Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

On women preachers

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Howdy y'all, how y'all doing?
I know I aint much sposed to here, but here we go...

It seems as if there's a thing there, where the womenfolk're to be hushed in church.

But what if I'm in church, and it didn't done burn down, and there's a male preacher there, apreaching and carrying on, only he either can't sale him the tale, or I can't me understand it.

But theres a woman there, who sets me right on the path, straight and true.

For debate:

Should women preachers be allowed to do em it from the pulpit?

I remind folks that in this section of the site, well how bout that :wave:
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Miles
Savant

Re: On women preachers

Post #71

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:00 am
Miles wrote: So what? What does this have to do with the possibility that god could sometimes be merciful and loving and sometimes be unmerciful and unloving? That Abraham and all the patriarchs and prophets "knew God to be always merciful" is only your opinion, unless, that is, it comes from some scripture. Got any?

Then, sans your commentary, plus the complete verse as it appears in the NWT:

25 It is unthinkable that you would act in this manner by putting the righteous man to death with the wicked one so that the outcome for the righteous man and the wicked is the same! It is unthinkable of you. Will the Judge of all the earth not do what is right?”

Almost all of which is Abraham's opinion, and what isn't his opinion is his question that's based on his opinion: "Will the Judge of all the earth not do what is right?"m To which I can only ask, why should anyone care what Abraham thinks of god's actions? Was he infallible

Well, for one thing, Moses recited the words to a song that were inspired by the infallible God:

"The Rock, perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice, a God of faithfulness who is never unjust, righteous and upright is he." (Deuteronomy 32:4)

So, the Bible says that God is never unjust, and always upright and righteous. You asked for scriptures, so there is one.
Question 1. Why do you qualify "god" with "of faithfulness"? Is there another god who is not "of faithfulness"? And just how does a "god of faithfulness" differ from a simple "god"?

Question 2. You say "the Bible says that God is never unjust, and always upright and righteous." Could the Bible ever be wrong about this? Is it really just to own other people and pass them down as property to your children; how about beating them as long as they don't die within a day or two? Or how about instructing others to slaughter innocent infants. Think that shows some kind of justice? And how about instructing your followers to kill practicing male homosexuals. Is that truly just? How many such homosexuals have you killed?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #72

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:48 pm
Miles wrote: So what? What does this have to do with the possibility that god could sometimes be merciful and loving and sometimes be unmerciful and unloving? That Abraham and all the patriarchs and prophets "knew God to be always merciful" is only your opinion, unless, that is, it comes from some scripture. Got any?

25 It is unthinkable that you would act in this manner by putting the righteous man to death with the wicked one so that the outcome for the righteous man and the wicked is the same! It is unthinkable of you. Will the Judge of all the earth not do what is right?”

Almost all of which is Abraham's opinion, and what isn't his opinion is his question that's based on his opinion: "Will the Judge of all the earth not do what is right?"m To which I can only ask, why should anyone care what Abraham thinks of god's actions? Was he infallible

Well, for one thing, Moses recited the words to a song that were inspired by the infallible God:

"The Rock, perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice, a God of faithfulness who is never unjust, righteous and upright is he." (Deuteronomy 32:4)

So, the Bible says that God is never unjust, and always upright and righteous. You asked for scriptures, so there is one.
Question 1. Why do you qualify "god" with "of faithfulness"? Is there another god who is not "of faithfulness"? And just how does a "god of faithfulness" differ from a simple "god"?

Question 2. You say "the Bible says that God is never unjust, and always upright and righteous." Could the Bible ever be wrong about this? Is it really just to own other people and pass them down as property to your children; how about beating them as long as they don't die within a day or two? Or how about instructing others to slaughter innocent infants. Think that shows some kind of justice? And how about instructing your followers to kill practicing male homosexuals. Is that truly just? How many such homosexuals have you killed?

Did you not ask for verses to back up the fact that God is just and merciful? I have shown you just a couple out of many. I guess I'll just have to say that yes, I "cherry pick" the Scriptures. I have said for years that the Bible sometimes falls prey to the embellishments of the human writers, yet the main message is there---Christ and the Kingdom will set all matters straight, and Jehovah is the best One to run the universe. I don't believe that Jehovah would ever ask for the slaughter of innocent children. Ever. There is more in the Bible to show that he is loving and merciful than there is to show the opposite. I believe the scale is balanced in his favor.

Miles
Savant

Post #73

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:46 pm

Did you not ask for verses to back up the fact that God is just and merciful?
Did I?... Nope!

I have shown you just a couple out of many. I guess I'll just have to say that yes, I "cherry pick" the Scriptures.
How admirable. :roll:

I have said for years that the Bible sometimes falls prey to the embellishments of the human writers, yet the main message is there---Christ and the Kingdom will set all matters straight, and Jehovah is the best One to run the universe. I don't believe that Jehovah would ever ask for the slaughter of innocent children. Ever. There is more in the Bible to show that he is loving and merciful than there is to show the opposite.
And of course this couldn't be a case of "falling prey to the embellishments of the human writers." Of course not. :lol:

onewithhim
Savant

Post #74

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:56 am
onewithhim wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:46 pm

Did you not ask for verses to back up the fact that God is just and merciful?
Did I?... Nope!

I have shown you just a couple out of many. I guess I'll just have to say that yes, I "cherry pick" the Scriptures.
How admirable. :roll:

I have said for years that the Bible sometimes falls prey to the embellishments of the human writers, yet the main message is there---Christ and the Kingdom will set all matters straight, and Jehovah is the best One to run the universe. I don't believe that Jehovah would ever ask for the slaughter of innocent children. Ever. There is more in the Bible to show that he is loving and merciful than there is to show the opposite.
And of course this couldn't be a case of "falling prey to the embellishments of the human writers." Of course not. :lol:

Tell me, Miles, do you personally think that there is any religion that the God who made the universe accepts?

Miles
Savant

Post #75

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:34 pm
Tell me, Miles, do you personally think that there is any religion that the God who made the universe accepts?

Personally, theists have yet to provide convincing evidence any god exists. So, no god, no thinking there is any religion that the God who made the universe accepts. As it stands it's all fabrication.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #76

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Personally, theists have yet to provide convincing evidence any god exists. So, no god, no thinking there is any religion that the God who made the universe accepts. As it stands it's all fabrication.

I see. OK, we'll agree to disagree....is that OK?

Miles
Savant

Post #77

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:35 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:01 pm

I see. OK, we'll agree to disagree....is that OK?
OK.