Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

The Thousand Years Rev. 20 Talks About

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

The book of Revelation is a set of visions that Jesus gave to John through an angel after having obtained them from the hand of God, so that John would then transmit them to the Christian congregations of his time. The book is known to have been written at the end of the first century, around 96 C.E.

In Rev. 20 Jesus talks about a Thousand Years to come that comprise a series of events for humanity. He says when that period begins, what happens during it, and how it ends. Although it is a prophecy of the future that will happen only after the destruction of this system of things, it is very interesting, because the events that he describes reveal some fundamental teachings of biblical truth.

Many theologians of Christendom regard the issue of the Millennium as a matter that they cannot pinpoint themselves. When this topic is analyzed in the theological seminaries of Christendom, theologians who act as teachers do not give the students a real teaching on that period that Rev. 20 talks about ... What they do is tell the students the different points of view of the theologians of Christendom, who never agree on many issues. They cannot teach what they do not know ... If they were sent from Jesus to teach, they would know and would not have to confuse students with different interpretations, as if religious lies were acceptable ... just to avoid confrontations between theologians of the Christendom.

What does your pastor or Bible teacher teach about the Millennium that Rev. 20 talks about? What exactly does Jesus tell us about that period? Do you think this vision is "uncomprehensible" or is it easy to understand? What are the implications of these events?

Rev. 20:1And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven with the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2 He seized the dragon, the original serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for 1,000 years. 3 And he hurled him into the abyss and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not mislead the nations anymore until the 1,000 years were ended. After this he must be released for a little while.
4 And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had not worshipped the wild beast or its image and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for 1,000 years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and they will rule as kings with him for the 1,000 years.
7 Now as soon as the 1,000 years have ended, Satan will be released from his prison, 8 and he will go out to mislead those nations in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Maʹgog, to gather them together for the war. The number of these is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they advanced over the whole earth and encircled the camp of the holy ones and the beloved city. But fire came down out of heaven and consumed them. 10 And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulfur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet already were; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne and the One seated on it. From before him the earth and the heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. The dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up the dead in it, and death and the Grave gave up the dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds. 14 And death and the Grave were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. 15 Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire.

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: The Thousand Years Rev. 20 Talks About

Post #11

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:59 pm If after their resurrection, the bodies of the righteous are still earthly flesh and blood bodies, then nothing has changed...
PinSeeker wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:45 pmNo, what's changed is we are no longer sinful, finally just like Jesus.
So what? You cannot inherit the Kingdom of God as flesh and blood sinless humans.
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:59 pm ... and the righteous cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.
PinSeeker wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:45 pmYes, we can, and do, in our no-longer-sinful bodies.
Argue with God, not me. I'm simply quoting things He inspired to be written. Sin no longer controls our salvation:
Romans 6:14 wrote:For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (Romans 6:14)
Although you will not inherit the Kingdom of God in your physical sinless body; nonetheless, I think it's incredible that you've conquered sin.

WOW! Good for you.
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:59 pm We must be changed to heavenly spiritual bodies so that we can accept our inheritance into the Kingdom of God!!
PinSeeker wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:45 pmYes, and some of us already have been, though now only in part, . . .
There is no "in part" spiritual body!!

The natural body comes first and the spiritual body comes last. Haven't we covered that already?

Once again, that's according to the inspired words of God -- not me.

May you accept the truth and be set free.

Myth-one.com

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by PinSeeker »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:40 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:59 pm If after their resurrection, the bodies of the righteous are still earthly flesh and blood bodies, then nothing has changed...
PinSeeker wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:45 pmNo, what's changed is we are no longer sinful, finally just like Jesus.
You cannot inherit the Kingdom of God as flesh and blood sinless humans.
Myth-one, Jesus was ~ and is ~ flesh and blood. But He was not and is not of the flesh, but of God the Father. When Jesus returns, we will finally be fully of God (though of course not God Himself), just as Jesus is (though of course not Jesus Himself, Who is God the Son). This is the climax of the very passage that you keep referencing in 1 Corinthians 15. We do not get a "new body," but our body is made new, just as God says in Revelation 21, not "Behold, I am making all new things," but rather, "Behold I am making all things new." And this is exactly how Paul finishes out 1 Corinthians 15:
  • "We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. 53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality." (vv.51-53, emphasis mine)
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:59 pm ... and the righteous cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.
Well that would contradict what Jesus Himself says, in the Sermon on the Mount:
  • "For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:20)
When Jesus returns, we will finally fully possess the same righteousness as Christ Jesus Himself. Right now only in part, but then in full.
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:40 pm I'm simply quoting things He inspired to be written.
Right, but your understanding of it is the issue. :)

Grace and peace to you.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by Eloi »

Scripture shows that none of Jehovah's faithful servants from before Christ will live in heaven when they are resurrected. And millions of people who lived after Christ are not going to be resurrected to live there either.

Matt. 11:11 Truly I say to you, among those born of women, there has not been raised up anyone greater than John the Baptist, but a lesser person in the Kingdom of the heavens is greater than he is. 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now, the Kingdom of the heavens is the goal toward which men press, and those pressing forward are seizing it. 13 For all, the Prophets and the Law, prophesied until John ...

Where are all those faithful of God going to live if they are not going to be kings in heaven? They will live on earth, as the angel told Daniel:

Dan. 12:“But as for you, go on to the end. You will rest, but you will stand up for your lot at the end of the days.”

