Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

On women preachers

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Howdy y'all, how y'all doing?
I know I aint much sposed to here, but here we go...

It seems as if there's a thing there, where the womenfolk're to be hushed in church.

But what if I'm in church, and it didn't done burn down, and there's a male preacher there, apreaching and carrying on, only he either can't sale him the tale, or I can't me understand it.

But theres a woman there, who sets me right on the path, straight and true.

For debate:

Should women preachers be allowed to do em it from the pulpit?

I remind folks that in this section of the site, well how bout that :wave:
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Re: On women preachers

Post #61

Post by PinSeeker »

Miles wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:28 pm And what of those verses showing him to be a real #^$#&? Oh, I know, you just ignore them.
Absolutely not. I just understand them correctly.

Oh, that was for OWH. Well, I'm sure she would say the same thing.

Grace and peace to you.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #62

Post by PinSeeker »

Miles wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:06 pm
PinSeeker wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:08 pm
Miles wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:04 pm I haven't the faintest idea of what "evil is meant upon someone" means.
You should, because that's what you're accusing God of.
Miles wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:04 pm Ah, but god does make mistakes.
Some people may think so, but no. Absolutely not. His thoughts and ways are not ours (Isaiah 55). And His knowledge is far higher than we can attain to (Psalm 139).
Miles wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:04 pm People don't repent, regret, or feel sorry for the right things they've done, but they do for the mistakes they've made.
Well, I mean there it is: God is not a "people." :) He's not a sinner, like people are, and not sinful in anything (everything) He does, as people are. So, a.) there is never any need for repentance on God's part because He is without sin, and b.) it follows closely that even His regret ~ unlike that of people ~ is sinless and absolutely holy.

Grace and peace to you.
Have a nice day.
LOL! You too, my friend. Grace and peace to you.

otseng
Savant

Post #63

Post by otseng »

Miles wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:28 pm And what of those verses showing him to be a real #^$#&? Oh, I know, you just ignore them.
Moderator Comment

Please note coded profanity is against the rules.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #64

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:28 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:41 am
Miles wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:59 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:57 am
My point was.....that is what "evil" connotates in the verses---calamity or woe.
And I see "calamity" and "woe" as connoting evil. ;)
It is not that God created evil to be loosed on all mankind. It would be evil, calamity, woe, dire difficulty, etc., imposed on the wicked for their horrendous deeds towards innocent people.
Nice thought, I guess. Got any chapter and verse supporting this notion?

Only the plethora of verses that show Jehovah to be merciful and kind.
And what of those verses showing him to be a real #^$#&? Oh, I know, you just ignore them.

Well, he can't be both! I choose to see him as merciful and loving, which he is in the majority of Scripture. Otherwise, if you have no respect for the Bible (which must be the case if you see no redeeming qualities in its Author), just toss it out and not further discuss it. (I await the time when all things will be revealed to us. I know Jehovah will be revealed once more as merciful.)

Miles
Savant

Post #65

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:01 pm
My point was.....that is what "evil" connotates in the verses---calamity or woe.
It is not that God created evil to be loosed on all mankind. It would be evil, calamity, woe, dire difficulty, etc., imposed on the wicked for their horrendous deeds towards innocent people.

And what of those verses showing him to be a real #^$#&? Oh, I know, you just ignore them.

Well, he can't be both!
Why not? I've never seen a rule saying god cannot sometimes be merciful and loving and sometimes be unmerciful and unloving. Have you seen any rule saying he must be completely merciful and loving? I haven't.

I choose to see him as merciful and loving, which he is in the majority of Scripture.
From what I've read this is highly debatable. And, no, I'm not up to it.

Otherwise, if you have no respect for the Bible (which must be the case if you see no redeeming qualities in its Author), just toss it out and not further discuss it. (I await the time when all things will be revealed to us. I know Jehovah will be revealed once more as merciful.)
You "know"? I seriously doubt this. More like "I need to believe Jehovah will be revealed once more as merciful."

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #66

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Miles wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:31 pm ...
:facepalm:

We ain't never gonna win these debates by saying that bunch there's being it all ignorey, while excusing ourselves to do just the same.

You're smarter'n this Miles! Get yourself back up to the plate, and swing for the fences!
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Miles
Savant

Post #67

Post by Miles »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:02 pm
Miles wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:31 pm ...
:facepalm:

We ain't never gonna win these debates by saying that bunch there's being it all ignorey, while excusing ourselves to do just the same.

You're smarter'n this Miles! Get yourself back up to the plate, and swing for the fences!
Sometimes we play the game just for the fun of it.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #68

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:31 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:01 pm

Well, he can't be both!
Why not? I've never seen a rule saying god cannot sometimes be merciful and loving and sometimes be unmerciful and unloving. Have you seen any rule saying he must be completely merciful and loving? I haven't.
Abraham said to Jehovah: "It is unthinkable that you would act in this manner by putting the righteous man to death with the wicked one so that the outcome for the righteous man and the wicked is the same! It is unthinkable of you." (Genesis 18:25) Abraham knew God to be always merciful, and so did all of the patriarchs and prophets. They bet their lives on it.

Miles
Savant

Post #69

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:06 pm
Abraham said to Jehovah: "It is unthinkable that you would act in this manner by putting the righteous man to death with the wicked one so that the outcome for the righteous man and the wicked is the same! It is unthinkable of you." (Genesis 18:25) Abraham knew God to be always merciful, and so did all of the patriarchs and prophets. They bet their lives on it.
So what? What does this have to do with the possibility that god could sometimes be merciful and loving and sometimes be unmerciful and unloving? That Abraham and all the patriarchs and prophets "knew God to be always merciful" is only your opinion, unless, that is, it comes from some scripture. Got any?

Then, sans your commentary, plus the complete verse as it appears in the NWT:

25 It is unthinkable that you would act in this manner by putting the righteous man to death with the wicked one so that the outcome for the righteous man and the wicked is the same! It is unthinkable of you. Will the Judge of all the earth not do what is right?”

Almost all of which is Abraham's opinion, and what isn't his opinion is his question that's based on his opinion: "Will the Judge of all the earth not do what is right?"m To which I can only ask, why should anyone care what Abraham thinks of god's actions? Was he infallible?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #70

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:36 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:06 pm
So what? What does this have to do with the possibility that god could sometimes be merciful and loving and sometimes be unmerciful and unloving? That Abraham and all the patriarchs and prophets "knew God to be always merciful" is only your opinion, unless, that is, it comes from some scripture. Got any?

Then, sans your commentary, plus the complete verse as it appears in the NWT:

25 It is unthinkable that you would act in this manner by putting the righteous man to death with the wicked one so that the outcome for the righteous man and the wicked is the same! It is unthinkable of you. Will the Judge of all the earth not do what is right?”

Almost all of which is Abraham's opinion, and what isn't his opinion is his question that's based on his opinion: "Will the Judge of all the earth not do what is right?"m To which I can only ask, why should anyone care what Abraham thinks of god's actions? Was he infallible

Well, for one thing, Moses recited the words to a song that were inspired by the infallible God:

"The Rock, perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice, a God of faithfulness who is never unjust, righteous and upright is he." (Deuteronomy 32:4)

So, the Bible says that God is never unjust, and always upright and righteous. You asked for scriptures, so there is one.