". Questions which I suspect you will be unable or unwilling to answer. And which will take time I am unwilling to waste on someone that by their own admission has no idea what the prophecy under discussion actually means anyway.

I'm happy to use my time to speak about God's kingdom and everything connected with it but at 16,000 posts forgive me if I choose not to waste it on questions I suspect are being pulled randomly out of a hat.

JW
Touche!

Forgiven but not forgotten.

You answered my second question, but not the first, as it was garbled.

Fair enough, good for you.

I could ungarble it, but will not do that in this post.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #177

Post by onewithhim »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:26 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:22 am If you think there is an error in the Jehovahs Witness interpretation of any given passage, you might like to post a detailed explanation of what the correct understanding is and submit yourself to the same cross examination you seem to be seeking from me.
Or, we can simply admit we don't have a clear understanding of the passage in question, while at the same time scrutinizing those who claim to be the "truth" with their wishy washy interpretations which beared no fruitful results.
If you don't have a clear understanding of a topic, then how can you claim that JWs are wishy washy and accomplish no fruitful results?

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #178

Post by Eloi »

PinSeeker wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:53 pm
Eloi wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:25 am We don't need to talk to every Jehovah's Witness in the world to find out what they think about biblical teachings. If they haven't told you yet, this people meets these requirements of the true Christian congregation:

Eph. 4:1 I, therefore, the prisoner in [the] Lord, entreat YOU to walk worthily of the calling with which YOU were called, 2 with complete lowliness of mind and mildness, with long-suffering, putting up with one another in love, 3 earnestly endeavoring to observe the oneness of the spirit in the uniting bond of peace. 4 One body there is, and one spirit, even as YOU were called in the one hope to which YOU were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all [persons], who is over all and through all and in all.
Hey, Eloi, would you say that the Israel God talks about in the Bible is equivalent with the Jehovah's Witness organization? Surely not...

And I mean this in love, but I can tell you that you and all your JW brethren do not meet, anywhere close to perfectly, anything mentioned in verses 1 through 3 above. Frankly, neither does any other Christian, me included.

Grace and peace to you, my friend.

The "Israel of God" are the anointed brothers of Christ. Our Governing Body is just a small part of that group that began to be chosen from Pentecost 33 AD. This small modern part of the anointed ones has led the worldwide preaching work and collaborated with Jesus and Jehovah in helping others to know the truth so they can separate themselves from the lies of the religious part that belongs to the world, and not to God.

Not all Witnesses are part of the anointed ones, but we all have the same principles and await God's salvation from the judgment that awaits this wicked system of things ruled by Satan and his angels. These people is not part of that world, whether those hoping to reign with Christ in heaven or those others who hope that this government will turn the earth into a paradise where they will continue to live or resurrect if dead.

It is your job to find the differences between this people and the false religious world so that you can act quickly on your own behalf. Our job is to try and help you realize it ... It all depends on your attitude (Matt. 25: 31-46).

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #179

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:53 am If you don't have a clear understanding of a topic, then how can you claim that JWs are wishy washy and accomplish no fruitful results?
I already shared the scripture where God said that if a prophet makes a prediction that does not come to past, then this person is a false prophet and we do not need to listen to him.

JW's have historically claimed to be a/the prophet of God, yet they bear no fruits of accurate predictions.

And I by no means am buying the whole "we did not claim to be prophets" or "by 'prophet' we meant X,Y Z" stuff.

Surely if those predictions were found to be accurate, JW's wouldn't have any problems with wearing the "prophet" hat, but since we know that the predictions were inaccurate, the meaning of "prophet" has to be changed by them (see forum member Jehovah's Witness' explanation) to cover up the blunder.

Again, it is a gaslighting tactic that the weak-minded fall for.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #180

Post by Eloi »

[Replying to We_Are_VENOM in post #2] You are confusing Jehovah's Witnesses with Christendom. In that religious world there are many who say "God told me ..." ... Is it not them that you mean? It is not us; We have never said anything like that. Don't compare us.