Fudging The Evidence

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Fudging The Evidence

Post #1

Post by William »

Q: Why did The Creator hide the evidence for The Flood while revealing the evidence for The Dinosaurs?

TRANSPONDER wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:04 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:58 am
DrNoGods wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:33 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #81]

Surely the whole story is allegorical and not meant to be literal fact.

WAS THE FLOOD ACCOUNT MERE ALLEGORY?

Opinions differ on this question but in my opinon the biblical account is very much presented as a literal factual event. Rather than present Noah and his family in vague mystical terms, Noahs lineage and decendants are specifically listed. Although his location is not presented, the events are documented within a specific timeframe, logging months and years to that effect. The record includes where and in what mannet the vessel came aground and more importantly for Christians, Jesus refered to the account in speaking of prophecy involving future real word events, indicating he believed it an actual historical event.

The universiality flood myths can also be seen as indicative that there was indeed some kind of global event that impacted mankinds historical "memory".

CONCLUSION : As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I believe that the authour is not presenting allegory but rather was recording a real historical event.

RELATED POSTS

How does one determine what is or is not literal?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 95#p890395

Are Jehovah's Witnesses "biblical listeralists"?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 28#p868428

Was the biblical flood story mere allegory?[this post]
viewtopic.php?p=1048372#p1048372
To learn more please go to other posts related to ...

THE FLOOD OF NOAH'S DAY , KILLING and ... BIBLICAL LITERALISM

And yet you try to pass off the guarantee uttered by Jesus that a prayer made with faith even as small as a mustard -seed (apparently the Disciples had less even than that) will enable one to relocate real -estate for land -reclamation as 'metaphor' (quote) and yet you want to present the Flood - nonsense as fact, with God faking the world up afterwards to look like it never happened (unless one denies the science). And you even seem to regard Job as factual and I'm pretty sure it's regarded more as a polemic poem.

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Fudging The Evidence

Post #41

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:34 pm [Replying to Tcg in post #35]
We can accept that "the ancients" had no knowledge of fossils, large or small, of any kind.
I don't see that as likely.
Aren't there prehistoric cave "drawings" of dinosaur like animals?

William
Savant

Post #42

Post by William »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:31 pm
William wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:34 pm [Replying to Tcg in post #35]
We can accept that "the ancients" had no knowledge of fossils, large or small, of any kind.
I don't see that as likely.
Aren't there prehistoric cave "drawings" of dinosaur like animals?
No. Dinosaurs had already gone through an extinction event long before cave drawings were created.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #43

Post by nobspeople »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:23 pm
nobspeople wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:05 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:54 am There is nothing in the bible that negates the existence of dinasaurs walking the earth prior to the appearance of humans; that is unless one takes a literal reading of scripture leading to "a young earth" interprtation.

Why do you think (assumingly) that you're right and you others aren't?
For the same reason (assumingly) you do. I have examined the available evidence, given it thought and come to the conclusion I personally find more convincing. Don't we all do the same?
Some do. Others do or believe 'what they're told'.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!