It is obvious that for a kingdom to be, there must be kings and subjects. O:)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #14

Post by myth-one.com »

PinSeeker wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:45 pm
No, what's changed is we are no longer sinful, finally just like Jesus.
Yes, we can, and do, in our no-longer-sinful bodies.
Any Christian (righteous, sinless, or otherwise) cannot inherit the Spiritual Kingdom of God if they are resurrected with earthly flesh and blood bodies as PinSeeker claims.

Here is what God inspired Paul to write in the scriptures:

And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;... (I Corinthians 15:49-50)

I believe Paul.

One must be born again of the Spirit to enter the Kingdom of God.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by PinSeeker »

Heaven and earth will be one. There will no longer be any separation:

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God Himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.' ” (Revelation 21:1-4, emphasis mine)

Grace and peace to all.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by Eloi »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:58 pm(...) Any Christian (righteous, sinless, or otherwise) cannot inherit the Spiritual Kingdom of God if they are resurrected with earthly flesh and blood bodies as PinSeeker claims.

Here is what God inspired Paul to write in the scriptures:

And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;... (I Corinthians 15:49-50)

I believe Paul.

One must be born again of the Spirit to enter the Kingdom of God.
It is true that no body of flesh and bones can live in the spiritual regions, as you explain. However, not all the dead faithful to God will be resurrected to live as spirits in heaven ... only those who will reign with Jesus will be. The dead who do not belong to those who are in that covenant, will be resurrected on earth with bodies of flesh and bones.

"Born again" does not mean that the person changes his body to one of spirit, but that the person receives the spirit of God to predispose him for his future life as a spiritual creature. The person is born again living in his body of flesh, but the spirit of God in that person that God calls to be king in heaven, causes him to be resurrected with a body of spirit after he physically dies. It is then that he becomes fully a child of God with his new spiritual body to go to meet Jesus in the heavenly kingdom.

1 John 3:2 Beloved ones, we are now children of God, but it has not yet been made manifest what we will be. We do know that when he is made manifest we will be like him, because we will see him just as he is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as that one is pure.

Not all faithful Christians are going to reign in heaven. Millions of people, survivors of the great tribulation and resurrected in the Millennium, will be earthly subjects of that kingdom who will live forever on earth with their perfect flesh bodies. That was the hope that was given to all of Jehovah's servants of old (John 11:24; Job 14:13-15; Dan. 12:13) :

Psal. 37:10 And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be.
11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Jesus also spoke of that group:

Matt. 5:5 “Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth."

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by PinSeeker »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:58 pm Here is what God inspired Paul to write in the scriptures:
OHHHH! Don't stop there, myth-one! Here you go:

"Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust (Adam), we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven (Jesus). I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality." When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: 'Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?' ”
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:58 pm I believe Paul.
That's great! But you have to understand him, too, else the belief is... incomplete. :D
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:58 pm One must be born again of the Spirit to enter the Kingdom of God.
Absolutely. Nicodemus didn't fully understand it, either. But it is certainly possible that at some point after the conversation with Jesus in John 3, he came to understand.

Grace and peace, to you.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #18

Post by Eloi »

According to some religious leaders of Christendom, the whole Millennium thing is metaphorical. I have heard several of them say that humanity is already under the millennium that Rev. 20 speaks of, and that they themselves are those "kings and priests" that are spoken of there. They also say that they have the authority to "bind" the Devil and demons and that is what their reign consists of. Is that biblical teaching, or is it just a speculation that comes out of a purely carnal delusion of grandeur?

Some aspects of the Millennium that the Bible speaks of help to understand the truth:

1) before the Millennium begins, "the wild beast" and "the false prophet" MUST HAVE ALREADY been cast into the lake of fire, according to Rev. 20:10;

2) As that Millennium is equivalent to the kingdom of Jesus on the whole earth, the anointed brothers of Jesus must already be in heaven ALONG WITH HIM to reign together, that is, the first resurrection HAS TO HAVE OCCURRED (Rev. 20: 4- 6);

3) Before the beginning of the Millennium the Devil and his demons MUST have been removed from the middle so as not to hinder that reign, that is why they have to be abyssed BEFORE that reign begins over all humanity (Rev. 20: 1-3 , 7,8).

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #19

Post by myth-one.com »

[Replying to PinSeeker in post #17]

Deceased natural Christian bodies which are sown like a seed (buried) are resurrected as new spiritual bodies which can inherit the Kingdom of God:
It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body... (I Corinthians 15:44)
Natural physical flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

It is sown "a natural body" and it is raised "a spiritual body."

Those are two entirely different bodies.

Why would one want to hold on to the characteristics of the natural body, when they become spiritual bodies?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #20

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:58 pm(...) One must be born again of the Spirit to enter the Kingdom of God.
Eloi wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:13 pmIt is true that no body of flesh and bones can live in the spiritual regions, as you explain. However, not all the dead faithful to God will be resurrected to live as spirits in heaven ... only those who will reign with Jesus will be. The dead who do not belong to those who are in that covenant, will be resurrected on earth with bodies of flesh and bones.
Every human is under the New Testament Covenant as whosoever:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
So "whosoever believeth" will be resurrected to everlasting spiritual life!!

Only spiritual beings have everlasting life. Anyone resurrected as flesh and blood would soon be dead again.
Eloi wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:13 pmHowever, not all the dead faithful to God will be resurrected to live as spirits in heaven ... only those who will reign with Jesus will be.
Referring to believers, the Bible states that every Christian will reign with Christ:
...we shall also reign with him. (II Timothy 2:12)

...and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (I Thessalonians 4:17)
Eloi wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:13 pm"Born again" does not mean that the person changes his body to one of spirit,. . .
Born again of the Spirit means the person is changed from a natural body to a spiritual body. That happens at the Second Coming.

And the Kingdom of Heaven is coming to us, we are not going to heaven.