Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Christendom's i nconsistent beliefs # 1: Dan. 7:13, 14

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

In Dan. 7: 13,14 Jehovah's prophet describes the following vision he received:

Dan. 7:13 “I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed."

There is talk of something that happens in the heavenly realms: one who resembles a human being is brought before another One, and he is given a kingdom, authority and honor. For a Jehovah's Witness the vision is totally clear; it is even repeated in Rev. 4,5, in which the "Ancient of Days" is described as "the one seated on the throne" and the one "like a son of man" as the Lamb. I have heard some taught by Christendom's theologians saying that the one who receives the government in Daniel's vision is not Jesus Christ ascended long after his resurrection.

Can a non-Jehovah's Witness "Christian" who has been instructed by any religious leader of Christendom explain to us why some of them do not accept that Daniel's vision is about Jesus Christ receiving Kingdom power from Jehovah?

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Re: Christendom's i nconsistent beliefs # 1: Dan. 7:13, 14

Post #2

Post by PinSeeker »

Eloi wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:41 am Can a non-Jehovah's Witness "Christian" who has been instructed by any religious leader of Christendom explain to us why some of them do not accept that Daniel's vision is about Jesus Christ receiving Kingdom power from Jehovah?
I don't think any Christian "worth his salt," so to speak... or I guess I should say made "worth his salt" by the Spirit... fails to affirm that, Eloi. Well, aside from, you know, differentiating between Jesus Christ and Jehovah... :) Anyway, yeah, I would certainly proclaim it until the cows come home (until Jesus, the Self-proclaimed Son of Man, returns)... :D

Interesting that you put 'Christian' in quotes, there. It seems obvious that you're saying that nobody except Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians. Which I think on this forum is a no-no. But, no matter, really.

Grace and peace to you.

Hawkins
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Hawkins »

Daniel encountered Jesus. The Jews however doesn't fully know God's Trinity. They thus excluded Danial from the list of prophets (i.e., eyewitnesses of God). However in the end and by God's will the book of Daniel is included in the Jewish Canon. You know who Jesus is by comparing the description of the "son of man" in the book of Daniel and in the book of Revelation.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Eloi »

If you consider yourself a Christian, and you do believe that the vision in Dan. 7:13,14 is a representation of a real event in heavens: Who would you say both persons on the scene are: 'the Ancient of Days' and the 'one like a son of man'?